CP must add a coaster in 2009 it is tradition.

I have a question? Did they re-track Mean Streak In the past? I feel like they did not too long ago. Maybe it was for a different coaster.

They have done minor retracking, but I think if GCI comes in it would be a major reprofiling...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I sure hope it's something drastic. Mean Streak would be a decent ride if it didn't crack my spine every ride.

TedFuzz. No longer manually signing posts. Too bad. =(
Cedar Point - America's Roller Coast!
Ron Paul 2008/2012!

Not to be a debbie downer, but MS's trains just got the retractable seat belts this year, if they were planning on removing them one season later I doubt they would have done that. Not to mention GCI's policy on MF trains is if we didnt build the coaster, we are not selling you MFs for it, period. MS was not built by GCI.

That doesnt mean that GCI cant reprofile Mean Streak, it just means I doubt it will get MFs.

People can change their minds, and companies can change their policies. However, the whole retractable seat belt installation does suggest that they wouldn't be swapping out for new trains a few months later.

Then again, maybe CF originally had different plans for 2009 that fell through or were scrapped, and they didn't realize they would be retracking/profiling MS one season later.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

The sign points to Mean Streak staying around for at least a few years. The idea (my opinion) is to get as many people on MS right now with them coming off of it with a "not-so-great" experience. Then, in the offseason, when they reprofile it and get new trains, people will go again to see the "hopeful" improvements. I hope we get the great coaster (no pun intended) that Mean Streak was meant to be.

2005 - Disaster Transport / Iron Dragon ATL

Raising the next generation of Coaster Enthusiasts

I say with the Mean Streak, Blue Streak, and the Corkscrew Coasters the Retractable Seat Belts are really fine on the Coasters. They should get every Coaster Retractable Seat Belts. The also should remake something with the lap bars on the Magnum, Gemini, Wildcat, and the Mine Ride because they are hurting me and my friends a little bit.

Adventure Express a Arrow Mine Train at KI has retractables, I think its only a matter of time until at least Gemini and Magnum get them, and probably CCMR as well.

I've learned after this season that the seatbelt doesn't really affect airtime very much, and in some cases, I've actually experienced more airtime from a tighter seatbelt. Not to mention the retractables really make the loading process alot faster. I think Magnum and Gemini getting them as well would make their waits even shorter than they already are, which is still pretty short, but having the wait times as close to non-existant as possible can really keep guests happy.

TedFuzz. No longer manually signing posts. Too bad. =(
Cedar Point - America's Roller Coast!
Ron Paul 2008/2012!

Next ride at CP...Spongebob themed...

New Ride!

Last edited by Loopy,

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

It don't Gitmo better.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service