Best food in the park?

Headed up to the point next Thursday for my SO's birthday and wondering where we should eat for lunch! The only sit-in restaurants I've been to are Coasters and Fridays... looking to try something new. Any opinions and/or recommendations are much appreciated!

If it were me, celebrating a 'big' birthday, I'd have dinner at Cedar Point's Bay Harbor. It's outside the park next to the Marina. Cheap? No. Delicious? Very.

But they're not open for lunch.

Outside of the park, Famous Dave's and Breakwater Cafe (near Sandcastle Suites) have nice menus and offer a respite from the pace of the park.

Inside the park, Johnny Rocket's would be fun

^Bay Harbor is excellent for dinner, menu is available on CP website linked page.

Tomo Hibachi in Hotel Breakers is fun too

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You won't find anything worth your $$$$ INSIDE the park, however, that being said, you should definitely check out the offerings outside the park, like someone mentioned, Famous Dave's (my personal favorite), or Tomo Hibachi. The food inside the park (even the sit-down places) are just way over priced for the mid-quality that you get. And don't even THINK about Chickie and Pete's. For one, for it being a sit down eatery, there's NO BATHROOMS!

^^^That's true of anything you buy in the park :)

Meh, the last two years I went to Bay Harbor I was not impressed. Of course, one of those times, they served my kid spoiled milk (which caused him to throw up in the restaurant, so I suppose that's karma for you). I had some kind of chicken that was totally bland and devoid of seasoning. I remember having some great meals there years ago, but not impressed the last two times.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'll admit my last visit was two years ago, but everything I had was delicious.

Yeah, I'd go with Famous Dave's right outside the Marina gate. Try the feast for two. Always a good meal, not too expensive.

Trying to stay on the not-too-expensive side, lol. After everything I have heard about Chickie and Pete's I wouldn't even go in for a drink. I've really been curious about Johnny Rocket's because we LOVE burgers. :) Also considering Famous Dave's now, thanks!

From what you're describing, Famous Dave's sounds like the happy medium. Bay Harbor is most likely more than you want to spend, and Famous Dave's has pretty fair pricing.

Promoter of fog.

If you love burgers go to Famous Daves, they have a beef brisket blend for their burgers that is really good.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

TrinDawg41 said:
And don't even THINK about Chickie and Pete's. For one, for it being a sit down eatery, there's NO BATHROOMS!

Uh... So?

Is it that hard to walk across the midway to those bathrooms before you eat here?

Last edited by Invertalon,

We are going for our honeymoon the end of July and were looking at possibly going to Tomo Hibachi, has anyone eaten there and what were your thoughts? My fiance has never been to a hibachi so Im think that might be something he would get a kick out of and give us a break from the park for a little while.

We ate there yesterday and really enjoyed it. Pricing is about the same as other Japanese steakhouses for Hibachi, except you don't get a salad and the shrimp appetizer. But can't say I was impressed with the shrimp tempura roll, I've had better. The atmosphere is always fun with the chef.

Does anyone remember the platinum pass deal for Bay Harbor, is it 10% off there, too?

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

Bay harbor gives 10% off with PP

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

No big deal on the salad, although I don't eat seafood of any kind so a shrimp roll will do nothing for it, but I'm sure my husband will eat mine! Since he's never been to a hibachi I thought it might be fun, he's pretty outgoing and I think he'd really like the show, just wanted to make sure the food was good.

Long time lurker here. There is NO best food in the park. It is sub par and too expensive! We have to leave to afford the place!! Kings Island has incredible pizza. Why can't CP work with one of the local pizza places and get some quality pizza in there. That I might pay for.

I've been very happy with Pink's dogs. Lots of great toppings. Onion rings are pretty good too.

The brat carts aren't bad for the price and the food truck looks like it has some good fare, but I've never tried it.

Brian,Favorite flat: MaxAirFavorite coaster: Millennium Force

I don't usually get sandwiches or meals, but I like to get funnel cakes at Toot Sweets and cinnamon pretzels at Auntie Anne's.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

bgiese said:
I've been very happy with Pink's dogs. Lots of great toppings. Onion rings are pretty good too.

The brat carts aren't bad for the price and the food truck looks like it has some good fare, but I've never tried it.

I have been to Pink's about 5 times and every time my hotdog is burnt on the outside and undercooked on the inside. Could just be a coincidence but I prefer getting pizza or burgers now at other locations.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service