Winter Chill Out 2022

DRE420 said:

I don't personally know Walt, but being the owner of this site, I don't see why he would ever troll his readers.

Just don't hold me to that standard on April 1.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

^Assuredly this is the year we finally get that Hooters. Don't give up on the dream.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I know Walt and YOU'RE NO WALT!!!

It is interesting no matter the year, you can almost set your clock to seeing certain topics/discussions during certain times of the year...Now I'm waiting to see the Eye No What CP is getting in 2023 threads!

Just buckle up, sit back and ENJOY the off season!

Last edited by Old Timer Tim,

"Did they put the "buckets" on Giant Wheel yet?"

Winter Chill Out will be Saturday February 26th. Tickets go on sale next Tuesday 1/18 @ 10am. More info to come this week per Tony.

Woo, they're actually doing it! I thought they weren't going to because of Covid (Speaking from personal experience, Covid sucks). I'm wondering if they're going to make it self guides like they did last year. But I can't wait for WCO regardless.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I think the free roam is here to stay. The last 3 years were all that style, and it has been a huge improvement. Some of the locations they have done in recent years like Maverick tunnel, Millennium Force lift hill and SV infield were outstanding, plus the best in show sign shop. Good luck all, I assume it'll be another horrible experience though with tickets at 10am, selling out in seconds with lots of people losing them out of their cart. Last year was the worst, we were lucky to get our 3.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

One of my favorite 'behind the scene' locations would be inside Disaster Transport.

It was a number of years ago and back when we still stayed in a group....but very cool.

I do prefer the free roam as you can go at your speed, skip what you want and take extra time and pics where want. Last year the daughter headed back to the back again....I found a bench in the sun, think I may had dozed off a bit.

Last edited by Stacys,

I ended up getting 11am because that was all that was available.
If anyone has an earlier time and would like to trade, let me know.
We usually do 8am.

The demand is insane. We had 3 people all right at 10:00:01 and were lucky one of us didn't get booted in the cart. I had 10am in my cart, others had 8 and 8. Two of us got booted in checkout, one got the tix. All times were sold out within 90 seconds. This is nuts. I've been going since 2016, but one of these years my luck is definitely going to run out. Almost did today.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

myxmastrmike...

^I had to get one at 8am and one at 11am.

That's all I could get. I would love to swap so daughter and I could go together....and not wait for 3 hours in the parking lot.

I am at work right now, but, if its allowed to swap a time, Id gladly swap your 11am for my 8am.

Last edited by Stacys,

At least you got something. I had 4 in my cart for 9am and when I clicked submit on the credit card info, I was told my cart was empty. Once they are in your cart you should have at least 90 seconds to check out before losing your tickets. After going for years, this is the 2nd year in a row we are not going and my kids are going to be heartbroken.

The same thing happened to me; got into the site immediately at 10:00am; had 4 tickets in the cart, immediately entered all payment info (this was still at about 10:00:58am or so), and then pushed the "pay" button (or whatever)--poof--"Nothing in your cart." Tried a different browser, was put in the "waiting line" for several minutes, then when admitted to the system by the waiting line, "Sold out."

Same thing happened to us last year. Exact same thing. I understand technical problems; but, it's disappointing to think that the site repeated last year's issue.

Yep, same thing happened to me. Let me right in at 10am sharp, put the tickets in my cart and went to pay and it said my cart was empty. Not even worth trying anymore.

Nancilee Jones

If anyone can't go, I'm in search of 2-3 tickets, preferably at 8-9 am but anything would work. It's been a yearly birthday gift from my dad to myself and this is the first year we would be missing out since Cedar Point hosted the event.

WhatisaVekoma

Same thing happened to me. I had 11 am in my cart and went to pay and it said sold out. So it definitely has to be a glitch.

If anyone has a ticket that they don’t want to use, let me know, I’d gladly pay you for it.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

If any one has two tickets for any of the times, please let me know. Had two in the cart, and they vanished! Thanks!

It looks like I missed my shot for the tickets. :(

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Stacys - I've got 2 tickets at 11am.

I'd need to swap both of them.

Seems like a lot of this nonsense (people unable to get 2 tickets together is pretty absurd) could be avoided by setting this up as a lottery, randomly selecting X number of entrants to receive the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets each or whatever.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service