The Name of 2003

Personally I like "The Middle Finger"
yes the "middle" finger lets every one know you are number one and gets ur point across quite fine

------------------
=w=

CoastaPlaya said:

I say name the coaster BOING.

I like it... it could mean the air you'll get at the top or somebody may actually be excited about this ride. :)

------------------
Without upstops, airtime would have a whole new meaning!

*** This post was edited by Chaindog 11/1/2002 8:42:54 AM ***

AdrenalinebobCrappants said:
and exactly how much do you read the Bible anyway?i read 2 chap a day, and a devotion and fast once a week. yeah.

What...is that supposed to make me think you're special or something? The word Banshee still isn't in the Bible...no matter how much you read it.

------------------
Launch: Tophat: Twistage: Brakes...

...Denial is an ugly thing.

A B C P use to be a Bible Scholar now he is a coaster expert
ABCP,

Please read scriptures FOR insight, not WITH assumed insight. For the record, banshee does not appear in any of the following translations (which account for likely 99% of English translations): KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, NLT, ESV, CEV, 21st CKJV, ASV, WEV, YLT, Amplified, or even Philips or Darby.

A banshee in reality is from Gaelic folklore, from the Irish bean sĂ­dhe meaning 'a woman of fairyland'. So if anyone were to complain about the use of the word, it would either have been pseudo-christian church groups without real understanding of Christianity, or (much more likely) superstitious pagan spiritualists given to tossing salt and knocking on wood.

In the end, Banshee works for me, but I think we'll all be happy when they incorporate Redline into the name.

I really *hate* when people say things are in the Bible that really aren't there. If you know it's there, give chap and verse, if you cant, buy a concordance or admit that you only *think* it's in there. But in the case of Banshee, as noted above, "It just aint there!"

As for "naming rights" redline is cool. But, if indeed it is to be racing themed. I'd go for "Top Fuel", "Funny Car", "Xplosive" (and can even use the Snoop/Eastsidaz song as theme music)

But I think CP should seriously look into the name BIG BERTHA!

I'm for BATTACP....or Big @$$ Tall Thing at Cedar Point.

------------------
"Life is like a roller coaster;enjoy it."
Magnum rides: 23 Wicked Twists:7 MF Rides: 16

Hello from Lake Charles, Lousiana.

I don't know what the name will be, but my source at CP said he didn't think it was a very good name.

hey guess what.... i dont know what its gonna be called.
There has to be a million forums dedicated to the bible. Why don't you guys go argue this out in one of them ? Who the hell cares? (Oops, is hell in the bible?)
That has not be metioned since the 1st calm down
Man, I bet ABCP feels like a horses patute about now. "i read 2 chap a day, and a devotion and fast once a week", well LODDY FREAKIN DA. I got news for ya, you keep readin two chapters a day and fasting and you aint going to amount to JACK SQUAT. Here's a little story. There once was a guy who read a lot from the bible. He thought he was more important than other people. He talked to people like they were stupid. Then people showed him that he was stupid. Then he ended up LIVIN IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER! Hey guys, I don't have my glasses on real well, is that jesus over there? ABCP I think we'd all appreciate if you'd just SHUT YOUR BIG YAPPER!

Comedy provided by the late and great Chris Farley.

Peace I'm Out

hey let adrenaline bob go would ya? for the love of God(N.P.I.) its true that banshee was protested by the church bc, well, im not exactly sure(that means im too lazy to find out...) but heres the link

http://www.coasterforce.com/unbuilt.htm

and btw, hell is defintely in the bible, and "hell blaster" sounds cool to me!
That link did not mention Manits or Banshee
Ummm... Yeah it does

------------------
Superman: Ride Of Steel-
almost as good as Millennium Force

Oh I see it down the page more my bad for trying to work and surf at the same time. At Least I have been remembering to turn off my Caps lock today
New name idea just entered my head. Top Fuel or The 1/4 mile
That article cites protests from 'religous groups'. How does this automatically translate to 'christian churches' or even 'churches'?

If a ride were to be named, say, 'Shaman's Whatever,' and American Indian groups protested on religous grounds, would christian churches be blamed years later when the real story turned into simply 'religous groups protested'?

My point here is that very few people really know what happened during the final days of Banshee. And the few that know apparently aren't talking. The reasons that CP gave for scrapping all of the marketing materials for Banshee (although the artwork did resurface over at Dorney Park for Steel Force) always seemed kind of vague and unconvincing to me. Maybe this was just a result of some sort of polling that CP did. You know this was at the height of the Clinton 'don't do anything without a poll' era, maybe we can blame it on him!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service