CP must add a coaster in 2009 it is tradition.

It varies.

TedFuzz. No longer manually signing posts. Too bad. =(
Cedar Point - America's Roller Coast!
Ron Paul 2008/2012!

haha Raptor's gum wall ... that's great. How the heck do they get it up there anyway? Just by throwing it and getting it to stick?

My wish list: A new dark ride. Or another really good inverted coaster.

I would be a tiny bit dissapointed if CP spent their money cleaning up the gum wall, rather than adding a new ride. ;)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

I'm expecting a huge new log ride in place of snake river falls. The splash cam was probably a test for a construction cam.

^ Actually Tony came on here asking us for our opinions on where to put the new web cams. Factory81 suggested the splash cam.

^ To clean allgae from Mavvy, just scrub with a big toothbrush and polish up shine really nice....

I would like to see a Top spin ( not in a box like the crypt)

Paint the out side of DT's building pretty colors so it's not so much of an eyesore, but that still does not change the fact that it's in a box.

Maxair does need a paint job. If you look at the red stripe and the blue going up to the top on it's supports, it needs a paint job. The orange is not so bad, however. :)

Mavvy? Are you serious?

^^ Painting DT's building is actually a really good idea. If they are going to keep it around, they could at least make it less of an eye sore. They should just bring in some college art students, and have them paint a mural of CP's skyline on the side of that hideous building. I would do it for free. :)

Last edited by Jesz,

I sure hope we're done with Intamin for a while. I know they have a contract and all, and don't get me wrong Intamins are fun rides, but let's try something new. And yes, DT needs to be painted a new color if it's going to continue to exist as the eyesore that it is.

Ron Paul 2008/2012!

But if Disaster Transport got painted, wouldn't it ipso facto be a different eyesore? ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

What's wrong with DT's color? Its the least of that building's problems, and I can't imagine a color that would be an improvement.

Brandon

tedfuzz said:
I know they have a contract and all.

That's news. Or is this a branch of the "3 coaster contract with B&M" story?

Cedar Point goes with whomever will provide them the ride they want that year. Lately, it has been Intamin who is willing to do the concepts that Cedar Point wants.

Goodbye MrScott

John

According to a report today in one of those nefarious Other Sites That Shall Not Be Named, Mean Streak will get a workover by GCI this off-season.

Now that would be interesting.

Were this to happen, my guess is it would probably rule out any major new coaster for the Point in '09.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I also read that on the "site that shall not be named"... However, it was somewhat discussed here back in June. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility... especially with MS getting it's new sign here at the end of the season.

Throw some Millennium Flyer trains on there... reprofile a few hills to make them a bit lower, and get rid of the trims and hopefully it will hold some speed through the whole course.

We shall see...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

If MS got retracked I think that would be GREAT! MS could be a great coaster if it got retracked and the breaks on the first hill were taken out.

I missed out on maXair the last few years, but this year I rode it and I was amazed. I forgot how amazing that ride is. It gives you a lot of swings, and the wait wasn't bad at all. Skyhawk is a blast too, don't get me wrong. Gotta love walk-ons during early entry :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

A GCI makeover of Mean Streak would be the equivalent to getting a whole new attraction, and since the line of thinking that: "if we build something new attendance will increase" isn't working out, a safer investment like GCI, I think, would benefit them (CP) more.

Owner, Gould Photography.

That would be great if it got retracked and received new trains. The only problem for Cedar Point is, how do you market that?

Yeah, it sounds great to all of us, but it would be hard to get the public excited about it. Unless this is just something to improve the park so people will want to come back, instead of having to see a chiropractor after getting off of MS. You can add new things all you want, and that can sometimes help attendence, but you have to make sure what you already have isn't turning people off. I swear, the back seat on MS is almost dangerous. I hope this is true. :)

Ron Paul 2008/2012!

^very true. Back seat is not a fun trip. However.. I've found the 2nd last seat isn't really that bad... at least for MS.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Yeah, I've noticed that alot of the front benches on individual cars aren't nearly as bad as the back benches. This seems to be the case on quite a few coasters.

Ron Paul 2008/2012!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service