Winter Chill Out 2018

Some people may not be as smart as you are in figuring out the promo codes.

So they should be penalized because of Cedar Point's mistake, come on give me a break.

As for calling Tony Clark out, he was the person in charge of handling this event, therefore it always falls in the lap of the person at the top. That person at the top is responsible for making sure the task at hand went according to plan. That task did not in this case.

I don't drink coffee, most coffee has an addictive stimulant in it called caffeine, so congratulations on drinking it.

Why should I have to drink a beverage that is laced with a stimulant in it because someone at Cedar Point didn't do their job.

Let's see, the park is closed for the season currently, the one task at hand that day being overseen by Tony Clark was this WCO2018 and it did not happen as he said would happen.

Yes, he needs to be called out on it. People went to bed because they were exhausted no one knew how long it was going to take for situation to get rectified. Sorry Cedar Point and Tony Clark people have lives with jobs and kids.

Cedar Point and Tony Clark need to own up to the situation, if there were some people out there that did not get tickets for this event due to this situation, then they need to accommodate them, plain and simple.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Since you got your ticket and you're worried about others being inconvenienced, due to a issue with a 3rd party...why don't you donate your ticket to someone else?

How do you expect them to accommodate those who were inconvenienced for like 15 minutes and/or couldn't stay awake long enough? Them to send an email to the park, respond on social media that they missed out on tickets? Yeah that'd work real well...everyone and their brother would claim they missed out.

How out of touch are you?
"Why should I have to drink a beverage that is laced with a stimulant in it because someone at Cedar Point didn't do their job"

Pretty sure Tony was active and doing his job. He had the issue fixed, likely through contacting Accesso to get it fixed.

However, you must be perfect at your job especially if you expect someone to get "called out" for a minor issue that took less than 20 minutes to get fixed. Why don't you write directly to Tony and have a conversation with him and let him know how bad you think he screwed up. It's amazing how you're willing to trash him for something he may or may not have done yet I doubt you'd say it to his face or in conversation.

I have never been the biggest Tony fan...but I'd definitely not disrespect him on a public forum, especially without having all of the facts and without trying to talk to him first about my concerns.

This mentality of "the parks wrong, they should fix it," "they owe it to ___", "they inconvenienced someone they need to accommodate them," "those who didn't make the effort to buy tickets when they went on sale deserve to be accommodated," etc. is exactly why parks have started shying away from doing enthusiast events, media days, etc. I've seen first hand this attitude leading to people being banned from attending Coasterstock at Kings Island.

Last edited by chugh43,

~chugh43

Just Coasting said:

Yes, he needs to be called out on it. People went to bed because they were exhausted no one knew how long it was going to take for situation to get rectified. Sorry Cedar Point and Tony Clark people have lives with jobs and kids.

Cedar Point and Tony Clark need to own up to the situation, if there were some people out there that did not get tickets for this event due to this situation, then they need to accommodate them, plain and simple.

I think you are totally off base on that one. It wasn't much of a delay from what I've read. Mistakes happen, especially with computers, and it was fixed promptly. How would they know who tried to get tickets during the downtime anyway? It would be almost impossible to tell.

I would be very surprised if anyone working at the park actually expected the event to sell out in a few hours. The only thing I think they should do next year is put the tickets up for sale at, let's say, noon instead of midnight.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

chugh43 said:
This mentality of "the parks wrong, they should fix it," "they owe it to ___", "they inconvenienced someone they need to accommodate them," "those who didn't make the effort to buy tickets when they went on sale deserve to be accommodated," etc. is exactly why parks have started shying away from doing enthusiast events, media days, etc. I've seen first hand this attitude leading to people being banned from attending Coasterstock at Kings Island.

Your mentality that any criticism directed towards the park will result in any events taken away is so tired and inaccurate. As paying customers, especially at paid events like Coastermania, we are certainly entitled to be entertained and if we have suggestions or complaints those need to be heard. The folks at the park are employed because of us customers. They certainly shouldn’t have such thin skin as to take away paid events due to some criticism.

Unless you consider that for all the time and trouble that “paid event” is a drop in their bucket.
Remember, it used to be a free event. Something changed.

I'll take 'Something Changed' for $800 RCMAC.

What is entitled enthusiass complaining?

Is it me or do 'Coast' and 'Just Coasting' sound like the same person? It's odd they post around the same time each night.

