Winter Chill Out 2018

^^ Before we knew what time the tickets would go on sale ( on Jan 23 ) I had told my daughter they should go on sale at 4:56.

That would have been 1/23 at 4:56. (123456) would have been pretty clever

Thabto said:
Why should they? If you didn't get your tickets in time, you only have yourself to blame. We have learned from the past 2 years that tickets sell out a faster rate than before. I don't see why anyone should get special treatment because they didn't get a ticket. Just sounds like entitlement. Just be more prepared next year. You have learned from this year to get your tickets immediately after they go on sale. Anybody who goes to major concerts or other big shows know that, that usually happens in those cases as well.

Give me a break dude. Some of you act like it’s a privilege to hand over money to Cedar Point. You have this all reversed. They should be thankful for us, not the other way around.

Yes, I am entitled as their paying customer. Yes, I do complain if I feel they did something stupid like selling out for an event for charity or offering tickets for sale beginning at midnight. Stupid.

Yes, call me an enthusiass. I complain when necessary and view my relationship with the park that it’s their privilege to have my business and serve me. Get with it guys. The customer has the power, not the seller.

A problem with releasing tickets at noon is alot of people are at work at that time and not in front of their computer. I would say 8PM would be a good time to make tickets go live. Maybe they will increase group sizes or have more time slots next year to allow for more tickets to be sold. Maybe they will add a second day, but that's probably unlikely.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

No matter when they release tickets, someone will not be happy because they missed out. I know last year, I was kind of upset that they really pushed for you to make purchases on a desktop computer. I couldn't access a desktop while at work so I missed out. I couldn't purchase. While I was sad I missed out on getting a ticket, I knew that in 2017 I wasn't meant to go.

I'm just grateful that the park is opening for tours like this when they don't have to and that the $ goes toward a good charity.

~chugh43

coast said:
They should be thankful for us, not the other way around.

Yes, I am entitled as their paying customer. Yes, I do complain if I feel they did something stupid like selling out for an event for charity or offering tickets for sale beginning at midnight. Stupid.

Yes, call me an enthusiass. I complain when necessary and view my relationship with the park that it’s their privilege to have my business and serve me. Get with it guys. The customer has the power, not the seller.

The event is sold out so I would think they're pretty thankful. A lot of thinking and planning goes into an event like this and crowd numbers aren't just thrown out willy nilly. Increasing the crowd size means more food, more staff and more room to fit people for the various stops and presentations (among other things).

You also have a laughable understanding of the kind of "power" you as a singular enthusiast/paying customer has with the park. If this turn of events was causing problems with a huge group of people and it was blatant incompetence on the parks side, then there'd be more credibility for criticizing the parks decision. The park set a number of guests they wanted to allow in the park, set a date to put the tickets on sale, and told everyone the when and where. I have friends who wanted to go but either didn't want to stay up that late or didn't think it was going to sell out as fast. It's unfortunate but they all understand the outcome and are having a way more mature look at it than I'm seeing by some people.

Granted, it was a different approach compared to previous years and you can argue that it could or should have been done at a different time in the day. But you choose not to get them at that time and missed out.....get over it. Learn from this and be more prepared next time. It would be really sad if the park stopped doing these very generous events because of some entitled enthusiasts that think the park owes them everything.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It’s like nobody’s ever sat up waiting for concert tickets or a playoff game to go on sale. Kind of the same thing. Snooze, ya lose.

Last edited by RCMAC,

Well, I'm not whining about it, but I wouldn't put Winter Chillout in the same class as playoffs or a nationally know headliner concert. Most tickets of that type that are expected to sell out in hours or minutes are usually put on sale during the day. I don't think the park expected them to sell out as quickly as they did. They certainly didn't sell out anywhere near as quickly when Valraven opened. If this is the result of intense interest in Steel Vengeance, expect a crazy busy summer at the park this year.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

TTD 120mph said:

You also have a laughable understanding of the kind of "power" you as a singular enthusiast/paying customer has with the park.

It would be really sad if the park stopped doing these very generous events because of some entitled enthusiasts that think the park owes them everything.

Think back to the bad PR they got from their zombie wedding fiasco and then remind me how little power we have. They had terrible press because they acted foolishly. We have way more power then they’d like to admit. The customer always has the power. They vote with their feet and wallet. Cedar Point is privileged having our business, not the other way around.

I hope they do sell more tickets, after all it is for charity.

The park DOES indeed “owe” us. We’re the ones spending our money there for our entertainment. If we’re not satisfied, we absolutely have power with social media and other channels to voice that displeasure.

