RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

I hope the 3rd lap is a magic carpet with tons of air. But if it is not, the ride is clearly going to be awesome no matter what is in final lap.

No , I do not know. But having looked very closely at what the old structure does and inferring what the new structure has already established , I am putting out my thoughts as apposed to arguing about grammer and other less interesting things to discuss under this title heading in hopes that the chat is directed into interesting speculation. Frankly I am confused that the guy doing the best video updates still is saying there is a Helix under there. If you look at at 2:30 in this pov, the old track reaches its top height between hills 2 and 3, which is well above the new dip on lap one. I think there is gonna be something very cool here. I will also add having watched this over and over the old third lap was a total yawn. All I can do is speculate from here 1500 miles away.

Last edited by jo linn,

I will be at the park tomorrow to give updates. The third lap is well underway. Lots of track was placed the last time I went up.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Chrismiller443 said:

Sigh. This is not English class. It was just rude for you to say.

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/spelling-grammar-and-chat-shorthand

Key quote from Walt: "While this is not English class, it is extremely difficult to read posts that are full of shorthand, misspelled words, and sentences that run together."

I don't think asking for coherent posts is asking for too much.

Last edited by TTD6262,

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

I'm probably going to steer clear of this site (among other coaster enthusiast sites) starting when the sneak peek is shown to the contest winners and ending when the ride is actually announced to the public. I don't want to hear about anything that hasn't already been seen anyway with all of the construction that's occurred.

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

Has anybody said when the sneak peek will happen? I'm not sure what you're trying to avoid knowing or why, but don't worry, it will be probably all of a day's time if not less. I reckon you'll have no trouble finding something to keep yourself occupied during that brief period.
You can always call me. If I'm there I plan to not tell anyone what I saw, anyway.
:)

My guess is the preview will be on Saturday or Sunday before the official announcement. The weekend is the best time for them to invite 50 random people to the park and expect them to show up.

Chrismiller443 said:

So has anyone been to the park in the last 2 days? Any new pictures of RMC Mean Streak?

Here you go! Just visited the park and got these online! Enjoy :)

http://www.cprundown.com/blog/283-rmc-construction-update-7-7-29-17

Last edited by Ohiocoasterman18,

First rollback on Dragster July 23 2003 since then 15

^ Superb photos!

So is that orange contraption in your pics actually on the tracks checking clearance?

Side note, the contest said "days before anyone else". So I assume it will be less than a week before.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

While we are at English class look up incoherent. His posts are far from the definition. Yay first world problems!

Anyway this ride is something else, I have a feeling I'll be keeping my arms down for the first few laps on this monster. Maybe even more, it took me 10 years before I would keep them up on Gemini.

I like my hands/arms! ;)

I've never tried but it was amazing to see how close it seemed on ms to where you could probably reach out and touch the wooden structure beside the train. Ouch!

First ride; Magnum 1994

Final predictions? I'm going 220' high and just over 6000' long. I'll guess 75mph and 5 inversions.

I'll go 210, 5250, 78' mph, and 4 inversions.

I'm going to say 212 feet high, 6150 feet long, 77 mph and 91 degree drop with 5 inversions.

Last edited by Final Force 505,

I am going with 225 feet tall, 7,000 feet of track, 88 mph, and 7 inversions! You aren't going to be able to tame this thing. It will be the Beast on Steriods! CP is going for the record!!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

Pretty much confirmed that the entrance is being relocated. I can't tell what angle that last picture is taken. Wherever that is seems like the new entrance

My final predictions are:
Height- 207'
Length- 6120'
Inversions- 5

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I would love to see this coaster smash every record, but I think we are going to come up a little short when it comes to length. The beast is 7,359 feet which is the longest wooden coaster in the world. The second longest is The Voyage at 6,442. I think this monstrous RMC coaster will fall around upper 5,000's and lower 6,000's.

That's great, but it's not a wooden coaster anymore.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service