^Coastermania was made paid because of overcrowding, I imagine. Not "bad enthusiasts." Even if all the people there were perfectly behaved, the crowding would cause similar issues, while 2016 CM was much, much better and less crowded compared to 2015.

coast said:

chugh43 said:

Your mentality that any criticism directed towards the park will result in any events taken away is so tired and inaccurate. As paying customers, especially at paid events like Coastermania, we are certainly entitled to be entertained and if we have suggestions or complaints those need to be heard. The folks at the park are employed because of us customers. They certainly shouldn’t have such thin skin as to take away paid events due to some criticism.

Yeah, that mentality just keeps "online enthusiast morals" going and silences people with legitimate criticisms (not necessary WCO, but other stuff.)

In fact, when the park does take away an event (Media Day, possibly Preview day), its just blamed on "bad enthusiasts", perpetuating that attitude, when in reality, maybe we should feel free to express (at the very least) our disappointment at taking away events which we massively enjoyed, rather than just use it as further evidence that "enthusiasts are bad and should shut up."

Instead, an environment has developed where we are encouraged just to take everything as it comes with criticism heavily discouraged. Perhaps this attitude makes parks think that we don't care? Just a thought.

Last edited by GigaG,

Why should anyone give up their ticket because of the mistake that happened. Cedar Point and Tony Clark are the people that should handle the situation, they are the people that screwed up, not anyone else.

And no, I am not perfect at my job, just like Cedar Point and Tony Clark are not perfect, as is this issue. But it is how you correct the mistake.

Tony Clark and Cedar Point have an opportunity to correct their mistake. Whenever I make mistakes, which I do, I rectify the mistake.

It is now time for Cedar Point and Tony Clark to rectify their mistake.

I don't know how saying Tony Clark should be called out and held accountable for a mistake that happened on his watch is "disrespecting Tony Clark"

I don't understand why you think I am out of touch because I don't drink coffee because it has a stimulant in it called caffeine.

Go ask any doctor and they will tell you that caffeine is not good for you, it is a stimulant.

Tony Clark knows what needs to be done, I am sure Cedar Point and Tony Clark will accommodate those that have the issue.

What you people shouldn't do, and you are doing it, is judge people and belittle them because of Tony Clark's and Cedar Point's mistake.

They have a right to be upset, if anyone is passionate about anything that they enjoy, and we all enjoy Cedar Point and what it has to offer, they should be upset.

I am no way associated with Coast, go look up my posts.

I hardly post at all.

Personally, I think WCO wasn't handled that badly. It's just getting more and more popular, they probably didn't know that was coming, and I'm sure that next year they'll fix it in some way.

My issue with "online enthusiast morals" more concerns the attitudes about Media Day and Passholder Preview, along with some other things. In many contexts, "entitled enthusiass" and the like are phrases used to silence people.

Last edited by GigaG,

Does anyone else think that Cedar Point will unveil the Steel Vengeance trains at WCO2018?

I do.

Just Coasting said:

Why should anyone give up their ticket because of the mistake that happened. Cedar Point and Tony Clark are the people that should handle the situation, they are the people that screwed up, not anyone else.

And no, I am not perfect at my job, just like Cedar Point and Tony Clark are not perfect, as is this issue. But it is how you correct the mistake.

Tony Clark and Cedar Point have an opportunity to correct their mistake. Whenever I make mistakes, which I do, I rectify the mistake.

It is now time for Cedar Point and Tony Clark to rectify their mistake.

I don't know how saying Tony Clark should be called out and held accountable for a mistake that happened on his watch is "disrespecting Tony Clark"

I don't understand why you think I am out of touch because I don't drink coffee because it has a stimulant in it called caffeine.

Go ask any doctor and they will tell you that caffeine is not good for you, it is a stimulant.

Tony Clark knows what needs to be done, I am sure Cedar Point and Tony Clark will accommodate those that have the issue.

What you people shouldn't do, and you are doing it, is judge people and belittle them because of Tony Clark's and Cedar Point's mistake.

They have a right to be upset, if anyone is passionate about anything that they enjoy, and we all enjoy Cedar Point and what it has to offer, they should be upset.

You answered my point in your first sentence. Why should Tony and Cedar Point fix it because of a mistake? You can tell me 100% that the mistake that was made was Tony? You keep ignoring the fact that Accesso is the one that hosts and deals with online ticketing. But apparently facts aren't important to you.

How exactly do you propose they fix the mistake? How is there a feasible way to show who exactly was screwed out of at ticket for 15 minutes at the beginning? Are they supposed to look in their magical ball and look into the past to see who suffered for a 15 minute issue?

