PaddleWheel 2005 whats your fav. Joke?

I didnt get the priviledge of attending big bash 2005... I was in Michigan with my baby (no not an actual baby- my boyfriend Josh who is close enough). I miss him like WHOA...

Rick you rock... and no you can not have my babies... Lol.. that was in my profile for awhile!

BTW... I think this thread has gotten off topic!!!!!! But it's the only one i read so i suppose thats okay... i have cut myself off from most CP gossip and reminisencing....

*Captain Jen*

07- TL Top Thrill Dragster
06- TL Antiques + Waveswinger
05- ATL Paddlewheel Excursions
04- Red Tag on Paddlewheel Excursions

Awwww!! thanks darling! Rick!!! hey hun and yes Nick always found a way to slip in "O Captain My captain" OR "Bittiany DO-DA"!! haha it was cute and it always made me laugh yea ...dont ask.. how r u you doing rick??? long time no talk, man did we have fun this summer why did you ever leave cedars?? I really think MS rocky horror Ride night was soooo much fun too! gosh those were the days..:)

Yea Jen i totally agree we are way off topic but its all good, i just love seeing all the love people are giving paddlewheel, you just cant help but smile :) Yea i just talked to Josh a few days ago are you too coming to x-mas party or not?? let me know darling luv you tons :)

OK hmm heres another topic kiddies..... Who thinks Paddlewheel should have a Ride Night??... And if so what would be a great theme???

PaddleWheel TL 06'
Paddlewheel Crew 05'
Capt. Barbie
"Barbie's Behind the Wheel Now!"

I got a good laugh reading "oh captain my captain!" and "Brittany DO-DA!" I can still hear Nick saying those things. I don't have a favorite joke, but I have to say, it was mean when Captain Jen asked who your favorite captain is, and who you'll ask for next time you ride, and I said Captain Kirby. She called me a big jerk!

I think I was... After all, you kicked her off her boat on July 30th so you could be my captain one last time, and that was the first time she heard I was leaving, after I already quit.

But anyway, my favorite captain is the one who took me to my first gay bar. That was quite interesting, especially right before we left. ;)

Teevis

Sky Ride TL '07
Sky Ride ATL '06
Sky Ride '05

Hi Captain Kirby,

My 11-year-old son and I rode PWE about 20 times this year. My favorite joke was mentioned earlier, but in October I tried to trick you by answering "plastic civilians", to which you responded "no, fiberglass. We always have an answer for that one."

My favorite ride was the final ride around midnight on the 4th of July. All the stuff around the lagoon was turned off, I don't remember who was the captain that time, but they did their best to ramble through the jokes without any help from the props.

Another time, maybe the same ride, actually, my son and I seemed to be the only customers who got on with a bunch of employees. Just before we got on the ride, we saw one balloon on Balloon Race spinning insanely fast. Well, the people on that balloon turned out to be employees who then got on PWE with us. Everybody was talking about getting together in Soak City after closing. Then people started talking about how much fun Balloon Race is. I thought they were joking, but we gave it a spin the next day, and it's without a doubt the most nauseating ride in the park, when done correctly.

Yes, Kirby, you're my favorite captain, and we can't wait for May to get here so we can ride with you on the most exciting ride in the Cedar Point lagoon.

Gilbert, Vegan Rider

LOL!!!! I was one of those employees........!!!!!!!!!!! I rode Balloon race for the first time that night and then rode Paddlewheel (my baby)! And no- we SO werent kidding about how much fun it was! Thats great... Aww Soak City ride night was a lot of fun... but it made for a really long day-something like 17-18 hours at the park 9am until 2 in the morningish... at least there were free popsicles!

I remember watching fireworks from Meanstreak's platform with my Joshua that night while you guys were "transfering off a train"... Good timing though. I miss going on Meanstreak all the time. I probably rode Mine Ride, Meanstreak and WWL the most this summer out of any ride... well except PWE!

*Captain Jen*

It was me too! I think we were in the same balloon in fact. It was my idea to go on the Balloon Race, too. I'm glad you were willing to ride it, I couldn't convince anyone else the rest of the summer to go on it with me.

Sky Ride TL '07
Sky Ride ATL '06
Sky Ride '05

Oh yeah! That WAS the night your nearly broke my back with your head on WWL!!!!! Lol... it was no biggie! That was a really fun night... I'm glad I went on White Water a lot this summer... I am going to miss it like WHOA!

