Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

yes that's it thanks

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

!

Doesn't Funtime make this ride too? If so that'll give us all something to think about if we do indeed get a starflyer from them next year...

Last edited by Kyle2154,

So I noticed that in the video of the old Cedar Point they seemed to talk very highly of the Cyclone and it was mentioned quite a bit...seems to be a large part of CP history.

-Mike

^^Yeah, they make that ride as well. Funtime makes some strange looking rides if you ask me.

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

^^ All thrill rides are not coasters, it will not be from IntaRide.

Did I say intamin would build it? No, I didn't. And yes, not all thrill rides are coasters...doesn't mean none are.

And he said it would appeal to teenagers...I'm a teenager and a coaster is appealing to me. :)

Last edited by Minime15834,

-Mike

It will not be a coaster.

ugh...and again, did I say it was going to be a coaster? No, that's what is appealing to me. Oh and I thought of something...why are they announcing it so early if it's not going to be something big? Skyhawk was announced 10/31/05.

-Mike

lodmo, no one thinks you're cool for predicting what the thought trend already is at this point. Lots of clues out there are pointing to it not being a coaster, just saying that doesn't really add anything at this point.

It's possible that the park is sick and tired of the problems with getting new attractions running on time. They also want to correlate the announcment with the selling of '11 season passes. Whatever it is, even if it's not a coaster, could be something epic (like a 350' star flyer) that would require a LOT of prep to build. There are a lot of reasons they could be announcing the ride in mid-August.

Not to mention mid August is only about 2-3 weeks earlier than StR was announced last year.

-^What prep? I don't know why many people in the community think there is so much prep going into the new ride.They are marking fricking water and power lines. maXair and Skyhawk both had the same thing done to prepare for their ride. If there were footers or something I could see all the hype but there is not much prep work. A star Flyer would require the same if not less "prep work" than Skyhawk or maXair. Also, Shoot the Rapids and Maverick started their "prep work" +1 year in advance and they still opened late.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I think you all are really onto something with the Starflyer, with the seats being double, it fits in with the "teen" comment DK made. Excellent date ride.

I'm sure Dick didn't mean it like that. I'm sure he was talking about teens being interested in the thrill aspect of the new ride and not the opportunity it gives to get close to your ride partner. :)

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache,

If it were a flat:

1) Why would CP be doing prep work now? They could start prep work in March and have time for a flat.

2) Why would CP announce it August? They wouldn't need to start prep work in September for a flat, and a flat is not going to sell many season passes. (A coaster, OTOH, could need to start demolition/prep work in Sep and would help sell season passes.)

3) If it is a flat, why clear space near/on the beach AND DD's old space? A Starfler would only need one of the spaces.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

I'm hoping it's a ride from Moser Rides...now they have some cool looking rides. If they announce it soon it will probably be something big to get started on.... and one question when is Kinzel done??

Does anyone know the announcement dates from Skyhawk and maXair? What other rides were announced in mid-august?

And the Sandusky Register stated that it will not be built by intaRIDE, but the same company is referred to as IntaMIN when it comes to coasters.

maXair was announced December 1st

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

..and Skyhawk was announced October 31st '05.

-Mike

1) Why would CP be doing prep work now? They could start prep work in March and have time for a flat.

There is not any prep work of significance taking place at all. Unless you are looking for it, you would never know anything new is coming in 2011.

2) Why would CP announce it August? They wouldn't need to start prep work in September for a flat, and a flat is not going to sell many season passes.

Kinzel just said the whole reason for the August announcement was to tie it in with season passes. Any new ride would help "bump" season passes; i seriously doubt there is much movement in the season pass market from year to year.

3) If it is a flat, why clear space near/on the beach AND DD's old space? A Starfler would only need one of the spaces.

There is absolutely nothing going on in DD's space except grass and some new landscaping...for now. No stakes, no paint, no markers of any kind (wouldn't that be prep work?).

I'm just playing devil's advocate. I want a new woodie on the beach as much an anyone, I just don't see it happening in 2011.

Promoter of fog.

I came across this a little bit ago...

Tony said on twitter..."I'm still remembering my chat with Tyler..I asked if he could give an idea where it would be, he responded "There's a lot of spots!" :O

A lot of spots (maybe like dots?)..as in all of the sewage and electrical and water markings? This could possibly be referring to those.

Last edited by Minime15834,

-Mike

Not only would the announcement help season passes, but seeing something being built will draw people back to the park for next year. I'm with you Kevinj, I'd love to see it but it sounds like it's something else at this point. A new woodie has to be down the road sometime soon though, it's been too long.

Corkscrew Headache (by the way awesome username, lol) You're probably right, I'm just brainstorming here.

To all, does anyone know if anything has been announced this early? I lived in Florida when MF and TTD were released, but I thought most coasters are usually kept secret till the next year (?)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service