Winter Chill Out 2015

Where can I get information and tickets?

On Cedar Point's website.

In January.

Which is when their website tells us to check back for details.

It took me less than five seconds to Google that, by the way.

@noggin

There's no need to be snarky. I can Google things as well, but I come to this website to find out what others know. Much of the time, the veterans around here have information that Google (or in this case, Cedar Point's website) isn't able to provide. Don't be THAT guy.

I think the snark is justified. Seriously, no one wants to do the work themselves anymore, and people ask the same questions over and over again.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Not to try and turn this thread into something it isn't, but it seems as though it was a legitimate thread for beginning discussion on the Winter Chill Out, if nothing else.

Maybe the people who are new here haven't read through all the years of threads, and since there's not a regularly updated topical FAQ, you can't blame someone for jumping into the community and trying to hang out. You also certainly can't blame them for abandoning the community as well if the responses are going to be snarky and insulting.

It seems simpler to me that if you're sick of people asking questions you don't want to answer that you could not answer. This has the added benefit of a) saving you FIVE WHOLE SECONDS from getting the answer and b) allowing someone who might be newer (and not sick of these threads, I guess?) the ability to contribute to helping out and letting both the asker and the responder feel better about themselves.

But I'm not in charge around here. Just making observations about how to make the place less unfriendly.

I just don't understand the thought process.

On the one hand: typing four words into a search engine and clicking through to the company's web page about the event.

On the other hand: going to this website, starting a new topic, typing in seven words, then waiting for a response from someone(s) who or may not be known to you, who may or may not know what they're talking about.

Any information about the event isn't going to be "official" until the park announces it.

Last edited by noggin,

That last part I especially don't get. I've seen it countless times over things that the park obviously will announce and promote heavily, with no danger of anyone not getting the information, as if only a bunch of nerds on a fan site like this one will be in-the-know.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

As luck would have it, I'm actually working on a page that will contain event information and announcements, such as CoasterMania 2015 will require registration in advance. Then, if someone does Google for the answer, hopefully the top result will bring them to our helpful page. Because, right now ... turns out ... the first Cedar Point related result on Google when you search "winter chill out 2015" is this thread that says go check Google. :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Wow , what a tough crowd. I did in fact Google it and it pointed me to this site. I found a lot of coverage about last years Chill Out but very little about the 2015 event.
So , when you are seeking answers , ask the people who most likely could provide that answer. I did ask and I got my answer along with a large dose of attitude from what appears to be the smartest person in the room.

Jeff, I've never understood why you get after people about posting stuff like this. If I owned the site, I'd love posts like this, for the reasons Walt mentioned, namely, traffic driven to the site. It's about revenue, right?

It's not like the overall quality of user posts on this site is such that threads like this take it down a notch? I mean, we're not making medical breakthroughs or solving world problems.

There is nothing to tell. How does anyone logically conclude that we wouldn't be propagating the information in big letters on the front page if there was information to share? It's worse when it comes as a first post. It says, "I have nothing invested in the community, and I'll never post again after getting my answer."

I wasn't aware that people had to establish themselves and invest in the community before asking a (not common) question around here.

I clicked on this thread excited to see an update for the event, instead I see "those who have invested in the community" crapping all over a newbie. Thanks for salvaging the class with your post Walt.

I think the responses gave the OP a bad impression of this site. The responses didn't sound very welcoming. If I got responses like that on my first post here, I probably wouldn't come back. I've been here long enough to know that there is alot of arrogance, jackassery and stupid people here.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I'm just ganna go back and say this is Jeff's page and he's one of the people sinking money and resources into keeping this going. He does what he wants, and noone can tell him how not to act or what do do.

Some people can be snappy on here, especially after the off season. However, most people here want people to do their own digging or at least have some bit of knowledge before coming in & saying, hey, when is it, and that's it. It's a bit rude, but honestly for those of you who have been here, some even much longer than I have, it's the way this site runs.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

True, but it's mostly the others that are the problem. The OP was expecting an answer and was told that the info could've been found on Google. Not a good first impression. The question was never asked here before and there isn't much info about it other than the date it will be. The OP probably asked by chance that someone here would know.

Brian

Oh boy, it's obviously the off season....

First post: "Help me!"
Reply: "Here's the answer. Next time help yourself."
Someone else: "You're mean!"
Me: "Seriously, the Internet isn't that hard."
Another voice: "You're mean!"

Seriously, it's the second result:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Acedarpoint.com+winter+chill+out

Marving said:

...I did in fact Google it and it pointed me to this site. I found a lot of coverage about last years Chill Out but very little about the 2015 event.
So, when you are seeking answers, ask the people who most likely could provide that answer. I did ask and I got my answer along with a large dose of attitude from what appears to be the smartest person in the room.

Maybe it's the ASD, maybe it's because I'm so very old... but I just don't understand.

If you Googled Cedar Point Chill Out 2015, why would you not click through to the park's website? The people who most likely could provide the answer are the people who work for Cedar Point.

If a client called me and asked how to do something in their websites backend and I gave them a response like "I'll tell you this time, but next time use Google", I'm pretty sure that would come off to them as rude, they would get upset and take their business elsewhere.

I'm just stating my opinion. I'm ASD just like noggin but my opinion on this is completely opposite.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

But -- to me -- there's a difference between working with someone who's paying you and responding to someone on a fan website who's making more work for themselves to get the answer they're seeking.

If Marving had come along and said 'Wow, Blue Streak is a really cool coaster, can anyone tell me more about it' or 'I keep hearing people talking about Jungle Larry, what are they talking about' -- sure. I get coming to a community like Pointbuzz and asking questions. The folks here have a wealth of knowledge about the park.

But asking about information and tickets for an event the park hasn't released information for -- I'm sorry, but I just don't get that.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service