Christmas party version 2007.

Hey BGrooooo

You can pick up my Snowblower from the repair shop in Farmington, I hope they get it finished!

8 Inches of snow? Is that the same thing as the 2 ice storms we were supposed to get this week?

Anyway, I will be there around 9 or 10...after the wings game.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Man, its not looking any better... its now 8-12 inches with blowing snow all between Saturday Night and Sunday. =/

Ice storms are harder to predict than snow storms because there is so many factors involved when trying to forecast them. even if the storm track is 30 miles off that could be the difference between an inch of ice and two inches of rain. It looks as if we are right smack dab in the middle of a large area of Winter Storm Warnings so this may get to ugly for me to even consider driving to Michigan this weekend.

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

Well that's too bad if you cant. David and I were looking forward to seeing you there. But oh well, there's still P.B.P.P.P.P to look forward to after all. I'll still wait to start that thread, and keep everyone guessing.;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^ Oh what a tease.

I may make it up there on Sat. not sure yet. The ol' Dodge Ram is up for some snow but I am not sure if I am up for leaving the house, it's friggin' cold outside.

Beeeeehhhhhhh!!!!!

It was cold last year too.....I don't see much of a difference.;)

Pft, The snow will stay south of 94 probably. I'll be there unless my truck dies, and then I should still be there.

I'm going to try to make it but I'm one of the people that lives south of 94 and we're expecting 6-9 inches of snow. So unless the storm starts sometime in the middle of the night, I may not be there.

I may eat my words, but with every computer model run the storm is looking worse and worse. The 00Z NAM model is showing VERY heavy snow all the way up to Detroit. The worst of the storm probably won't start until late evening though. Even the GFS (which has been a very conservative model dealing with this storm) is playing catch up with the NAM.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about... long story short, it looks like this could be a major winter storm for northern Indiana, Ohio, and Southeast Michigan.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

yeah but GFS and NAM called for storms all week. It hasn't been right all season! :)

I wouldn't agree with that. They both did pretty well with the ice storms over the past 2 weeks (other than some temperature issues), and they both did pretty well with the Northeast storm a few days ago.

My prediction from last night stands. Winter Storm Warnings are now in effect all the way up into the Thumb of Michigan, with 6-10+ predicted in the Detroit Metro area.

Models have busted before, but all 3 main NCEP models (NAM, GFS, NGM) all show at least 6 inches of snow for the whole Northern IN, Northwest OH, Southeast MI area.

So I take it you're not coming Josh and Schuyler?

I won't be there. Sorry!

Nope... this snow is wet and slippery... I don't want to risk it. Sorry man.

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

Even with the snow, I'll be there around 8 (weather permitting), and yes, I brought a few goodies with me. Will anyone else definitely be there?

^^&^^^

Completely understandable, though unfortunate. Oh well, it can't be helped.

See you guys at the P.B.P.P.P.P then.

I'll be there! The worst is looking to be holding off until after the event is over and after I've driven back home!

Count me in! I will be up there around 10pm, though....

-- <a href=http://www.jasonjmonroe.com>Jason J Mornoe .Com</a>

Just got to Sandusky....can't wait to see everyone tonite :-)

'08 Zone 3 Asst. Sup.
'07 TL Mantis / TL Raptor
'06 Guest
'05 ATL maXair / TL maXair
'04 Disaster Transport / Wicked Twister

Cool beans! I'll hold off on giving things away until around 10:30-ish to allow everyone time to arrive.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service