Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Yeah, I'm sure your interest in the gruesome details of the accident are purely based on your desire to uphold LAW and ORDER. Yes, that's definitely it. Obviously.

Brandon

djDaemon:

LAW and ORDER

bum bum

In the rollercoaster justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The professionals who investigate ride accidents and the crazy enthusiasts who defend the offenders. These are their stories.

djDaemon:

Yeah, I'm sure your interest in the gruesome details of the accident are purely based on your desire to uphold LAW and ORDER. Yes, that's definitely it. Obviously.

Can you cite the part of the Ohio Supreme Court ruling that talks about intentions behind a public records request being grounds to ignore it?

This CP bootlicking is out of control. Cedar Point deserves to be sued.

🙄

They are being sued right? Like I'm pretty sure this is still an ongoing case (Unless they already settled which I'm sure they will)

Right now (11:57) Wild Mouse is not currently running. While I can't know the specific reason it isn't operating right now, this is destroying my faith that Zamperla can handle the dragster project. An out-of-the-box wild mouse coaster should work with no problem. And CP is going to trust them with this big project? ok.

argues just for clicks

I love how anyone who tries to interject critical thinking or logic is instantly transformed into a "___________ bootlicker". Y'all love to throw that term around. Jesus.

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

TT2 laps - 4

High Flyer:

Can you cite the part of the Ohio Supreme Court ruling that talks about intentions behind a public records request being grounds to ignore it?

This is nonsensical, to put it nicely. I did not suggest the courts should ignore Hard Cop-, er, the Register's intent in the public records case. That's for the courts to sort out.

I'm pointing out that Plague's "LAW and ORDER" assertion is transparent to the point of being embarrassing. The report is comprehensive, and as others have pointed out it contains all of the relevant information regarding the events surrounding the incident with the ride.

But it apparently doesn't contain enough gruesome detail of the outcome the victim suffered, so that's apparently not good enough for some people.

As for me being a "bootlicking" comment? Get right the hell out of here with that nonsense. Troll elsewhere.

Brandon

Frog Hopper King:

this is destroying my faith that Zamperla can handle the dragster project.

The few times I've checked in, it's been running.

But more importantly, do we need to relitigate how frequently Intamin's rides didn't open with the park, and/or had exceptional downtime during their inaugural seasons? Their flume ride - not exactly a new product category - got ripped out after 5 seasons because it was such a disaster.

Brandon

I just know that I’ll be ticked pink if Intamin is in fact the company redoing Dragster after reading the last few pages of this thread.

CP Alum ‘06-‘10

Oh, Frog Hopper King. When Walmart is out of Mountain Dew does that destroy your faith in Walmart’s ability to provide groceries now and forever in the future?
Wild Mouse is a brand new ride. We know without a doubt that it’s the first of its kind for Cedar Fair and I believe it’s the first in the U.S. It’s been open to the public a total of 5 days now. And downtime is occasional, perhaps even frequent, which I can attest to from my visit on Monday. I can also say that downtime didn’t last more than 5-10 minutes any time I witnessed it. A reset, followed by some empty cycles and it was back up and running.
I spoke to other park visitors who claimed they couldn’t get a ride because it was “always broken”. I got two rides because when I walked by it was “always running”. Regardless- So far I’m willing to stack this out-of-the-box ride’s record against TTD’s first season. Or it’s second. Or third.
Now, to be clear, I’m not trying to say I’m in one camp or another, Intamin or Zamp. Or Mack or whosoever. In fact I’m willing to wait a while longer before I put my money down anywhere. I enjoy observing progress but if anyone here catches me with a definite prediction let me know right away. I think these things are best left to the YouTubers and the thoosies who are arguing just for clicks.

Do you think there is a difference between a roller coaster that is using new technology not working 100% of the time, and a out of the box coaster not working?

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

NextGen89:

Mack was doing the project.

After looking at their launch coaster train and seat design I would 1000% down for them to do the ride!

Cedar Pointer:

Do you think there is a difference between a roller coaster that is using new technology not working 100% of the time, and an out of the box coaster not working?

Are you asking me? Wild Mouse is working. I rode it. Twice. But, I’m not surprised if any new ride experiences down time, and what I’m trying to convey is TTD had more than its share. Even after the technology wasn’t exactly new. When you say “not working 100% of the time” I’m going to take that literally and agree. There have been entire seasons worth of time that it wasn’t available.

CPVet:

I just know that I’ll be ticked pink if Intamin is in fact the company redoing Dragster after reading the last few pages of this thread.

I think it's important to point out that I don't see many people stating unequivocally that Intamin will not be involved. Rather, myself and others have pushed back on suggestions that Intamin will be involved based the so-called reasoning behind those suggestions - Intamin is world class, Wild Mouse has had downtime, etc. These are not strong arguments, and Intamin ultimately being involved won't change the fact that these are not good arguments. It would be like stating that it will rain tomorrow because you had chicken soup for lunch. I mean, yeah, it may rain tomorrow, but it sure as heck won't have anything to do with your lunch choice.

But by all means, enjoy your "victory lap" or whatever if Intamin does happen to be the one doing this project.

Brandon

djDaemon:

But it apparently doesn't contain enough gruesome detail of the outcome the victim suffered, so that's apparently not good enough for some people.

Total straw man argument. Nobody said or even remotely implied that there is a desire for gruesome victim suffering details. Lol.

Tell me how them boots taste! I'd ask directly, but I don't have a lawyer. I'll just wait several months for the Ohio Department of Agriculture to release something.

Sit tight fellas ;)

What information could you possibly need that is not contained in the report?

Brandon

I'm not sure the Ag department is releasing anything else tbh. They've finalized their report and everyone is moving forward accordingly.

I think you're forgetting that months passed between the accident, and the release of the Agriculture report. During that time, the only information from the park was a four sentence statement from Tony Clark.

The purpose of ODA's investigation was not to determine the cause of the accident, but to determine if Cedar Point broke any laws that day. Cool, now that we know that the Agriculture report found “insufficient evidence to find...Cedar Fair ....violated any of the laws” can we get some real information or statements from the park itself?

Thats great that the government wanted to see if there was a violation or not. But we're talking about the single largest incident at Cedar Point ever! We have a few statements from the park ,about 7 sentences total, thats it! A park spokesman declined to state if a cause of accident has been determined.

Since you asked what information I could possibly like to know about the incident, as a person who was at the park the day after the incident (august 16th 2021) with my small children is as follows.

After Cedar Point has had a chance to review the ODA report, and after a promised close review the substance of ODA’s report...

• has a cause of accident been determined? If so, will you share details?
  • what changes to protocols or processes will be made (if any) to ensure that an incident like this doesn't happen again?
  • the Agriculture report determined no laws were broken, but were any internal cedar point processes or procedures broken in the days leading up to the incident?
  • do you think the abbreviated maintenance overhaul procedure (instead of full), contributed to this incident?
  • did any cedar point employees lose their job because of this incident?

I mean, you may be good reading just the Agriculture report. But dude, come on! Them boots don't taste that good!

Sit tight fellas ;)

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service