Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

They often are.

As protein spills.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I meant like:
Cheese on a Stick: The Ride!
New for 2011, reminisce with a Cedar Point classic as we go back in time to when the first Cheese on a stick stand opened on the Cedar Point peninsula. Climb aboard the 18 passenger cheese stick trains as you wind your way through chilling twists, turns and hills! And don't forget to open wide for the spectacular cheesy splash down at the end of the ride! Located in the Wicked Twister midway, this cheesetacular ride marks the first of it's kind ride that combines a park delicacy with ride technology to ensure a ride you'll never forget or leave with an empty stomach. Built by Intamin of Wollerau Switzerland, this new ride ushers a new era of ride/food technology.

:)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Dear lord, it couldn't be an Intamin.

The cheese would go bad before the ride ever opened. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Who are you kidding?

The cheese would be bad before it was delivered.

Goodbye MrScott

John

And it would cost 5 times as much as the same cheese sold outside the park.;)

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Five? Oh please we all know it's at least ten. ;)

Last edited by Minime15834,

-Mike

Okay, so I just had like an epiphany..well not really but still. Now this is really out there but just listen anyway..Dick said that it will bring back a lot of memories for "people who follow Cedar Point"...we are those people "following" Cedar Point...he didn't say that the memories were from a long time ago...did anyone think about all of the joyous memories we had just a year ago trying to solve all of the clues for shoot the rapids. Some people came up with some pretty interesting ideas regarding the whole Whyte Lightning thing and the upside down Millennium logo on the bottle and whatever. Maybe he could be referring to those memories. I saw somewhere that somebody said STR was originally scheduled for '09 and whatever this is was for last year. So maybe last year they already had all of the teaser stuff for this year figured out and showed us that instead...but like I said I'm really pulling this all out of nowhere so I'll stop rambling now and please don't hate me for giving a random suggestion. :)

-Mike

Sorry Mike, we all hate you now for suggesting that. ;)

Hmmmm...this is a quote by Kinzel we're analyzing, not James Joyce. I doubt that there is very much below the surface.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

TTD 120mph said:
Sorry Mike, we all hate you now for suggesting that. ;)

It's okay I was expecting it. :)

Break Trims said:
Hmmmm...this is a quote by Kinzel we're analyzing, not James Joyce. I doubt that there is very much below the surface.

Don't worry I thought of that too but then thought even someone like Dick Kinzel could have some people to tell him exactly what to say since I know he couldn't come up with something like that I'm sure.

-Mike

See the deal here is Marketing is a genius because it's OBVIOUS they had gave him those lines to say. I'm willing to bet they knew it'd get us in a tizzy. And I'm also willing to bet they knew (from inside sources and observations from sites like this) that we will over analyze every word he says to keep us further from knowing the truth until the very end. ;)

Pictures taken today. Kinzel was by the beach today and yesterday with 4 other people. Anyone care to explain on the pictures?

http://cpcpcp111.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=9511140

The stakes on the beach were there on July 4th. Not sure what the other pictures are of?

The white building you're focusing on in those pics is the Halloweekends Monster Midway Invasion Celebration float building. It's where they house the floats before and after the parades. Besides that, there's nothing new from those pics that we don't already know.

If the new ride is said to be by the beach, the markings may have something to do with it. And if you look at JUST the former Demon Drop area, there may not be enough room to put a big ride along with a queue. Did anyone think of the idea of redoing the section of beach that the public doesn't use?

I'm a huge CP fanboy, but I'm not as well versed in the history as I probably should be, so I won't comment on any past situations. However, here are a few things that I've been thinking.

A coaster along the beach would be a fantastic addition to the park, and it would probably bring some much needed traffic to that area as well. WT needs the traffic, for sure. Waiting in line for that, and being wedged in between two coasters would make for a fantastic few minutes. Alas, a coaster on the beach just doesn't seem plausible, this late in the season, and especially with the DT building in the way. And, as much as some people would like to see that ride go, when I visit CP it's almost always a wait time of at least 20 minutes, far longer than some of the other rides that are perceived as being more popular, like magnum or raptor.

Second, with analyzing the Kinzel quote, has anyone thought of writing the publication in which the quote appeared and asking if it was a misprint? For so much of the speculation to be resting on the possibility of one missing word, it seems as if it would be something worthwhile in pursuing. However, even that may not be neccessary. His stressing that the teen market would love the ride tells me that while it will be a 'thrill ride', it won't have the intensity that would keep younger, perhaps less adventurous teens away. I'm guessing a moderately intense flat ride, one that is a variation on something that Cedar Fair has had before. Coaster for 2012 seems likely.

Welcome to PointBuzz, Fanboy. :)

CanadianCPFanboy said:
Alas, a coaster on the beach just doesn't seem plausible, this late in the season...

Actually, building a coaster on the beach (not that I think it's what we're getting, though I do hope) would be pretty easy, compared to most projects that require land clearing before footers can be constructed. All they'd have to do on the beach is just start digging. With the exception of Maverick, many coasters built at CP have been constructed entirely in the off season. So there's actually plenty of time, especially if 2011's attraction isn't going to be a coaster.

Second, with analyzing the Kinzel quote...

If his quote came earlier in the season, or if the new attraction weren't being announced next month, I'd agree.

We're going to know very soon. :)

Brandon

Lance is now reporting the rumor that the new attraction may actually be some sort of next generation Intamin Starflyer. Which kinda makes sense and fits, come to think of it. Didn't the park have some sort of swing ride out on (or even in) the water, many decades ago? So it would decently match the whole nostalgia bit, would be near the beach, would appeal to teens, and wouldn't be a coaster. The only thing that it doesn't match up to is the clue about Intamin not being the designer.

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I agree it would be a good addition and fits the clues. But DK stated in an interview that the ride would not be built by IntaRide. Maybe he lied? :)

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Well, Lance says it's "semi-confirmed", so that must mean he's talking out of his ass.

As always.

But why would it be from Intamin? Couldn't it be from Funtime?

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service