Winter Chill Out 2015

My assumption would be that (s)he came here assuming that someone here might know more info about the event. And the OP is paying this site in the form of ad revenue. I wouldn't know how much each visit generates unless I see statistics, but a bad first impression may not be good in the long run. I first came here about a year and a half ago and asked a question, I got my answer and liked it here so I stayed and kept coming back. I'm sure I contributed a good deal as far as ad revenue. I even disable AdBlock Plus for this site.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I came to this site for the OCD speculation, I stay for the snark. :S

NWLB
@NWLB, +NathanBoyle, NathanVerse.com

Marving said:

Wow , what a tough crowd.

Yea, you got a post on here with trepidation.

Anyway, welcome!!

Logically, you can only assume that people here on this site would at the most know exactly what was released by the park and no more. Outside of the annual "markings on the concrete" information that is not usually released by the park, if you want the most complete information available on Cedar Point, go to their website. Then come back here and discuss what you learned. I never understood why people come to a fan site with questions best answered by Cedar Point themselves, whether it's on their website or actually picking up the phone and calling someone at the park.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^^Exactly.

Thread the Needle?

The thing I'll never wrap my head around is when people get legitimately upset at a snarky comments. Last time I checked, this is the internet. I can't speak for noggin but it's not like he's wishing ill will to Marving for asking. It may not have been the most eloquent way to motivate someone to attempt finding information on their own, but the core message is still there. And it's not as negative a message as some are making it out to be. Plus, I would have had more of an issue with a simple "Go find it yourself" reply. Noggin gave the answer with an added pointer for finding out future info. Elequent? no. Was there still an answer to the question? Yes

I'm, by no means, saying this with any negative intention but sometimes you just have take things in stride. You're going to find helpful information here.....sometimes in a manner you might find distasteful. So instead of getting in a tizzy every time someone's tone isn't what you consider to be appropriate, take a moment to reassess what you're going to type. One persons attitude is not the collective here.

Perhaps.....JUST perhaps, if people stopped getting caught up in how every person (veteran posters or whoever) acts around here, we wouldn't get caught up in these pointless arguments that take away from the topic being discussed. If you honestly don't like the attitude of someone's answer, be the better person and stick to what you think constitutes a positive reply. Stop trying to be play the victim card and imply that posters are, somehow, being bullies (especially to the owner of the site) .

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It's amazing that nobody before has solved the internets as well as you have. Someone call Al Gore.

I won't deny it: there was some snark in my initial response.

But I just do not understand why someone, given the opportunity to visit the corporate website or a fan website, would choose the fan website.

If the company has not released information about the event and about ticket prices, then no one on a fan site is going to have that information. Anyone who claims to have that information is a) speculating or b) endangering their job.

Snark might make the top word list for 2014, or at least on here anyways.

TTD 120mph said:

Stop trying to be the attitude police

I would like to nominate this post for "Most Hypocritcal Post of 2014"

Is the word "smarmy" also useable in this topic? :-)

Frito Joe

At the Great Ohio Coaster Club Holiday Party last Saturday, Tony announced preliminary information on Winter Chill Out.

Winter Chill Out, benefiting Give Kids the World, will take place on February 21st, 2014. The 28th is being held as a weather day. More details to follow later. Tickets for the event are $45 per person. Anyone may participate in this event. You do not need to be a member of a coaster club.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Huh. Turns out somebody here DOES know...

Actually Walt and I have known that for awhile, but there's little point in sharing until you can actually sign up. The park is taking the awesome step of doing everything and writing the check to GKTW, so the only thing we need to do is promote it and help the day of the event. No Eventbrite fees either.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

We posted it on our Facebook page last week. Doesn't everyone follow us on Facebook? :)

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

noggin said:

If the company has not released information about the event and about ticket prices, then no one on a fan site is going to have that information. Anyone who claims to have that information is a) speculating or b) endangering their job.

Clearly Jason Hammond is either speculating or endangering his job. Either way, information on Pointbuzz is currently greater than that on CP's official website. That's kinda funny. These notes here seem to imply this site is nothing more than some place to speculate on things that come down from the official site.

Jason Hammond is coaster club president that just had an event that the park attended and let know information that has already been available by other coaster clubs/media avenues. Cedar Point has also let some details out and with more information available (and registration I'd guess) in January.

So...no I don't think Mr. Hammond is at risk of losing a job. Plus, honestly, he's not one for speculation here lets be honest :)

Relax..you have about 20 days or so until the new year, probably some details shortly after, and then y'all get to see the park in the cold and snow here like the rest of us shortly and see how much we collectively donate to GKTW which is the most important part of the event.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

thedevariouseffect said:

Jason Hammond is coaster club president that just had an event that the park attended and let know information that has already been available by other coaster clubs/media avenues. Cedar Point has also let some details out and with more information available (and registration I'd guess) in January.

So...no I don't think Mr. Hammond is at risk of losing a job. Plus, honestly, he's not one for speculation here lets be honest :)

That and, as Walt pointed it out, it's already on the PointBuzz Facebook page. That's representatives of two out of six officially recognized coaster clubs that have confirmed information about this event. Oh, and the only thing not listed on Cedar Point's website is the cost at $45. Since that last bit of info (the price) was released to the public at a GOCC event, unless it was accompanied by a stern warning to hush up about it, it's public info. No need to accuse anyone of wrongdoing here.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Scottyf said:

noggin said:

Clearly Jason Hammond is either speculating or endangering his job. Either way, information on Pointbuzz is currently greater than that on CP's official website. That's kinda funny. These notes here seem to imply this site is nothing more than some place to speculate on things that come down from the official site.

Don't worry. I picked up on the sarcasm you used here, and I appreciated it, unlike the posters directly above me. :X

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service