Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Split951 said:
New for 2011 Free Wi-Fi/Something with Cell Phones (Teenagers)

Similar to the Kim Possible thing at Disney World?

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Something like that......but i don't know how that connects with "It's going to bring back a lot of memories for people that follow Cedar Point".........maybe that for 2011 and a record breaking GCI called Cyclone for 2012 to be announced this year!!!!!!!!!

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

I personally don't like the cyclone idea. It's like a newer version of Blue Streak. Plus they would be across from each other.

I still want a flying coaster (:

In reference to both Split951 and Chris C., I think a GCI coming to Cedar Point would a great idea!! It would be cool to see a wooden coaster by lake Erie in the summer months. Chris I'm sure in some aspects it might be the same, but just the thought of Cedar Point adding a GCI like Voyage and having it at Cedar Point would be awesome. Plus you can do more with GCI coasters than the traditional historic coasters such as Blue Streak. Maybe they have ideas of bringing the Cyclone back with style! :)

Yeah why is the CP poll asking what phones people use? There's already a wait-time app for the iphone.

Ok I'm going to completely contradict myself from what I posted in the construction thread, and add to the MOAR COASTERS hype but something just kinda came to mind. Peanuts started in 1950, and they are celebrating snoopys 60th birthday (how long is that in dog years?) Cyclone was torn down in 1951, 60 years ago next year. Just saying, don't flame me for it, I'm only pointing it out.

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

Maybe they want an offical app, so they can control it and program it to their standards. And Shawn, Voyage was built by Gravity Group, not GCI.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

^^^^^

Considering the space available, a beach side coaster would have to be a Twister not an Out-And-Back like Blue Streak is.

And, even if they just recreated the original Cyclone, judging from the diagrams it would have lateral forces as opposed to Blue Streak's air time

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Boardwalk Bullet at Kemah Boardwalk is on less than an 1 acre land. It is about 3000 feet long so it does pack a pretty good punch.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Captain Hawkeye said:
^^^^^

Considering the space available, a beach side coaster would have to be a Twister not an Out-And-Back like Blue Streak is.

And, even if they just recreated the original Cyclone, judging from the diagrams it would have lateral forces as opposed to Blue Streak's air time

I was referencing the idea someone proposed. His idea stated for a similar style coaster, a small modular coaster.

And Shawn I would have to agree it would be fun for a GCI modern wooden coaster. But on the other hand, the regular park guests won't get it. I don't think it fits in at the modern day Cedar Point. A bigger GCI, yes.

Wasn't the Cyclone compact? From all the pics of the old track layout it doesnt look very large in terms of land usage.

Chris, the public wouldn't get it till they ride it. I remember the nay-sayers when they found out the size of Mavericks first hill, but look at the popularity now. It comes down to the layout, and overall ride, not ride size. This isn't directed at you, just in general, but you can't (or don't need) have a park full of towering skyscraper rides. The Maverick is a beautiful example of a excellent ride without the size.

80+ coasters and counting

AmazingMaverick, obviously you are a member of the GP and have no idea what you are talking about. CF staff have STATED that they won't get a flying coaster, so when you go around posting things that will never happen in 2011, it gets a little annoying. Go back to school. Throughout this thread I've seen you post numerous times about rides/attractions that are hypothetical.

Tim Seydell said:
Wasn't the Cyclone compact? From all the pics of the old track layout it doesnt look very large in terms of land usage.

Chris, the public wouldn't get it till they ride it. I remember the nay-sayers when they found out the size of Mavericks first hill, but look at the popularity now. It comes down to the layout, and overall ride, not ride size. This isn't directed at you, just in general, but you can't (or don't need) have a park full of towering skyscraper rides. The Maverick is a beautiful example of a excellent ride without the size.

And Intimidator 305 is an example of how having an incredibly tall ride with limited space isn't good. Blacking out on the first curve and all those neck-breaking turns weren't very fun; don't get me wrong, it was nice, but it made me appreciate Millenium Force a lot more. In ways of teenagers enjoying the ride............what could that mean?

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

^I think if I-305 were 100 ft smaller, it would be a great ride. I guess it would have been I-205 then.

In which case, it wouldn't have been 'I' at all. They would've had to name it "Gentle Waker Upper-205" instead.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I still think 205 ft is pretty intimidating. If Intamin could have done something instead of the huge banked turn after the drop. I like I-305, but it is very intense. Personally, Millennium is a better than I-305 in my opinion.

I kid. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a coaster slightly over 200', if it's done right (see Magnum), and everything wrong it it's not (see S.O.B.)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

coolkid2345 said:
I still think 205 ft is pretty intimidating. If Intamin could have done something instead of the huge banked turn after the drop. I like I-305, but it is very intense. Personally, Millennium is a better than I-305 in my opinion.

I305 pre-trim brakes on the first drop was a better coaster than MF.

Back on topic, I can't wait for the new ride at CP!

Did anyone notice that building that Cedar Point just built by Millennium Force's 2nd hill?
(2009)
http://cpcpcp111.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=92765725
(2010)
http://cpcpcp111.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=92765726
http://cpcpcp111.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=92765727

Last edited by !,

You mean the storage/maintenance building near StR?

Yes, it was noticed when they were building it. Welcome to March. ;)

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service