Mantis 2004

we'll hook it up and get crazy then Brian! It's only a plastic soft pad, but I think doing it barefoot is more fun. I'll try to get David into it and it'll be DDR night at Jay's place

------------------
'04- Mantis

I'm so there.

BTW Mantis crew, our website is in the works now. Crew biography page is coming along as well as "everything you need to know about working Mantis..." I'll let everyone know when I get it up and going!

------------------
2004 - ATL Mantis
2003 - Mantis
2002 - Mantis
2001 - S.C. Foods Supervisor

"stop bouncing"...

is there anything else? j/k lol

------------------
Future CP Ride op?

I JSUT saw this discovery channel thing on wild animals of the jungle, and the guide on this river tour told this young photographer about these fish that would grow to the size of a small dog and eat young children who dared go in the water. It was supposed to be shocking but funny....and I couldn't help but think that could be used on the paddlewheel excursion "They breed under Mantis, hiding in the mists under Iron Dragon. But don't be too careless...when they're hungry, they'll come all the way out here for the tatse of some young fool who ventures into the water...."
------------------
Mantis '04
"Be careful young lad, them's MAN-eating fish down there!"
I don't think anything could thrive in the Mantis lagoon. The only "life" I've ever seen is the floating corpses of dead fish. MMMMM I can't wait for the sweet summer smell of dead fish to grace me each and every morning. Does the smell radiate up into the station? God I hope not...

------------------
2004 - Mantis Crew
*** This post was edited by S2Kster 2/24/2004 10:42:08 PM ***

It was really good last summer until something happened to the lagoon and the fish started dying off. Then it got kinda bad, but that only lasted for a little while.

------------------
2004 - ATL Mantis
2003 - Mantis
2002 - Mantis

Ahhh, what can be learned in the month of June. It seems like there should be an epic poem written about it. But all I can think of is a title...."An Ode to a Binary Fluid Heat Exchanger"

Must be nice to have environmental services take over one of your crew cleaning responsibilities for a while.
------------------
TTD '03 Crew
69 Launches - 65 Complete Circuits
Which of the 4 TL's will be listed in the SOP manual?

Yeah, it would have been nice. Someone actually quit their job because they had to come clean up the fishies. I felt really bad and I probably wouldn't have blamed them. It was :-(

------------------
2004 - ATL Mantis
2003 - Mantis
2002 - Mantis

There has got to be some sort of mutant species growing in that thing...

------------------
2004 - Mantis Crew

I do hope to see a wonderful array of guests, lol. They could seriously brighten my day in all their glory. Especially the 6'5" "woman" that, after riding, came back with less hair than "she" started with.
Oh, the stories I could tell (and will to the crew members). Good times!

------------------
2004 - ATL Mantis
2003 - Mantis
2002 - Mantis

what up mantis crew I just wanted to holla and say that it's gonna be another great summer, our zone is the ****

Peanuts playground/Ocean Motion/Chaos ATL 2004

What sort of technical and maintenance problems does Mantis regularly have? Is Mantis a ride where we will have quite a number of days doing nothing because of down-time. Also, if there is an extended period of down-time, will be we assigned to another ride or just not work at all? Thanks! P.S. Love the website Brian!

------------------
2004 - Mantis Crew

S2Kster sorry to say if you think that your going to have much down-time at Mantis your way wrong. I've spent 2 years working at that ride and know that she never goes down. If it does go down I doubt it would be down for days. The two years that I have been there it has never been down for a whole day, most of the time if Mantis is down I would say it would be like 15-20 minutes.

------------------
TL Wicked Twister 2004
ATL Mantis 2003
Mantis Crew 2002
Raptor Crew 2001

Thanks Ryan. No, I wasn't looking for down-time. Downtime leads to angry guests, leads to them whining at us, leads to me being cranky. DOWNTIME is the devil

------------------
2004 - Mantis Crew

No, if you want two days of downtime, you work Wicked Twister. ;)

------------------
2003 - Wicked Twister Crew
2004 - Wicked Twister Crew

And if you want a month.... ;)
------------------
TTD '03 Crew
69 Launches - 65 Complete Circuits
Which of the 4 TL's will be listed in the SOP manual?
All the newcomers at mantis, beware of the killer birds that sit atop of the light polls. Those birs are crazy. Just ask anyone from last years crew. It was always fun watching the guests get attacked by the birds.

------------------
'04 ATL Turnpike Cars!

yeah okay, so i will be there in 29 days, YAY!!!! clean up is going to be the bomb and a half . . .not so much friends, not so much. we need to keep this thread going. it has come to a dead halt. i know that we have all been SUPER busy bc of SB and finals comming up, but still, how long does it take to post, like 2.2, lol. i cannont WAIT till my happy butt is back up at CP fo sho!!!
I can't wait for our first crew party :-D...and don't worry about clean up Kurtis, I'm sure Brian will let you use the waders ;-)
------------------
2003 Iron Dragon
2004 Mantis

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service