Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Just going back to the slim chance it's a coaster.

It could have it's station over by where ocean motion is, lift hill on the beach, head down the beach and over to, and circle around in, demon drops area and head back.

Basically just the same layout as earlier only with the station/lifthill in a different spot.

That could work, though according to some, it's literally impossible to build a coaster that traverses the "backstage" area behind the games without cutting off access to that area. Obviously that's not the case, though.

I'm curious to see how they utilize DD's spot. After seeing it bare & in person this season, it really is quite small. Perhaps, as many have speculated, Ocean Motion would be a good fit there.

Brandon

Obviously, I'd like to see as many rides saved/relocated as possible, but realistically, isn't Skyhawk kind of a mega-replacement for Ocean Motion? Obviously, there are kids who would rider the latter, but be afraid of the former, but I can still see that logic being used by the park, and the removal of OM altogether.

But it is curious, if there were no immediate plans for the DD site, why CP would spend the money for a lateral move of DD to a sister park with no existing gap in drop rides.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Ocean Motion is the type of ride every park should have. And as you mentioned, it's more family-friendly than Skyhawk, as OM has a height requirement of 39", while Skyhawk's is 48".

Brandon

Oh definitely. It really should be given a chance to be in a location where people notice it, as it's basically in hiding right now. A little theming (besides fiberglass boobs) would also be nice. Viking Fury at KI stands out among my early memories of that park, and it's the setting that made that ride look so exciting to a kid like me.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

It could also be the Giant Wheel that moves to DD's old space, clearing room for Ride 2011.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

If they follow the pattern of the last 5 years.....they got rid of a water ride (White Water Landing) for a new coaster (Maverick) then a few years later got a new water ride (Shoot The Rapids) to replace White Water Landing and last year got rid of a Thrill Ride (Demon Drop) for maybe a new coaster (GCI on or by the beach) next year??? and then in the next 2 to 3 years get a new Thrill Ride to replace Demon Drop.

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

djDaemon said:
Ocean Motion is the type of ride every park should have.

I agree. Along with a dark ride and a log flume. ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You know, I would bet money that Dick Kinzel thinks Disaster Transport is a "dark ride".

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Split951 said:
If they follow the pattern of the last 5 years.....they got rid of a water ride (White Water Landing) for a new coaster (Maverick) then a few years later got a new water ride (Shoot The Rapids) to replace White Water Landing and last year got rid of a Thrill Ride (Demon Drop) for maybe a new coaster (GCI on or by the beach) next year??? and then in the next 2 to 3 years get a new Thrill Ride to replace Demon Drop.

I thought we all agreed on no patterns?

-Mike

We never all agree on anything. Not even the value of cheese on a stick.

Ha yeah that's true.

-Mike

Ensign Smith said:

That's because the final cost of cheese on a stick depends on how well implemented national healthcare becomes.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Dammit, John. Why do you always have to bring healthcare into our cheese on a stick discussions?

EDIT: forgot the winkie. ;)

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

Oh, with you the winkie is always assumed, so don't worry about it. ;)

Goodbye MrScott

John

Ensign Smith said:

That's because you can't put a price on cheese on a stick. It's priceless. :)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Corn Dogs are better than Cheese-on-a-Stick :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Could we possibly get off cheese and back to the discussion? Just a suggestion :)

-Mike

I would say Gourmet Pretzels top them all, but the quality has been down the last few years.

Goodbye MrScott

John

^^What if cheese on a stick is involved with the ride? ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service