CP must add a coaster in 2009 it is tradition.

As long as the rumor last year of an Huss Topple Tower doesn't come true. That is the most ''family orientated'' thrill ride on the market...

Personally I expect a new coaster come 2009/10 with SOMETHING going on to Mean Streak, maybe, I hope.

For 2008 expect to see a Kiddie Kingdom revonation/demolition or a new kiddie/flatride like a Sky Swatter or something going in between Millennium's entrance and Maverick's entrance possibly close to the old Fort Sandsuky thing or on Millennium Force's island. maybe :)

quote from Mean Streak operator, "Welcome to Mean Streak. It's so mean it'll rip the heads off your Barbie dolls and steal your lunch money!!!"

^ It is 2008. ;)

TedFuzz. No longer manually signing posts. Too bad. =(
Cedar Point - America's Roller Coast!
Ron Paul 2008/2012!

I still think its a bit early to be predicting stuff for next year. With the lack of any sort of activity in terms of markers, etc., who knows what direction they will take. I agree that a new coaster for next year isn't looking very promising, I still think its a bit early to be ruling it out.

I hate to say it, but I'd love if CP took a year and instead of building a coaster, took that money and invested elsewhere in the park. I would just love to see what the park would look like with that kind of money (or even half of what they would spend on a coaster which would still be $10 million), spent on other types of things.

A.) Soak City - As others have mentioned Soak City really, really, really needs some work. The park is incredibly outdated, and even with a Platinum Pass (which would allow me to get into the water park free on all of my visits), I only chose to go once. It is just so blah! I don't know how they expect to keep marketing this place as a stand alone water park. The first thing they need to do is improve the atmosphere. White slides, concrete, and a bit of grass just isn't appealing for a water park. They need to add some color, new architecture (shops, food places, etc) throughout, and new landscaping. Then they need to put in some more slides, remove some older ones, add shade, more chairs, etc. The more I think of it, it would really be better if they got rid of everything and just re-built. I'm hoping that with recent great water park efforts (WWK, CB), that CP might have this on their agenda.

B.) New family ride - Sorry CP, but Maverick isn't for the families. I would love to CP add a quality family ride. The options are endless; another log ride, some sort of dark ride, river battle type ride, etc. I just think if CP invested the same money and originality into something other than a coaster, they could have something great on their hands.

C.) New infrastructure - I realize CP isn't into themeing, but you can still have a nice atmosphere! Generally I think the park is quite nice and receives a lot of unwarranted negativity about its atmosphere. I do think, however, that CP could improve in some areas. The main midway is one area I think could be great if they spent some money redesigning it. For example they could add new lamp posts, new benches, maybe re-do some building facades, etc. I would really like it if CP got rid of Demon Drop and expanded the main entrance, maybe adding a big fountain or landscape display or something. A lot of parks have really nice grand entrances, and I think CP's could use some work.

Point being I think there are a lot of ways CP could spend money that would improve the park that doesn't include a new coaster. Don't get me wrong, I go there for the coasters, but I think the park does need to create some balance that has been lost recently.

Thrills Around the Corner!

I wouldn't be a bit disappointed if they took that money and painted some of the rides in need, and aided the lack/deterioration of some of the theming throughout the park.

CP08 said:
Personally I expect a new coaster come 2009/10 with SOMETHING going on to Mean Streak, maybe, I hope.

For 2008 expect to see a Kiddie Kingdom revonation/demolition or a new kiddie/flatride like a Sky Swatter or something going in between Millennium's entrance and Maverick's entrance possibly close to the old Fort Sandsuky thing or on Millennium Force's island. maybe :)

Its to early to talk about this year haha! you said 2008...

My pipe dream wishes:
-Spiderman style Snoopy themed dark ride replacing DT and Demon Drop, finale/drop sequence occurring when Snoopy (and you) get shot down by the Red Barron
-Snoopy themed Log Flume, which doesnt have to be Splash Mt/Dudley decked out (but that would be really nice,) I would be happy with a similar ride to the Bugs flume in SFFT.
-Lower Food Prices or Better Quality
-Unchaining Cedar Downs and generally upping the cycle times on the flat rides

