Chickie's and Pete's... Overrated?

Went to the park yesterday and had it and it just seemed overrated to me. The menu is pretty limited and the prices are outrageous! Now, I know CP prices are high but this place just took the cake... and this is coming from someone who spends money on both lunch and dinner whenever I go to the park. I got the BBQ Burger and on the menu it states its 10.99, so you think it probably comes with fries. If you add fries that's another 9 dollars! Sure the fries come in a pretty large basket but still not worth it in my opinion. My burger was very dry too. I was pretty disappointed.

I found Game Day Grille to be of better quality in that location.

Also, isn't this supposed to be a seafood place? I noticed a very small amount of seafood items on the menu.

Last edited by CPboy77,

It's better than other venues, and has good beers available, that sells it enough for me. I'd rather have their cheesesteak and fries with a good Ale than Dip n Dots and Lemon Chill.

Bartenders at Chickies have way better stories than any Lemon Chill Guy :)

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Our family tried Chickie's and Pete's. I have to agree with CPboy77. I am prepared to pay more at CP, but your talking $25 for a burger, fries and soft drink and then you are supposed to tip on top of that. That's just for one person. I had the cheese steak which was nothing special and declined on the $9 fries. Much of the menu had oddball choices so it makes things difficult for families where the kids just want the basics, like $9 fries. One of our family had the pizza which was reasonably good.

Also the restrooms are closed.

I will say our service was very good. Overall, I'll probably avoid the place.

I was there yesterday as well.

Funny enough, I had the classic Cheese Steak and it was delicious, if a bit overloaded. My wife had the buffalo chicken sandwich, which she enjoyed. I'm sorry, but have none of you ever been to Logan's or Applebee's or Texas Roadhouse? The prices are similar.

And the fries are a specialty item. Of course they're going to be more expensive. And that bucket is gigantic. We barely finished all of it and couldn't ride another ride for a while because we were so full we were afraid it might make a reappearance.

And no, I'm not speaking as someone who has a lot of money to throw around. But honestly, for dinner, that is no worse than going to your local chain restaurant like the aforementioned Applebee's or Logan's or Red Robin.

I dunno, I think the fare found at Famous Dave's mere yards away trounces what you find in that place.

Sparty42 said:
I'm sorry, but have none of you ever been to Logan's or Applebee's or Texas Roadhouse?

Those places all suck and I wouldn't go to those either.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Don't get me wrong, they aren't my first choices either.

But that's essentially what Chickie's and Pete's is with a more limited selection. And it's pretty much the same price as you would pay at those places.

I'll say outside of Famous Dave's and Friday's, I don't really know of another place in the park that has a better menu for a sit-down restaurant (I've never found Midway Market or Johnny Rocket's all that appealing).

Pinks is pretty good for what they are. They aren't what I'd call fine dining, I mean...hot dogs. But, they do give a good presentation.

Now, let's see a 5-Guys inside the park.

I haven't been impressed with Pink's yet. The service is slow, the food is mediocre, at best, and it's messy.

Let's not even mention the heartburn. :)

Jeff is in a sucky mood today..Everything sucks to him lol..someones having a Meriod ;)

Pinks' burgers aren't bad for what they are, being included in the dining plan and all. However, I will say that they are quite slow and get way out of order when they're busy.

thedevariouseffect said:
Jeff is in a sucky mood today..Everything sucks to him lol..someones having a Meriod ;)

Seriously? Didn't you get yelled at for trying to be clever last week?

No, not really..besides..yelling..hehe

Join the military, see what real yelling is like.

Everyone put your penis away, please.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

When in doubt whip it out ;)

Sparty42 said:
I'm sorry, but have none of you ever been to Logan's or Applebee's or Texas Roadhouse? The prices are similar.
But honestly, for dinner, that is no worse than going to your local chain restaurant like the aforementioned Applebee's or Logan's or Red Robin.

One of Red Robin's new "Finest" burgers costs less than $14, and comes with fries. They're actually pretty good, too. Plus, they have a bathroom.

There is no way you can convince me that a burger and fries at C&P's is worth $19.99. That's completely absurd. You can walk over to Friday's and get a lot more for that kind of money.

Brandon

How much is a Burger and Fries at TGI Fridays

At Fridays at Breakers this year, their burgers were priced at $13.59, and include seasoned fries. The only burger that was priced higher ($15.99) was their "All-American Stacked Burger", which is a fancy double cheeseburger.

And they too had a bathroom. :)

Brandon

Wonder if Silver Dollar Cafe had a bathroom?

The fries are the difference. Opening day, our order included two cheesesteaks, one cheeseburger, one Coke, two waters and we split one order of crabfries. Total was $45.85. I didn't think that was at all unreasonable.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service