Winter Chill Out 2015

I'd like to know what the exact words said were, because if it was something along the lines of "We'll be replacing it with another venue," that doesn't mean a venue in that same spot. It just means they'll build another venue so there isn't a net loss of total venues.

If they make improvements to Celebration Plaza, it could be used for more than Luminosity and be used at all times of the day.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I agree that the foot traffic around Celebration Plaza during Luminosity is bad. A small increase in size will help a lot.

Pete said:

RCMAC said:
My observation through the years is that there isn't all that much traffic between the marina and the park. People like to park their boats there, but they don't go in that often, if at all.

Well, I suppose, now, it may be true. Perhaps I was hardening back to the days before season passes and meals plans were hot.

Here's what I've noticed about the admissions total. If I've ever renewed my season pass its one grand total including both or as many years. So when I walk in for the first time in the spring it seems like I've already scored many visits.
Can the gate attendant advise me otherwise?

At least on my pier, the seasonal dockers go into the park quite often, if for no other reason than to get their meal plan food. I had 57 admissions last year and my dock neighbor had 56. The gate is an important point of access for marina customers.

If you want to find out how many admissions you had, ask the worker at the gate. They can easily access the computer for that information.

The slide was not a tease, it was a joke. There is a difference.

As for the new Dodgem building, it will not merely be the same size as the old Dodgem building, it will, in fact, *be* the old Dodgem building. The building was cut from its foundation, the roof, decorative panels and flash were removed, and the pavilion was lifted in one piece and moved to its new location across from maXair and the Giant Wheel. To make room for it, the kiddie bumper car building was also lifted and moved and is actually covering part of the Giant Wheel queue at the moment. Once the site of the Gazebo joint is prepared, the kiddie bumper car building will be lifted again and moved to its new home.

Cedar Point has access to specialized equipment (like cranes, forklifts and other equipment) that allows them to do these kinds of things that most of us would never even consider. It was pointed out to me today that they are doing something similar with the new picnic pavilions: it appears that they are building them on the ground as clear-span roofs, then lifting the entire pavilion roof and building the supports below, then lowering the roof onto the support structure.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Hey, if engineers can come up with ways to move entire houses, they can surely move a relatively simple Dodgem structure. Very neat to hear how they did it, RideMan. :)

Yes, thank you, Dave. I'm glad to hear everything old is new again with the Dodgem.

Dave is a really cool guy. I had the privilege of meeting him yesterday and he even ate lunch with me and Shawn. He even pointed out the magnetic brake devices on the Rougarou train. His ride knowledge is amazing.

Brian

GDdashROM. I heard it the same way. Tony said, "We'll be replacing it with another venue." No other information was given.

Someone asked about the stadium and Jason said it was staying and All Wheels Extreme was returning as it was the most popular show at CP.

RCMAC said:

Here's what I've noticed about the admissions total. If I've ever renewed my season pass its one grand total including both or as many years. So when I walk in for the first time in the spring it seems like I've already scored many visits.
Can the gate attendant advise me otherwise?

The number of admissions shows up on the screen when you scan the pass, it is for the current season only.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Nope.
On opening day it gives me this year's visit plus last year's as well. This only happens when I renew and use the same card.
I'm Platinum pass and the same thing happens when I visit KI, which is first. It's a different number, counting only my KI visits, but higher than one.

It doesn't matter to me, really, I just have a hard time keeping track of how many times I've gone.

Ok, didn't know that. The passes I get with my dock are always on a new card, so that's why it always starts at zero.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Couple of notes:

In the 1045 group someone asked about the red dorms and Mr. Mclure (sp?) said they will be there for the duration of the year

Our tour guide had an interesting note about Rougarou. Said one of the modifications that had to be made was the handrails on the lift hill. Since the Rou cars are wider then the Mantis cars the handrails had to be torn out and expanded to accommodate the cars.

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

Burky, was Joel your guide? Because he said that in my group.

Brian

I can't think of many (if any) close call moments on Mantis. With the new wider Rougarou trains, I wonder if they'll do a pull through to make sure everything is still good. All I can really think of is when the train does the turn very close to the ground.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Burky said:

Our tour guide had an interesting note about Rougarou. Said one of the modifications that had to be made was the handrails on the lift hill. Since the Rou cars are wider then the Mantis cars the handrails had to be torn out and expanded to accommodate the cars.

I seem to remember in one of the Rougarou Files it was mentioned that the station and catwalk along the lift were being widened due to the increased width of the trains.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

The biggest surprise of the day for me was the discovery of parts from Millennium Force's green train.

http://tinyurl.com/MFgreenpanel

Is that just an Easter Egg left out for us, or have they really started pulling the green train out of the lake?

Richie A.

I knew it!!11oneone ;)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Yes Thabto I was in your group. My daughter and I. Had a Browns coat on and my daughter had and Indians coat on.

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

I don't remember you, but I had a red coat. I kept brushing my pants to get the snow off. If you were on the bus with me going to lunch, I was the guy standing holding the rail.

Brian

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service