*Captain Jen*

What about the night Captain Kirbry tried to kill me on WWL went we came off the first lift.....I almost broke my nose. Yeah, 4th of July on the MS platform....good times. I miss the real Brittany DOO-DAH...she had the coolest name....oh captain, my captain...I can never use that one again, it just wouldn't make sense. Captain Jen, I miss talking to you....and you giving me that dirty look when Kirby would come to work singing....hehehehe

Nick

Push down and Pull Up on Your Lab Bars....THATS DOWN THEN UP!

2006-WOF RipCord Complex TL
2005-WOF Boomerand ATL, Timber Wolf TL/Magnum XL 200, Mean Strek
2004-WOF Grand Prix Raceway ATL, Monsoon TL
2003-WOF Area 2 Sweeps

oh god.. i always knew what went on the night before (or morning for that matter) when she would be in a good mood....

of course I was the same way happy and all... damn i miss the joshua....

we love your butts as you walk away to dispose of the "evidence"!!!

*Captain Jen*

Awww! Jen i remember talking about that with you, its so true we loved are guys cute butts as they walked away to dispose of the "evidence", It was always my fav. highlight wish i could have gotten a picture that would have rocked! haha gosh do i miss seeing that cute sight...grrrrr!

Oh and Nick remember the time when we totally got yelled at on WWL on like the second lift..hehehe.. was that the same time i almost broke your nose too? Oh yea oopps sorry about that BUT you know how exictied i would get when we would ride WWL, it was one my my fav. rides. Gosh that night we rode it was SOOO pretty you could see all the parks lights a glow, the clear dark sky and the sparkling lake.I dont thing in my whole life i'd seen something so pretty as the top of WWL on a clear night... but now its all over :( i going to miss WWL ever so much :(

Hey Jen look at my profile pic, its cute... it was my cute butt guy i'd always stare at..hehe just brings back some good times ya know :)

PaddleWheel TL 06'
Paddlewheel Crew 05'
Capt. Barbie
"Barbie's Behind the Wheel Now!"

Well, someone's got to dispose of the "evidence". It's good to know that someone thinks my butt is cute.....I miss the point...not alot, just a little bit...but I still miss it none-the-less.

Nick

Push down and Pull Up on Your Lab Bars....THATS DOWN THEN UP!

2006-WOF RipCord Complex TL
2005-WOF Boomerand ATL, Timber Wolf TL/Magnum XL 200, Mean Strek
2004-WOF Grand Prix Raceway ATL, Monsoon TL
2003-WOF Area 2 Sweeps

I know most of all you miss our room. Not the people in it, of course, just the room itself. I never lived in such a classy place!

Sky Ride TL '07
Sky Ride ATL '06
Sky Ride '05

Captain Crunch here from Paddlewheel '88/'89...

My favorite joke wasn't really even a joke but it was my funniest experience as a captain. (sorry folks, this may be a little "blue" for some)

It was a very rainy day at the park and Paddlewheel was one of the few rides open and we were very busy. The day had been very long, I had already taken out what seemed like a hundred boats, and I was kind of losing my mind.

I took the boat by Bucky Beaver..did my normal spiel.. and as a reaction to the rainy day I then said..

"Boy, nothing I hate more than a wet beaver!"

Total silence on the boat until I heard a little old lady GASP very loudly.

Suddenly the boat exploded in laughter and we laughed all the way back to the dock. I couldn't even get out the rest of my spiel!

Hope I didn't offend anyone, but sometimes the mistakes were the funniest! Anyone else got any "spiel mistakes"??

!!!!!! That's awful/awesome! I can't believe you said that! *** Edited 1/14/2006 3:33:56 AM UTC by Top Thrill Dragster***

2005/2006: Cedar Point - Millennium Force
2007/2008/2009: Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom - Tomorrowland Speedway
2008: Hard Rock Park - Maximum RPM! Opening Supervisor
2008/2009: Universal Orlando - Men in Black: Alien Attack Team Leader, Guest Services Coordinator

This thread is cracking me up. I haven't been on the Paddlewheel since I was 10(yeah, it's been that about 18 years?)

I remember I had a captain that was telling corny jokes and nobody was laughing. He finally said something that I thought was funny and I laughed. Immediately he looks at me like "OMG I got one". And from then on everything he said he looked at me right afterwards for a response. At the end of the ride he let me say something on the mic but I forgot that also.

Anyways, sounds like Paddlewheel has stepped it up as far as jokes because this thread cracks me up.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service