Winter Chill Out 2018

Wow! Tried to buy tix at midnight, but was tired, and when they weren't on sale right away, I went to bed thinking Iwould get them this morning. Should have stayed up. To those who did- have fun!

People must be REALLY excited to see the laundry department.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I doubt it'll make anyone feel better, but I won't be attending this year either. I would have been prepared to buy at midnight, but I have a conflict that weekend. It will suck not to be able to participate this year, but we're immensely proud of how this much event has grown from our humble beginnings.

Since neither Jeff or I will be anywhere near Sandusky that day, I will probably be soliciting help in covering the event. Adam, Pete ... not asking yet, but be prepared. :)

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Well, unless I can find someone with an extra ticket they could sell me I won't be going either. It's unreal that it's sold out in a few hours, never expected that!

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Now I dont have to debate whether I want to go or not, That was easy. Plenty of fun still to be had come may.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Have a blast for all who are able to attend! And pictures, please!!

I stayed up because I was expecting it to sell out faster than prior years, but this is nuts. I am in the 8:00 am group.

I’m in the stay-at-home-where-it’s-warm group. But that was my intention.

Walt said:

I doubt it'll make anyone feel better, but I won't be attending this year either. I would have been prepared to buy at midnight, but I have a conflict that weekend. It will suck not to be able to participate this year, but we're immensely proud of how this much event has grown from our humble beginnings.

Since neither Jeff or I will be anywhere near Sandusky that day, I will probably be soliciting help in covering the event. Adam, Pete ... not asking yet, but be prepared. :)

Hopefully Walt you can get someone on the inside to do live updates for all of us who missed it and are staying at home. Id volunteer with Pete (that would be a blast) but we are all in the same "Boat" if you will.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

TTD 120mph said:

People must be REALLY excited to see the laundry department.

I worked in that department back in 2005, so I know what it's like. I'll get to see what changed since then. Maybe they have new washing machines.

And looks like everybody who got tickets were serious buyers. Fortunately, there's none being scalped on eBay.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Since the name is on the ticket, would you even be able to use a "scalped" WCO ticket?

I don't think they notice the name too much. Last year, we had one of our group (a guy) who had something that interfered with the Chill Out Day, we just brought another friend along (a girl)

She simply used his ticket so we did not waste it.

I'm sure that if re-sold tickets were to become an issue, they would pay more attention to the buyers name/user.

I purchased my tickets for the 9am group around 10 min after midnight. The site was still saying "no package found," but I put the promo code in and it worked just fine. I can't believe how quickly the tickets sold out! Some people on twitter were asking for more time slots, however I don't see how that would be possible because of the length of the tour. It's a big undertaking for the existing time slots, I couldn't imagine them adding anymore. Thank you Jeff and Walt for making this tour possible, this will be my fifth year attending!

Steel Vengeance is the ultimate hype. I'm not that surprised that it sold so quickly.

What I realized last night was that unlike WCO 2016, where the groups couldn't get close to Valravn because of construction, SV track construction is complete, so it could be very likely that the groups will be able to weave in and out of the structure.

Impressive. We were just talking last night about snagging some tickets, and assumed we could roll out of bed and get the kids off to school and....poof.

Oh well. Looks like the coverage is up to you, Adam. ;)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I was all set to buy them today. What are the possibilities of them opening up another time slot or expanding the groups?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Highly unlikely. This event takes alot of planning, space is limited and I don't think they have the resources to allow more tickets to be sold.

Brian

Bummer. Welp, now I know I have to get on at midnight next year.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I think thunder around midnight woke alot of people up and with there being a new highly anticipated ride, the demand was likely very high for the event. Depending on next year's new attraction, the demand could be more or less than this year.

Brian

Our Winter Chill Out page is available here:

https://pointbuzz.com/content/winter-chill-out-2018

As we've done in previous years, if you're going, let me know what time and I'll you to our list.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service