CP must add a coaster in 2009 it is tradition.

1959-Wild Mouse

1969-Cedar Creek Mine Ride

1979-Jr. Gemini, new Wildcat

1989-Magnum XL-200

1999-Woodstock Express

See a pattern here? Every year in the "modern Cedar Point" era they have added a coaster in a year added in a 9. Maybe this will be the year of the new woodie that will blow everyone away.

I'm sure that's exactly how they plan out their cap ex.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

They missed their tradition between the years of 2004-2006. We didn't get any coasters in those years.

Didnt CP say nothing big would come until 2009?

Where was that press release? lol

-Eric

^^Cedar Point would never say that before an anouncement.

I think Kinzel indirectly said that in an interview.

CP said they will come back with something big in 2009 in an interview.

Thrills Around the Corner!

Ahhh Here go the rumors..

Total Maverick rides for the 2007 season = 27

Top 5--- 1. Maverick- 2. Millennium 3. Magnum 4. TTD 5. Gemini

Cavs- 2007 Eastern Conference Champions!.-

Can someone please close this thread.

Disaster Transport 2012

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I will! Oh wait.........

Let's Get Weird.

I LOVE rumors! haha. so how about that 500 footer in '09? ;)
*** Edited 10/27/2007 12:28:01 AM UTC by Droo***

"Can't you see it's over
Because you're the god of a shrinking universe."
-Muse

They will get something in 2009.... it just might not be a coaster. Anyone expecting a coaster can just live with it. I mean look at maXair... we got that and that ride rocks and its not a coaster. Then they put in Skyhawk, which IMO was a bad choice to put in another swinging flat ride the year after another one but, CP can improve with out coasters.

I agree but coasters are, in my opinion, more exciting and fun than a flat ride.

"Can't you see it's over
Because you're the god of a shrinking universe."
-Muse

You're taking what Kinzel said in the wrong way. What he means is Maverick was a $21 million investment. The company must hold out until a similar investment for at least a year or two. Basically saying CP can't afford such an investment every year.

Nothing actually noted 2009 will be a new coaster, it just says that don't expect anything big the year after such a large project.

When running a business such as CP, the park must offer something new and exciting every few years make people come. Adding nothing for a couple years does no good. Roller coasters aren't always the answer, nor does always have to be a ride. Improvements to lacking areas are always welcome which is why talk about the kiddy areas isn't out of range of possibilities. A 500 foot coaster is though.

Some of you guys have get your mind outside of the world of RCT where you can just put in a coaster anywhere at anytime, and start thinking logically in the real world. There are a lot of factors that must be thought about when adding new rides. This might be obvious, but I sometimes feel it isn't on here.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

StealthPirate07 said:
I mean look at maXair... we got that and that ride rocks and its not a coaster. Then they put in Skyhawk, which IMO was a bad choice to put in another swinging flat ride the year after another one but, CP can improve with out coasters.

I have to disagree...

Although maXair is a super fun ride, I can't ride it unless I want to sit on a bench for 3 hours after riding it trying not to puke, but Skyhawk is super fun as well... and I can ride that thing all day long.

So to someone who can ride both of them, it may seem like a bad choice, but for someone like myself... I'm pretty excited that there is another big swinging flat ride that I can enjoy too!

Season Pass Holder Since 1998!
Brian Raymond on Coaster Buzz

Ride On Mr. Scott!

MaXair and Skyhawk are totally different. Both were good additions to the park. Just wish MaXair would swing as well as it did opening year. :(

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

^Wait what? Other than the downtime, maXair feels no different than it did opening year. In fact, the ride just got longer, which is always good in my mind.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^He was talking about its recent downtime. Atleast thats how I saw it.

Let's Get Weird.

I didn't ride MaXair until this year, but it certainly seemed to swing well. That ride seemed to go on forever. Of course it might have been party because I was feeling bad for my wife who I convinced to go on the ride thinking that it didn't look like I spun around all that fast. She agreed with me and got off the ride feeling sick. At least it didn't last quite three hours for her. For me, the ride did seem a lot more disorienting than I thought it would.

Sky Hawk definately gives a different ride experience. The lap bars make it scarier and the swinging without spinning lets you concentrate on the swinging part a lot more. I just wish that the ride length was as long as MaXair's.

...and enjoy the rest of your day at Cedar Point, The Am-aaaa-zement park!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service