New For 2017: Cedar Point Shores Water Park

I just remember falling so fast with tons of water splashing me in the face, but I couldn't do anything about it. I guess I felt like i could have drowned more than anything.
Will I go down one at CPS? Absolutely.

I don't really find trap door slides to be to thrilling, more just painful. Only been on one in Michigan and yea it just threw water all into my face to the point were I couldn't breathe and scratched me up pretty bad. More discomforting than thrilling for me.

I've only been on the ones at Valleyfair, and I thought they were pretty awesome. Thrilling and fun.

Scorpion's Tail at Noah's Arc is the only one I've been on, and holy crap. Those things are great (although this one starts with a 70 foot freefall...)

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I went down to Kentucky Kingdom this weekend and rode on Deep Water Dive, which is a 121 foot drop with a trap door. I actually was slightly nervous the first time, mainly cause I didn't know what to expect. That slide is a little different than the typical Cedar Fair trap door slides in that it is an open-air slide versus enclosed tube. Anyway, all the water splashing in my face during the drop, I could hardly see anything. But it was a great thrill. Rode it 2 more times.

It appears they've begun demolition of Challenge Golf.

Brandon

Well, I guess that means I won't be playing this weekend. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Wow I guess so,all the trees are gone already,Cedar Point doesn't waste time,once the season is done.

I would also venture to say, that since the Golden Ticket Awards are at the park this weekend, that its highly likely that the park wants to have some work progression going on where there is refurbishment for next year on areas that have been long neglected.

Just so the neglected areas can be overlooked as 'being improved' as opposed to 'look how bad they let this place run down'.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

brieeee said:

All the trees are gone already.

Why did they have to cut the trees down for? Fudge!

Maybe they were kite eating trees?

The "Blackbeard's Revenge" complex at Carowinds was great. The trap door slides were cool. Does anyone have any pics of the area where the trees have been cleared?

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

We are on the fence as to whether or not to renew our 2016 Platinum passes, which we've had (family of 4) since 2009, but something I read above intrigued me.

If you go on CW website, they advertise the same price for a platinum pass purchased on CP's website. Even if I had to buy a NEW pass (and not a renewal), if the price they show is converted into USD by my credit card I'd effectively be getting the pass for about $40 cheaper based on current exchange rates.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Are passes purchased online for CW charged in Canadian dollars??

Last edited by MaverickLaunch,

I'd wondered this myself but never did the research. Is there a discount to buy the platinum from a different park?

It wouldn't make any sense. And, If there was don't you think Michigan's Adventure would be the likely candidate.

Platinum is the same everywhere. I don't know how Canada converts.
The individual park pass, "gold" or whatever is where you may find a difference and that makes sense.

My pass and my wife's pass were from Wonderland this year. I live in Buffalo, NY so its less than a 2 hour drive. The charge this year was $200 Canadian. Obviously a great deal compared to buying it at any US Cedar Fair park right now due to the great exchange rate. Caution though: There are heavy taxes in Canada so I think i remember paying like $70 in tax total on both passes ($470 total Canadian) Also, the passes are themed to Wonderland this year, they have the Leviathan eyes on it and the green theme, say Platinum pass on the bottom right.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I don't think it matters where you buy your pass. For instance, let's say you buy a CW pass, but decide to go to KBF on 1/1, before you've actually gotten it processed. They'll do that at Knott's and you'll get one of their passes.

Six Flags passes, which are good at all their parks, are all different prices. However, whatever park you buy it from, is the park you have to initially process at. However, once you have it, you can renew with out reprocessing. Additionally, Six Flags usually gives you a book of coupons at the beginning of the year. I believe you can only get the book from your "home park."

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Back to the topic of drop slides...

To me there is "fun" scared/thrilling, and there is "unpleasant" scared/thrilling.

Enclosed black slides like Erie falls to me are suffocating and unpleasant.

The only trapdoor slide I've been on is the Der Stuka conversion one at wet n wild Orlando. I didn't find the drop at all scary.

But, the descriptions I'm hearing here of these types of trapdoor slide into a narrow tube with what sounds like a waterboarding effect is making me think this is something I would not enjoy.

Fun scary is good; suffocating, claustrophobic, unpleasant scary is not fun.

Good thrills to me have to have the fun factor.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service