Gold Dorms coming down

If you don't follow us on Facebook, you missed this photo showing the start of demolition of Gold Dorms.

And if you're not following us already, now's your chance. We often post content on Facebook (and Twitter) that doesn't always make it here to the main site.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

And all the events that happened inside die with it xD

Wonder if Cedars are next now

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

There is no way Cedars isn't next. This has been overdue for decades. Cedars is sitting there on the other side of the peninsula, creaking with fear knowing it's next.

Last edited by liebevision,

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

^Right...We always used to joke if you lean on it the wrong way you'll knock it over :P

Only thing that worries me is they're ganna need more busses and a better schedule to shuttle the people without cars and international employees to the park every day and back now...

Walt said:
And if you're not following us already, now's your chance. We often post content on Facebook (and Twitter) that doesn't always make it here to the main site.

I appreciate this, Walt. I don't want to get all butthurt about this if I miss out.

~Rob

Interesting that they started with Gold. I thought the consensus, for whatever it's worth, was Cedars as the first to go.

Is the planned dorm large enough to house residents from both Gold & Cedars?

Brandon

When I worked at CP, I stayed in Gold Dorms. I prefered it as it was really easy to run to the room, change clothes and ride rides during your split shifts. Really sad to see them go :(

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

The new dorms will be 100 rooms, according to a Register article awhile back. I can see that replacing just Golds but I don't think both Cedars and Golds can fit in only 100 rooms, even if they cram 4 people to a room like they do in Commons.

I expect Golds is being torn down to expand maintenance, and Cedars won't go until they actually use that area (probably for a marina expansion.)

Morté aka Matt, Ego sum nex
Dragon's Fire Design: http://www.dragonsfiredesign.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mattdrake

Any guys here have to walk of shame out of Golds during their time @ CP :P...Those were terrible haha

I see Golds area being used for more Hotel Breakers space whether it be parking or future additions. I'm not too sure what is going on with Cedars this off season. I thought that would come down first, but since all FunRaisers basically stay in Cedars, I guess it makes sense for Golds to come down now.

I am surprised that they didn't remove the furniture. Even if it was old and worn, I am sure someone, somewhere could have used it.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

Where are Gold Dorms located? Are they the buildings next to Famous Dave's? or the buildings by the Breakers?

^By Breakers. Cedars is near Famous Dave's.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Were the Gold Dorms originally built as dorms or was it a hotel converted into dorms?

If all the players are ready...at the sound of the bell, ROLL EM!

I wanna say old hotels, but I'm not perfectly sure, someone who's lived there or more in depth on the subject will have to say...

I just know it's where all the girls lived that chose to stay on point..

Giggity

When I read about this, I instantly thought, maybe they're clearing the gold dorms out to add another ride in. Maybe it could be for a Soak City expansion as well.

does anyone have pictures of the new dorm construction?

Yes, someone does

Just had to

The gold dorms have always been employee housing since they were built after the turn of the century. They were never used as a hotel.

Shawn Meyer said:
When I read about this, I instantly thought, maybe they're clearing the gold dorms out to add another ride in. Maybe it could be for a Soak City expansion as well.

Gold Dorms are right behind Corkscrew (by the CP water tower), I don't think CP is going to expand Soak City that far out....

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service