More realistic wishes:
-Sally Dark Ride, doesnt have to be a shooter, they make great normal ones too but I dont really have a preferance I like both
-Top Spin
-GCI Wooden Coaster
-MF repainting
-Rattcheting Seatbelts on the Arrow Coasters, ie Magnum, Gemini and CCMT
-New Firework show, KI does a great job and uses (gasp) actual fireworks. Cedar Point is on a lake and has beaches where they could do this really easly (see 4th of July.) The only problem is of course, unlike KI CP doesnt have a "wennie" to focus the show on (Effiel Tower.)
-Water Slides I actually want to ride at Soak City, weither its a Tornado, speed slide complex like GLWK, Racing Mats, Proslide "toilet bowls," Water Coaster or all of the above, I dont care I just want something new and fun.
-Wait Time Boards scattered throughout the park, Im thinking Main Enterance, by WT/DT, Coasters Diner, head of the Frontier Trail by MF's exit, Frontiertown by Town Hall Museum, Gemini's bathroom, and Magnum so you know the wait times all around the park
-Fans Misters and more Sun Screens in Raptor's queue, replacing the fans at Magnum, fix DT's AC so it always works
-Fix the sound system, I want to hear music everywhere, there are a lot of dead areas in queues and on midways. Also when Halloweekends is on, I want Halloween music on, the whole day, doesnt have to be every song but they should be peppered in there during the day and once night happens, every song.

It would be a nice family addition if they added a Spining mouse coaster. Kills two birds with one stone, coaster and family attraction. I do agree they need to get rid of the night time show and get something not so lame.

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

I find it interesting that there is little evidence of anything coming for next year yet. Obviously, whatever the put in won't be as time-intense, construction wise, as some other ride installations. Maybe this is the year CP breaks down and puts in a spinning mouse? (As Matt just indicated above.) Maybe a moto-coaster to put Darien Lake's to shame? Those are attractions that could be installed in only a few months.

Didn't Kinzel say in a 2007 interview that the park would come back with something big for 2009?

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I think it is a must do, repainting Millennium Force! It needs it badly! This off season clean up the crap around the park, for instance in Raptors queue clean up the gum wall, tree, stairwell EXT. Repaint stuff that needs to be repainted. Gemini's midway is stuck in the '70s, it needs updated.

Like Touchdown said fix the sound system. Not only the dead areas (and overly loud areas) but the music. Buy more music royalties and play better music. Especially in areas like Millennium Force. I also don't know why (maybe an attempt at themeing) but why did they add westerm movie themes to Mavericks line? The only people that like that, well, are people on this site.

^So do you have a problem with Disney doing the same in Frontierland?
What about BGE playing the Polka in their Oktoberfest area?

I dont have a problem with having the western movie themes back there, its part of the themeing. Believe it or not, so is the music at MF and every other coaster, they are music from the era that coaster opened (Magnum rocks the 80s, Raptor the 90s, MF the 00s but I agree some better Millenium Songs would be an added plus.)

Last edited by Touchdown,

why would you clean the gum wall of fame!!! that is a trademark to Raptor! SHAME FOR THINKING THAT

Anyways, we really need a wait time display board. That can REALLY help people who plan their visiting times ahead like which ride to go on next, you can easly check the wait times on the board and go from there. I really want those now! :)

quote from Mean Streak operator, "Welcome to Mean Streak. It's so mean it'll rip the heads off your Barbie dolls and steal your lunch money!!!"

CP08 said:
why would you clean the gum wall of fame!!! that is a trademark to Raptor! SHAME FOR THINKING THAT

Anyways, we really need a wait time display board. That can REALLY help people who plan their visiting times ahead like which ride to go on next, you can easly check the wait times on the board and go from there. I really want those now! :)

Haha yeah I didn't think of that! But for real, how long has that been there? That is terrible. I also agree with you, we need an wait time display.

Well I think Maverick could use a coat of paint on the curve by the water, if anyone has noticed that the track is almost black by now ;) Interesting, I bet in 10 years the whole ride will be black!

Ryaи.L мsυ '11 || Cedar ρoıиt Adмıssıoиs 07·09 || Disиey 2010-2011

^If they let it go...

^^It doesn't need paint. It's just dirt. A power wash would be a good idea.

^The rest of track will not get like that, its because that section is hit with the water bombs. You cant tell from across the pond, but I bet you most of that black is alive (allege.)

Ok I have a question...when do the tell us there plans for next year?
 I can't remember...

Last edited by OKSIRYDOC,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Ummm. . . Whenever they want to.

Let's Get Weird.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Ummm. . . Whenever they want to.

Ok let me rephrase this...When does it seem like they have in the past around what time period...?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service