He addressed the issue....he fixed the "mistake" no matter who's to blame. He apologized for it. You have your ticket...so I'm really confused why the heck it's such an issue for you. That's why I said maybe you should give your ticket to someone else if it's such a big deal to you....you apparently aren't so upset that you won't go.

You're out of touch because you took my comment of I had a 2nd cup of coffee to deal with being tired into this tangent about caffeine and then stating you shouldn't have to have a cup of coffee because they "didn't do their job." Those things don't mix at all. CLUE: THEY DID THEIR JOB. DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T GO!

You're sure they're going to accommodate those that have an issue? You sure about that? I've never seen them do that...not to mention...Tony addressed it...the event is a charity event...and those who want to pay $50 can donate to A Kid Again. There are no additional tickets and I don't quite understand how no one understands this and/or how it matters to you since you already claim to have a ticket.

We shouldn't belittle people because a "mistake that Tony Clark and Cedar Point made?" Pot...meet kettle. You shouldn't belittle Tony Clark or the park for the "mistake."

There is a difference between being upset that someone didn't get a ticket and being a drama queen about it.

~chugh43

No matter what you say, Cedar Point and Tony Clark made a mistake.

Doesn't matter if it was Tony Clark's fault, credit card processing facilities fault or the lemon chill guys fault.

They need to rectify the situation for those that were affected.

Most people drink coffee because they are tired and it has a stimulant in it to make you more alert. It is very addictive and that is why it is in coffee and soda.

Funny thing to this whole situation is that we have not heard as to the real reason why this mistaken happened. Leads me to believe that someone does not want to own up to their mistake!

Just Coasting said:

No matter what you say, Cedar Point and Tony Clark made a mistake.

Doesn't matter if it was Tony Clark's fault, credit card processing facilities fault or the lemon chill guys fault.

They need to rectify the situation for those that were affected.

Most people drink coffee because they are tired and it has a stimulant in it to make you more alert. It is very addictive and that is why it is in coffee and soda.

Funny thing to this whole situation is that we have not heard as to the real reason why this mistaken happened. Leads me to believe that someone does not want to own up to their mistake!

What exactly was their mistake? That people were able to purchase tickets throughout the night and they sold out before others purchased? The purchasing portion of the site didn't work correctly even though it's a 3rd party who takes care of it?

Yet, again you are failing to give a 100% full proof way of how they should rectify the situation. As stated numerous times, Tony acknowledged the event and apologized for it...why isn't that enough for you? Take it up with him.

Do you want a full scale report to the what went down when this "incident" occurred? It's not like someone was hurt, lost their life, etc. They don't even release their attendance numbers what makes you think they'll release a little blip on a website? If you're so interested in what happened, why don't you call the park and find out?

Anyway, back on track....I'm hoping we see the SV trains and/or a car to have our picture taken in them. When I did the 2016 event, I loved checking out the Valravn car! Hoping to see things I haven't seen yet!

~chugh43

I’m not affiliated with Just Coasting. I’m sure our IP addresses would confirm that.

In fact I actually disagree with calling out Tony for the booking snafu. I give Tony credit for responding to the problem quickly and professionally.

GigaG said:
My issue with "online enthusiast morals" more concerns the attitudes about Media Day and Passholder Preview, along with some other things. In many contexts, "entitled enthusiass" and the like are phrases used to silence people.

💯

I think the simple fact they sold out the event in record time shows they did their jobs pretty darn well..

It seems like a lot of people here have never been sold out of a movie, or a concert. Or went to buy a nintendo and it was sold out. Or went to KFC and the restaurant was out of chicken. Life is full of limited supplies and resources and sometimes you're on the outside looking in.

S**t happens and you don't always get your participation trophy. Learn to man up and move on...

There should not be this much drama due to a off season event in which no rides are open and there's only one working toilet and some hot dogs served. It's not like everyone going is gonna get to RIDE Steel Vengeance.

Entitled attitudes like the ones on display here are perfect examples of why I hated working at GL whenever we held events and why I will never join any enthusiasts club..

^There's one or two people doing the majority of the complaining. (Which, although I'm a big "complainer" sometimes, I don't think WCO was handled particularly badly; it was just a particularly popular event this year.)

That doesn't really justify painting enthusiasts as "enthusiasses." Doing so just perpetuates... you know... I don't want to make a meme of me saying "online enthusiast morals", but that article just perfectly describes some of the stuff that goes down on forums.

Someone attending WCO please inquire about a SV media day like the one for Gatekeeper. Please request access to Point Buzz members since we are the biggest fans of the park. Thank you in advance.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service