Last edited by coast,

It’s a result of nobody shutting up talking about it since November.
Wanna make sure you’re in? Keep it quiet.

What was the "Zombie Wedding Fiasco"?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

“After gay couple asks to be included in Friday the 13th wedding ceremony, Cedar Point cancels the event.”

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2013/08/gay_marriage_cont...force.html

“Scott Kenimond And Eric Morrison, Gay Couple, Excluded From Cedar Point Wedding Contest”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3790087

Last edited by coast,

You also have a laughable understanding of the kind of "power" you as a singular enthusiast/paying customer has with the park.

It would be really sad if the park stopped doing these very generous events because of some entitled enthusiasts that think the park owes them everything.

This reminds me of that thing I posted in the SV thread.

http://www.rollercoasterphilosophy.com/2011/geauga-lake/

(Skip to "On the Genealogy of Online Enthusiast Morality", it contrasts attitudes from before and after the Internet changed the community forever.)

OK, now on a less "forum drama" note...

As for selling out, I wouldn't definitively say that this sellout is a sign that SV is going to be that much more packed than Valravn. It'll be far more packed... with enthusiasts, and Winter Chill-Out, which is mostly attended by enthusiasts, will reflect that. But it doesn't tell us how most of the general public will receive it compared to Valravn.

Last edited by GigaG,

coast said:

The park DOES indeed “owe” us. We’re the ones spending our money there for our entertainment. If we’re not satisfied, we absolutely have power with social media and other channels to voice that displeasure.

The park doesn't "owe" you anything, like any other business they are offering a good or service and you choose whether that good or service is acceptable at the cost and terms presented by the business and if you choose to do business.

The park does "owe" it to their unit holders to maximize profit made by doing business of offering goods or services to the public.

The power of social media is vastly over exaggerated by those who use it to shout the loudest and assume anyone cares. The adage 'there is no such thing as bad publicity' stands more true than ever in this age of yelp, facebook and snapchat. Remind me how bad the Zombie Wedding issue hurt the park? Virtually nobody evens remembers it.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

No matter what decision they made, they would still get bad press from either those who are against gay people, who would claim that Cedar Point was trying to force certain beliefs on everyone, or from people who support gay people and believe Cedar Point does not. I think their decision was a very tough one to make, as we live in a pretty divided society when it comes to those kinds of topics. Although, those who are non-judgemental have a louder voice, so I think it would have been better to include the couple in the ceremony instead of just cancelling it. I still don't think they were foolish at all, they simply made a mistake.

And no, the park owes you nothing. You aren't entitled to anything any more than someone who has only been to Cedar Point once is. If you wish to stop giving them your money, I really don't think they'd care.

Last edited by ValravnCP,

coast said:

This kind of mentality is exactly why they limit the amount of people who come to these events, including CoasterMania. They already explain the park isn't set up to handle crowds with limited space, almost all the restrooms throughout the park closed and lack of staffing. So they find a number they feel comfortable with and set it. Sure you're paying for this event but I would guarantee they take a loss for the day when you factor in the food and salaries they're paying for the day. 100% of the ticket cost goes to charity. So no they don't OWE you anything.

More moaning and whining that you didn't get your way will probably just motivate the park to stop hosting off season events all together. You missed out this year, be an adult about it and try again next year. You're not always gonna get your way and do the things you want to do.

If you feel bad about the charity not getting your $50 I'm sure they'll gladly let you call them up and donate. Heck you can even donate more then $50!

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/955833940736167936

Tony Clark addressing the possibility of selling more tickets to give more $ to A Kid Again.

~chugh43

WolfBobs, your comment of people complaining would motivate CP to simply cancel or discontinue off season events....simply spot on. I just said this exact comment to my daughter.

CP has so much going on while prepping for the season, why would they want to hear the complaints. It is a great event that raises THOUSANDS of dollars for kids with serious health issues. They end up with negative comments while trying to do an awesome positive fundraiser.

^^ What I gather from that post is that he is saying no more tickets will be available and if you want to support the charity, donate to them directly.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thabto said:

^^ What I gather from that post is that he is saying no more tickets will be available and if you want to support the charity, donate to them directly.

Yup that's exactly why I posted it...I interpreted it the same way.

~chugh43

It didn’t seem so, but ok.

Twitter users:
Sell more tickets and you’ll have more money for charity.
Next year make more time slots.

How clueless.
But tonight I learned what a Thoosie is.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service