Winter Chill Out 2018

LightDark18 said:

Steel Vengeance is the ultimate hype. I'm not that surprised that it sold so quickly.

What I realized last night was that unlike WCO 2016, where the groups couldn't get close to Valravn because of construction, SV track construction is complete, so it could be very likely that the groups will be able to weave in and out of the structure.

Ive been fortunate enough to have 2 tours of the Steel Vengeance construction site so I assume that the WCO tour will be the same. We got to spend quite a bit of time walking the infield and take pictures of the track and structure. I doubt you will get to walk in the actual structure itself as its still active construction site.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Walt said:Adam, Pete ... not asking yet, but be prepared. :)

I'm on standby and ready to go live......

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I've been absent on here lately, but I stayed up late and bought a ticket. Usually I go every other year because of my budget. This year though I decided what the heck. I feel bad for those that couldn't buy a ticket in time.

When the site was having issues, I almost waited until this morning to get my ticket, but I'm glad I saw the correct code on here and was able to purchase a ticket.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Whoops, Adam. It looks like they spelled “enthusiass” wrong.
:)

As expected, I'll be on an airplane when the event happens this year. Hopefully somebody will get a couple of photos and a little video......

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

We'll aim for a bushel of photos and a small sampling of video. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Don't get me wrong, I am super bummed that I didn't get a ticket, having no idea that the tickets would sell out. I already booked a weekend flight to Cleveland. But I have no one to blame but myself for not staying up to get tickets Monday night and I'll make the most of my weekend back home.

Some of the Facebook posts on both the official and unofficial CP Facebook pages just make me chuckle and shake my head though:

If anyone can't make it to WCO let me know. I'll buy those tickets!!! haha

Given the wildcard that is the weather, I'm also in the stay-at-home camp. I'll look forward to more photos ad videos, as well as hard-hitting interviews with Adam. Specifically ones where he talks about how Valravn is his favorite ride, and is not kidding.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'll second what Maverick44 said, If anyone happens to have extra ticket(s), please send me a private message and I will buy them from you.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Add me to the list of potential buyers if you have tickets you can't use. Just sent a private message. Thanks in advance.

I'll join that list as well. Just one ticket - any time slot. PM me if you have one

https://i.imgflip.com/1l9pss.jpg

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I snagged a spot for the 10:30 tour.

Looking forward to this year's event. I went in 2016 and really enjoyed it.

I'm still hoping that Cedar Point and Tony will have mercy on some of us loyal Point Buzzers that have gone to every one of these since their lowly beginnings but couldn't snag a ticket in time for this one. I'm sure we could pay to tag along with a group and not be noticed. We are well behaved :)

Why should they? If you didn't get your tickets in time, you only have yourself to blame. We have learned from the past 2 years that tickets sell out a faster rate than before. I don't see why anyone should get special treatment because they didn't get a ticket. Just sounds like entitlement. Just be more prepared next year. You have learned from this year to get your tickets immediately after they go on sale. Anybody who goes to major concerts or other big shows know that, that usually happens in those cases as well.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Cant argue Brian's point at all. Ive been to all the events back to the PointBuzz event but I didnt stay up to get our tickets so we are missing out. I dont expect the park to open up more slots because I chose not to get them early. We all should have know the demand would be extremely high with Steel Vengeance. Ill look forward to seeing everyone reports on here.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

No, you can’t argue Brian’s point.... however, by the way I took it, Dogem Diva was saying that in the form of a joke.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

One point I can argue about what Brian said is the park should have released the tickets at noon, not midnight. Not everyone likes to stay up past midnight on a work/school day to purchase tickets to an event that historically took DAYS to sell out.

When I got up to go to work I immediately went to my computer to purchase tickets and saw the sold out notice. I thought it was a mistake and called the park later that morning and found out that the event actually was sold out. It was somewhat shocking as I don't think too many people actually anticipated the event selling out in a few hours in the early morning hours.

Going back to Brian's concert analogy, sometimes they do add some extra tickets to concerts at a later date if the event was sold out. It would be a nice gesture for CP to do so, especially to Pointbuzz members as Pointbuzz started it all.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service