Holy crap was that crowded!

I was at the Point this weekend for a Friday-Saturday package at Breakers Express. I've never been at the park when it was as empty as it was on Friday and I've never, ever seen it as packed as it was on Saturday.

Halloweekends stuff was outstanding. Seemed like there were more screamsters this year... we spent a lot of time just going through the different zones in the evening. To the screamsters who are on here... well done.

For those of you still planning to go this season... make sure to take the time to see "The Telltale Heart" in the Glass Blowing Theater. Great stuff.

What is the tell tale heart? Is it a magic show/poetry show?

It's a dramatic reading of the Edgar Allen Poe classic. The actor that does it is outstanding.

Oh... and by the way - the Monsters Rock show was outstanding too.

Did you go on any coasters? What was the wait times?

Maverick and MF were 2-2.5 hours most of the day, Raptor and TTD 1.75-2.25, the haunted attractions all had full queues in less then an hour after they opened and even Magnum closed the night with a 20 min wait.

How were lines on Friday? Like what were the times for TTD, MF, and Maverick?

I didn't wait over 25 minutes for TTD or MF on Friday.

Didn't even go near Maverick, so I can't say.

I was there on Sat the 6th of October. We got there around 3 pm and they were parking guests near the very back of the lot near the tollbooths. Yes lines were very long and most were to full que capacity so unless you are willing to wait 2+ hrs in line at least kiddie land was open!!!

I walked on to TTD on Friday both times I rode it, Maverick I waited about 30 minutes.

Then Saturday HOLY CRAP it was busy, Two people in our group waited in line for Maverick for 3 hours.

MF kept breaking down all day on saturday, Mantis had a line out its Que into the midway.

But it was a real nice day and a nice 30min wait to get our of Cedar Points Parking Lot.

Plus it was pretty neat seeing alot of Geauga Lake Employee's working at Cedar Point
*** Edited 10/7/2007 11:50:52 PM UTC by Cedar Point Man***

RIP MR.SCOTT The ONLY MAYOR OF LIGHTHOUSE

^Man, would that be nice to have a walkon on TTD.

I went to the park on 06 October as well.

Arrived at park at 11 for Joe Cool ERT, hit Raptor and Millennium before park opened. Waited <10 minutes for Mean Streak, but that was for 12PM line open. Had Second train of the morning.

After that the insanity began...In my whole life of Cedar Point trips I have never seen the park as busy as it was on Saturday.

I waited just a little less than 2 hrs for Maverick twice, but that was due to the Single Rider Line. Waited 30 mins for Maggie, later in the day i was blown away how long the wait even for Maggie got, it hit the spare queue space behind the bathrooms when I last saw it. I have not seen that space used in the last 5 years . Even the Mine Ride had a wait using the outside queue that I personally have never seen used.

Waited 40 mins for Gemini, 35 for Wicked Twister, 20 for Disaster (needed the A/C), 45 mins for Skyhawk, 2 hrs for TTD with a small breakdown. Left at 9 when it began to get even more insane with everyone going to the Halloweekends Haunts.

All in all it was a great day, lines moved, I enjoyed myself.

Not having any second thoughts about going every weekend coming up :)

I went on Saturday, Maverick was an Hour and a half wait around 12:30. Then we went on MF when they started letting people back in line after the first time it broke down. Then about 20 min later it broke down again, A lot of people left the line so that was good. The problem with MF was that for some reason some of the seats on every train would not release with the other ones so they would have to spend about 5-10 min just to release it, they also had several seats taped off. But overall the trip was Cedar Fantastic!!!

While Saturday was relatively busy, I've definitely seen much worse...

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I almost sharted myself getting off of the turnpike with the huge wait! That was what freaked me out. I spent about a good 30 min trying to find a vending machine that was working or wasn't sold out but I gave up and waited in line for the concession stand! Also I rode Blue streak at the end of the night and I don't get people when they say that it is rough, because that was smooth. I don't know it might just be me but I love that ride!!!

Blue Streak isn't rough in comparison to Mean Streak.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Actually, word on the street is that every Friday has been bigger year-over-year. The line for Maverick was pretty insane.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I don't know what the attendance for Saturday ended up being, but I'd guess maybe mid 40's. I've seen worse once or twice, but it was pretty busy. The main lot was full, the bay side lot was 3/4 full, the spaces right in front of the toll booths were in use, and the Soak City lot was at least 2/3 full. I didn't notice a large number of buses, but judging by line lengths and the lot, it was a very good day for CP.

Maverick closed their line at 12:08 with a full queue. I ended up getting off the ride somewhere between 1 and 1:30 and then sat in a traffic backup on the causeway until almost 2. Not sure what the deal was, but it must've been either an accident or just badly timed lights between the causeway and 250. I've never seen it like that on the way OUT of the park - especially that late.

I wasn't there Friday night, but heard it was a pretty nice crowd and I'd say the same for Sunday. It was busier than I hoped it was going to be so I took off after just a couple hours.

-Matt

This why i've been to Cedar Point on a Saturday.. once..

..and that was Maverick's Opening Day where I paid for my seat.

I'll be going for my 4th Friday on Halloweekends this season this coming weekend though. :)

BDash | Toro | Maverick | Bizarro | Voyage | RFII | X2 | TTD | DBack | Cornball

This weekend's Saturday wasn't quite as crowded as the same Saturday last year, but it was fairly close. I didn't leave Goodtime until 2:15 (we Screamsters have gotten smart enough that we don't bother trying to get out and fight the traffic) and traffic finally cleared around 2. I know the Maverick crew hadn't made it out by that time.

It was a good day though. I was impressed that the crowds didn't pose as much of a problem for the parade as I figured they might. We actually made it through the route a good 5 minutes faster than usual. Of course, everyone's desire to get out of the costumes that were designed for much colder weather probably helped.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Saturday was extremely busy, but not as crowded as the Halloweekend Saturday about 4 years when they started running out of food about 5pm.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service