Winter Chill Out 2022

^ All they want is for you to send a link to your bank account!

Jake 10, I know you really, really want a ticket, but please do not do this! Or anyone else for that matter.

Serious question: Wasn’t WCO originally an event put on by Pointbuzz along with the park? Is it still put on by Pointbuzz? I do see the tickets benefit A Kid Again still, which is great! Thank you in advance!

TwistedWicker77 said:

Serious question: Wasn’t WCO originally an event put on by Pointbuzz along with the park? Is it still put on by Pointbuzz? I do see the tickets benefit A Kid Again still, which is great! Thank you in advance!

We did our first off-season event in 2011. The second one in 2012 benefitted Give Kids the World. In 2013, there was a big increase in interest because of GateKeeper. That led to the first Winter Chill Out in 2014, which we organized with Cedar Point. By then, it had gotten so large and so popular, that, starting in 2015, it was in the best interest of the event for it to be run by Cedar Point.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Walt, thank you for explaining the history. That is great. I went to the first one in 2014, 2015, and 2016. I haven’t been able to get a ticket since then. I’m glad there is much interest, though.

I went to the 1st one in 2011, none since then. I enjoyed it. No particular reason for not doing any more.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

The 2012 event was great. Being at the park when it's empty and cold sounds terribly unappealing to most but I loved it. We didn't have any snow unfortunately but it was cool going into the Disaster Transport building. John Hildebrant gave a great speech too.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I'm not sure if 2013 was particularly cold, or what, but I'm the opposite. While it was pretty neat to see the Gatekeeper construction and trains up close and such, I was mostly just looking forward to the tour ending so I could get back inside. The wind off the lake that day was simply painful. I'll leave the WCO "fun" to the rest of you, or at least those "fortunate" enough to get tickets. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Agreed!

Anyone have a ticket or 2 available that they’re unable to use and be willing to sell?

WhatisaVekoma

during the Q&A is it just a free for all or do they say you cant ask about X or Y?

If I remember correctly last year questions were submitted via text, which allowed for things to be vetted a bit.

Previous years they have mentioned things like "no questions about Mean Streak" just before the Steel Vengeance conversion and other "hot topics".

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Yeah last year they switched to text questions and just picked the ones they wanted, at least in the 8am session. The weather is looking... dire. Ugh.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Just had an idea!

What if they did a charity auction for x number of tickets? I'm sure some people would pay some serious cash to go in that condition? They could raise even more money then and those that really want/can afford those tickets can purchase them while they still have normal ones available and or some in a lotto system?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Great idea!

Last edited by Skydiver,

Check your emails for details for Saturday. The last paragraph has me excited! I won't spoil the details.

I’m not able to go but curious now … I really wish I could figure out how someone could grab me a Twister piece tomorrow…

DRE420 said:

Check your emails for details for Saturday. The last paragraph has me excited! I won't spoil the details.

Since WCO has now commenced, would you be willing to share the last paragraph that has you excited? I couldn’t get a ticket, so I’m curious to see what they are doing with the WT track pieces.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

They are having a raffle and the grand prize is an Antique Car. They also have 10 wicked twister wheels, 3 wicked twister signs, and 12 books for other raffle prizes.

How much is a piece of Wicked Twister track?

$215

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service