Winter Chill Out 2015

This looks great! It's almost as if they've been remodeling a midway since 2012.

On a side note, though: If CP's plans keep getting leaked (even just in the time before 2:00 today), they might stop sharing these kinds of things with us.

All of you who went out today now know why holding a winter event of any kind out on Point is a pain.

This was the lowest wind and warmest day out there in weeks.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Finally got checked it at 5:00 o'clock.

Sounds like every hotel in Vegas. :) Really, though, there's only so much you can do when everyone shows up at the same time.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Let's clear up a few things. Dodge-Um was moved to the location of the existing kids bumper cars. That structure was temporarily moved to in front of the Big Wheel, it will be moved over to the Kids area between the basket ball and the Fry stand. Sir Rub-a-dub-tubs has been removed (not to be placed elsewhere) in order to provide the room necessary for the larger Dodge-Um structure. Turnpike cars is gone for good.

Sure frees up a pile of land.

Great time today. CP went all out as usual and the park was beautiful with all the snow.

Great Job Kristy! (I hear this was her event) Of course Tony was a great host and Jason was very entertaining.

Oh and the new Sweet Shop is on the main midway where Earth Quake used to be (I think that was the building - it was pretty tore up) If it wasn't the Earth Quake building it was right next to it.

Oh- I see my spell check works now - thanks Jeff!

Last edited by 45Wheelgun,

Cedar Point guest since 1974

I would love to see an overhead shot of all the land that will now be free.

PyroKinesis09 said:

I would love to see an overhead shot of all the land that will now be free.

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/dive-coaster-coming-to-cedar-point/18#532894

I read on another site that the park made an Outlaw Run (RMC) reference during the presentation... why has nobody mentioned this!?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I forgot about that. Possible future conversion of Mean Streak? I remember our tour guide saying that's a very expensive process, almost the cost of building an entirely new coaster from scratch.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Because it was not important. It was a slide in the show that was on screen for a second. Compare to Walt's "wrong slide" a few years ago.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

In the 8:30 group, there was a slide of a piece of wooden coaster track. What was that?

I have a couple of questions for those that were there.

Dodgem- does the new building seem to be the same size as the previous one? And I guess I'd like to know if it appears that the ride is actually being moved as is or are they starting a new-build from scratch?

Calypso- was it, or part of it, present in its new location? Or is it in the shop for the off season being prepared for its transition to Tiki Twirl? I'm a little surprised that the ride will sit in front of Wicked Twister instead of Chaos' old spot in place of 3 Point Challenge. But 3 Point is a money maker while Calypso is not.

The picture posted of the WT midway refresh is interesting, and if it's accurate I'm glad for a few things. First, and this may seem small, but the Dodgem sign is moving along with the ride. The placement, facing up the midway is a little strange, however. You'd think it would be on the side of the building facing out. But it may be artistic license to illustrate the name of the new ride.
I'm also glad for Tiki Twirl and I'm tickled to think its the second time an old Calypso that's seen better days has made this transformation. I prefer to imagine it's Cedar Point's nod to the past. (rather than pure laziness)

I'm sad that Turnpike is leaving forever. I'm not sure why, I've been too big for that ride for years. One thing I've always loved, though, was looking through the fence from the road and seeing the Turnpike cars puttering by. I loved it when I lived in the Cedars and I still enjoy that view as I drive back to Soak City or the hotel. I guess it's coming clear that quite a large area is clearing to make the way for something. I wonder if Cadillacs will suffer the same fate by the time '16 rolls around.
And from the aerial view it's really apparent how tree filled that area is. Knowing the amount of construction that may be taking place there makes me nervous for their future as well.

One last thing. Can it be that during the presentations they threw you guys "accidental" mystery hints about things to keep you talking? You know they like to mess with the fans.
I dont know who your guides were, but the one that said RMC makeovers are almost as expensive as a new coaster must not be considering that in the end the park gets a new coaster... Right?...
That sounds like an intentional fake answer to me, and not a very good one. If that person knows anything at all.

Thanks to all for the reports and information. Did they say when additional official announcements are coming? Or are they?

Last edited by RCMAC,

I also have a question about the new Dodgem building. Did they mention whether it would be an open layout like before or a layout around a circle? I strongly dislike Dodgems that require you to go around in a circle. It's one of the great things about Cedar Point's version.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

The Wife & I had a great time! Thank you to C.P. for putting on a great Fund raising Event! We are glad to see all of the Monies go to a amazing charity. For some more clarity:

1. Big Dogem is the original structure which...
  2. It will not be round!

Thank You Karen for being our Tour Guide! She has a heck of a set of lungs - by her scream demonstration!

and Ken the Safety Man! aka Ed, was a hoot! He also provided some great info. This was our first, but not last year! It was so cool my wife was able to meet people who are more fanatical about knowledge of rides & statistics than I am!

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

Maverick00 said:

I always have a question about the new Dodgem building. Did they mention whether it would be an open layout like before or a layout around a circle? I strongly dislike Dodgems that require you to go around in a circle. It's one of the great things about Cedar Point's version.

What would make you think it is going to be changed to a circular layout?

What's meant by the question is not the shape of the building or the floor, but will the riders be free, as before, to move the cars about in any direction and not in a "one way only" counter-clockwise direction. He notes he prefers the helter-skelter ride over any required circular path.

He's obviously never been to Knoebels.

Last edited by RCMAC,

As Walt found out, (if you were in Tim's group, you know what i'm talking about), Dodgems will be the same size.

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

I didn't want to start a new topic, or bring up an old one, but I wanted to say that on the park website, it says that Rougarou will be Fast Lane Plus. Also, Jason also added that Season Passholders will be able to purchase Fast Lane Plus for the Price of Regular Fast Lane.

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

So, forgive me if I missed an explanation about this one but:

"Season Pass Holder preview night, Friday May 8th"

Since Dodgem and Calypso will be moved, it would be awesome to see both of them get an LED light package.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service