New For 2017: Cedar Point Shores Water Park

^ That was from the CP Fanpage YouTube channel. I have no idea if it originated from there or if it was released from somewhere else I don't know about.

I found it interesting that the first thing in the video is the 2018 Breakers expansion. I guess they have to acknowledge that as the completed product looks a lot nicer with it there than without.

RCMAC said:
It is nice.
What I'm going to miss is taking the little tunnel walkway under Magnum to get from the SC lot to the resort gate. Getting up close and personal with the coaster will harder.

I'm not sure how that works. The tunnel under the road was replaced with a crosswalk. The ticket booth is closer to Magnum now.

I think the reference is to when you'd walk under Magnum to get to the main gate of Soak City. You'd either take a left to get into SC or take a right to the "Resort Gate" of Cedar Point, which would then take you through the actual tunnel that you're referring to.

Correct. The blue metal tunnel that mimicked those on the actual ride, right next to the carts.
Maybe those in the Shores will still be able to go through it.

Here's another time lapse:

I don't know how much more footage I'll be able to record, seeing as how they've started pointing the webcam elsewhere in the park.

The fun part about that was maybe not so much CP Shores, but watching the Breakers extension go up like toy building blocks.

I have been looking at the animation and notice that the bar area has a neat little stage and the area opens to that wave pool and it is sort of off by itself in a corner. Has it been discussed using this area after hours as a bar /floating movie /music venue that accesses from the beach path late night?

I don't know about after hours but they plan to use the stage for live entertainment during CP Shores operating hours.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Another update, courtesy of PointCast:

So who is planning on attending any of the opening festivities? Was hoping to go Friday but a forecast high of 66F is just not enough for my kids.

I will be there rain or shine...the liquor shall keep me warm...

Surprisingly, according to Jason Hammond's brochure archive, during Soak City's first two seasons (1988 and 1989), it was open all the way through the bonus weekends, closing as late as the last week of September/first week of October! Here's the 1988 and the 1989 brochures. It should be noted that the original half of Soak City (to the right of Magnum) is heated, whereas the newer 1995/7-era half of Soak City (to the left of Magnum, with the wave pool and raft ride) is unheated, so I'm guessing that's how they could stay open that late. I wonder if the whole park will become heated with this overhaul; while the old half is pleasantly cool, the new half is downright frigid!

Cargo Shorts said:

So who is planning on attending any of the opening festivities? Was hoping to go Friday but a forecast high of 66F is just not enough for my kids.

Better weather than Kings Island's Soak City passholder preview last year - rain and 57°. The waterpark opened at 11am and was closed by 1pm for lack of attendance.

We are planning on heading to CPS tomorrow. May just walk around and check out everything if the weather isn't nice. Probably end up at the Surf Lounge at some point.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I haven't decided. I'm not a fan of water parks in cool weather but my kids have the day off from school and it looks like I may not be working so I'm not ruling it out yet.

We're planning on going. If the temps are in the upper 70's we may get wet. Otherwise we'll just look around and check out the food options.

Better to slide at 60° than wait 45 minutes on a slide tower at 80°.

That's a nope.

We wanted to be able to go on Preview Day...but, there is that pesky work issue. Wanted to get the day off, but, short staffed with the holiday weekend :(

Oh well...guess that means I save a vacation day for later.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service