CP must add a coaster in 2009 it is tradition.

My Thought is that they will demolish the staduim, and move the maXair to that place. Then they will will put the Skyhawk where the maXair is now, and the waiting lines will just be moved around. Or keep the maXair where it is now and put the Skyhawk were the Staduim was.

Take down the Cars also, and then there will be more area for a Higher Thrill Ride or a Coaster at that place.

^That is not going to happen.

Geez, is it too early to start talking about 2019?

Bill Abele

Umm, it's 2007 for 2 more months...not even 2008. Should I start a thread about 2019?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Let's at least wait until we get past the meteor strikes of 2012 and the robot insurrection of 2016 before we start a 2019 thread.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^Now come on, the world ended in 2000. :)

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

Eh, that is the worst 'pattern' I have ever heard of!

Blue Streak:1964
Cedar Creak Mine Ride: 1969
Corkscrew: 1976
Gemini: 1978
Jr. Gemini: 1979
Wildcat: 1979
Disaster Transport: 1985?
Iron Dragon: 1987
Magnum: 1989
Mean Streak: 1991
Raptor: 1994
Mantis: 1996?
Woodstock E: 1999
Millennium Force: 2000
Wicked Twister: 2002
TTD: 2003
Maverick: 2007

There is no pattern, why do people keep trying to find one?

Sure, those are scattered. But his point isn't that all of the coasters are being installed in a pattern. His point is that in the last 4 decades, there has been a coaster installed in every year ending with a 9. That's a little different.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'm sure Cedar Fair plans things this way. Screw all the financial information, the budget, the revenues and the expenses. Throw the balance sheet and income statement away because its a tradition that we add a coaster in a year ending with a 9!

That's what I call business strategy! ;)
*** Edited 10/29/2007 3:33:17 PM UTC by Tennessee_CP_Fan***

Nick

Hell, it's 2009, I know we can't afford a new coaster, but it's 2009 it's UGRENT. It all makes sense.

-Craig-
2008:Magnum XL-200 | Top Thrill Dragster
2007:Corkscrew | Magnum XL-200 | Maverick

How about this pattern. No odd number of coasters for more than a year.

Beaver Land 18 - 2008
Maverick 17 - 2007

Dragster 16 - 2003
Wicked Twister 15 - 2002

Millennium 14 - 2000
Woodstock 13 - 1999

It only goes back a little bit though. :)

They just put in Maverick. Don't expect another coaster for another...4 or 5 years maybe.

Unless its the kiddie coaster from Geauga Lake.

Disaster Transport 2012

While I wouldn't say they "must" add a coaster - since it is now after Labor Day - has there been any rumors regarding what we can expect next year? Since there don't seem to be any markers around the park, I feel it's unlikely 2009 will bring a coaster, but I'm sure something will be added.

Any thoughts?

There'll be nothing because of Kings Island's newest attraction, Diamondback.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

Tom something always seems to be added each year.  Even if it is a 
kiddie ride or roller coaster something will be added...

Last edited by OKSIRYDOC,

2009 (perhaps 2009&2010) seems to me to be a year for Soak City changes. It has been a while with no significant work done over in that direction, and you still have the remains of Geauga Lake's warter park to work with. Attendance is way off over at GL (with the ride side dismantled), and something will need to be done in the eyes of the front office to use those remaining assets better before you ask for new capital dollars.

Now that Soak City has seen the end of season, perhaps we should keep an eye in that direction.

From what I understand, the old SW Waterski stadium is seeing activity (deconstruction?), and although next years seasons passes are already for sale for GL, they aren't exactly moving like hotcakes.

Would a watercoaster in Soak City and a few relocated items from GL be enough to to keep the 09 tradition going?

I didnt take the post so literally...I thought he was just pointing out a pattern he found quirky; combined with the common desire to see a new coaster put in. Of course that's CP's bread and butter, so who doesn't have it on their wish list?

I'll be happy with a GCI re-worked Mean Streak myself.

Promoter of fog.

As much as I would love for CP to get a new coaster next year it won't happen. We would have started to see some sort of hints by now. I know we will get something though.

I wouldn't mind seeing an S&S Sky Swatter. They had one at SFAW and it was a really awesome ride. Of course I would rather get a coaster, but if they were going to get a flat, this is a very unique ride that offers some great forces. :)

TedFuzz. No longer manually signing posts. Too bad. =(
Cedar Point - America's Roller Coast!
Ron Paul 2008/2012!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service