New For 2017: Cedar Point Shores Water Park

Its probably been 10 years since Magnum was painted.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

2014 the trains were completely refurbished and there was substantial( if not total) painting done to it for the 25 anniversary.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:
2014 the trains were completely refurbished and there was substantial( if not total) painting done to it for the 25 anniversary.

So that would also be 2014 right?

ROUNDABOUND.

It's been longer than 3 years since Magnum was totally repainted. Just a quick search shows the last total repaint of the ride was started in 2005 and completed in 2006.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Perhaps it was just the areas around the old entrance tunnel and lift hill, but I'm pretty sure the pretzel loop was done too. Anyway, whatever they did didn't look like brand new for long, maybe it's the color scheme. I'd just be happy if they got the trains as smooth as 2014, she's been on a mean streak the last couple years.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

Here's a time lapse I made of the past two months of construction work, both on CP Shores and the Breakers expansion:

(The quality kind of sucks for the first half of the video, but it gets better.)

That video shows perfectly how crazy and stupid the weather in Ohio is

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

^ Being from Michigan, I'm used to crazy and stupid winter weather. :)

This just came in from the park's YouTube page:

It's so nice to see a NEW intro to these Pointcasts and having them last more than a minute! Everything looks like it's coming along great so far. I hope the next Pointcast involves the construction site of Muffleheads Beach Bar. I can't wait to see the finished product.

These videos have generally been longer than a minute. The "Valravn Minute" videos were one minute.

I've also noticed from the webcams that they're cutting down the trees behind the existing slide complexes. Should make for some fantastic views of the beach and the lake.

Perpetual Obsession said:

I've also noticed from the webcams that they're cutting down the trees...

OMG!!! NOOoOooOOooooooooooooo!!!!! why trees?!?!

I'm actually really excited for the CP Shores upgrades and to see how the opening up of the beach, by removing the trees, looks form the park. I also hope The new bar, and hopefully bubbles refurb?, get to take advantage of the Lakeview.

Now we wouldn't want Cedar Point to end up like Thneedville now would we?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

It'll be nice with the added view of the lake from the water park. The path that takes you to Sandcastle will be weird without the privacy feel the trees provide though. Oh well, I'm excited regardless

Well, partly because of this renovation, I broke down and bought the platinum pass, again. I would hope it will no longer be the most disgusting water park I go to anymore. It was pretty bad compared to some. Those drop slides are really fun, though not as terrifying as the one at Kentucky Kingdom. That one is, by far, the scariest "ride" I've ever been on. 121 foot drop at a 70 degree angle plus no one waiting so I had to walk right into the tube.

I don't know if this has been around for very long, but I found this neat sneak peek:

Wow! Wow! Wow!

It's getting to the point where I hardly recognize this place! Love the direction the park is heading...

It is nice.
What I'm going to miss is taking the little tunnel walkway under Magnum to get from the SC lot to the resort gate. Getting up close and personal with the coaster will harder.

Was that an official video release or a fan made piece?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service