Winter Chill Out 2022

Got 2 of the Wicked Twister track pieces. They are awesome got #43 and #44. From the looks of it there should still be plenty to sell to the public later.

Last edited by SuperS0nicSam,

did they say when pieces will go on sale to the public or if anything like the wheels etc.. will be madee available. As a first and last (day) rider of this ride, I would really like to get something unique to complete my memory collection if this ride. If anyone knows if I can maybe email Tony or something. At a minimum please see about a public sale dat for the track pieces and post here if anyone is able. Thanks.

Public sale for the track pieces was said to commence on Monday on line.

Yeah - first thing Tony stated was no questions about TTD.

That seems to confirm that the current status is more legal that mechanical in me mind with TTD.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Anyone get any of the Wicked Twister track?

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

I did, that tiny inch and a half of rail is a lot heavier than what one would think.

I did. Amazing piece to have!!

I got one too, and was caught off by it when I first held it. It’s only 5 pounds, but it’s a very dense 5 pounds so it feels a lot heavier in your palm.

WhatisaVekoma

On eBay, three WT track pieces have already sold for $500 each on average. A fourth is for sale now with a BIN price of $650. (Some of the bundled stickers are also being sold by themselves. Very entrepreneurial all around! Lol)

I don't understand why CP continues to make the distribution of WT merch so messy--empowering these scalpers. Yes, I blame the eBay buyers for being impatient, but I also blame the park for not being clearer on how many track pieces they'll sell to the public, when, and for how much. If they did that, scalpers might have a harder time duping people into wasting $300.

Last edited by Top Thrill 182,

Thrills Around the Corner!

Considering they said it was limited to one piece per person and there is someone on these forums who got two says a lot…

I was told limit one....i did not get one, but was told that.

If they were on ebay selling for $500.....they were like $215. at the park. (not sure if that included tax or not)

mgou58 said:

Considering they said it was limited to one piece per person and there is someone on these forums who got two says a lot…

Crazy to think that a couple would go together and each get a piece.

I personally have no interest in spending $215 on a piece of Wicked Twister track. Heck, I'm not sure I'd spend that much for Magnum track. It'd just be extra "stuff" sitting around collecting dust in a house that already has too much of that. But if they're selling for $500 on eBay, clearly there's a market for them and maybe the park priced them a bit too low.

-Matt

I agree MDOmnis. I was blown away when I saw it was selling for $215. It's not a legendary ride. I loved White Water Landing, and still miss it. It was a huge ride in my childhood, but I would not pay $215 for a piece of metal of the old lift hill, or a wheel on one of the boats. Crazy! Like you said, just extra junk laying around.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

It can be quite shocking what some might be willing to pay for a certain item, for example;

Shawn, how much would you pay for a section of Rougarou track? (just teasing)

They did not make it to the web site yet unfortunately…watching eagerly so I don’t miss getting mine…

Has anyone heard if there bringing back preferred parking, and does anyone have the list of winners from the drawing at wco.

$215 for the WT track is how tall it was.

so $420 for TTD track at WCO23.

Either way, the park laughs all the way to the bank, same with buttons & patches.

also… $500 is relative , so is $5 or $50000- you have no idea what the financial position of an eBay buyer is.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service