Live Web Cams

Today, I saw they moved it to Dragster, and you can see every car launch. It's soooo cool.
Also, what it wrong with the blue dragster train? It's been on the side track for a few days. When I was here at the end of May, it was also on. Does anyone know what is wrong?

I was on the blue train on Thursday.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Here is also one looking at bluestreak these are awesome!

They only run five trains max on Dragster. One will sit off for the day. Which train gets a break changes throughout the season.

speaking of the blue streak, havent been to cp in a few years, do they only run one train now? the web cam looks like it

They usually run 2, unless it is not busy.

Pretty cool image on the live cam today. You can really see a close up of people on PT when the train comes to the top.

CPboy77 said:
Pretty cool image on the live cam today. You can really see a close up of people on PT when the train comes to the top.

That is one cool view!! Wish I was on it and could tell someone to check it out while I was on it!!

Love these new cams!!

According to Tony's tweet, the still cams are going to take a long nap, and they are putting a new live cam in the back of the park.

He also tweeted that there will not be a parking lot cam. If we can no longer gauge crowds by how packed the lot is, we will no longer be doing spur of the moment supper trips to CP. Too far to drive and end up with a packed park. We usually take 6-8 of these trips in addition to most Sundays early and later in the season. I checked the TTD cam this past Tuesday and noticed how empty the park was. I headed up to the park, had dinner at Coasters and got 13 rides in 2 hrs (6 MF, 3 GK, 1 WT, 2 BS and 1 Maxair). Pretty good for this time of the year. I won't be able to do this anymore. Oh well....

Paul

The live cams are a great addition, makes me want to be at the park even more than just watching the old cam shots.

I hope they get a couple more, maybe one on the tower of breakers and MF Lift hill.
Also, it'd be great if they use them for construction cams in the off season.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

When Tony says the still cams will be taking a "long nap" could that mean they'll be gone until the offseason, then be replaced and the live cams disabled?

Last edited by samosuband,

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

"Love Cams?" Just what kind of renovations are they planning on for the resorts? :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

^ LOL! I don't see a point to the live cams during the offseason, so I imagine that's when they'll take down the live cams.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

samosuband said:
When Tony says the still cams will be taking a "long nap" could that mean they'll be gone until the offseason, then be replaced and the live cams disabled?

Looks as if they are napping right now.

not napping,dead/gone. webcam link doesn't exist on the 'online fun' drop down anymore.

just checked Carowinds and Kings Island,links are there but no webcam pics.

Last edited by Dennis Urban,

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

The IP that used to host CP's static webcams (and likely the other parks' as well) is down. (http://174.121.245.214/)

So maybe it wasn't the park's decision to turn off the webcams.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

I am not liking this.

Shh... We don't criticize the park! They are godly beings who can do no wrong. All hail the loss of the static webcams!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service