Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

[url][url]CW is still pushing the throttle: I can't believe it!

deeg - unless of course Funtime was in on it.

Of course, in taking part in some ruse by the companies involved, the Register would have thrown whatever was left of their journalistic integrity right out the window.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I honestly can't see Funtime agreeing to this, all this would do is make their company look bad. The only way I see them faking this is if Cedar Fair signed to deal with them for the future. Honestly there is no conspiracy, and if it is I have to admit it would be the best fake out ever in the amusement industry.

I could only see Funtime agreeing with this if the register promised to post a new article after the announcement saying that it was fake and that Funtime wasn't really a totally bad company. But it's true though, this would be a pretty good fakeout, however, I still (sadly) think it's real..

p.s. still no third clue yet.

Last edited by Minime15834,

-Mike

You know what, it wouldn't surprise me at all if B&M were part of it too. They could payoff Funtime with a $1 million or so to do this. Throw a little bit to the Register too. It could easily be a 300 ft invert by B&M.

I really hope you are kidding.

CP JUST POSTED A NEW CLUE

I don't get the new clue?

Last edited by crazy horse,

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Minime15834 said:
I could only see Funtime agreeing with this if the register promised to post a new article after the announcement saying that it was fake and that Funtime wasn't really a totally bad company. But it's true though, this would be a pretty good fakeout, however, I still (sadly) think it's real..

Do any of you really in your heart believe that this conspiracy scenario is in the least bit possible? Forget for a minute PLAUSIBLE...

It's not a trick... this is happening. There is no coaster. There never was. It was always going to be a Starflyer/Windseeker. The register just uncovered a story and did what journalists are supposed to do... they broke it.

I know we all want a coaster... but let's not let that desire place anyone in a padded room! It's getting crazy!

Wind Seeker Wind Seeker Wind Seeker. My hopes for a GCI Cyclone 2.0 just died.

Cedar Point needs a GCI!!!

pointperson said:
Wow, every year this stuff gets more and more crazy. I hope Funtimes isn't planning on working in the amusement industry too much longer, because what they just pulled there cost them a lot of points.

Defending your intellectual property, now constitutes a business ending decision? Interesting.

UpsideDown! :-)

Doing so in a way that upstages a potential customer does.

Goodbye MrScott

John

You don't need to reveal a company's capital improvement plan to a local newspaper reporter in order to defend your intellectual property. This is why "no comment" was invented.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

^Agreed, jugga...that article wasn't good for anybody involved.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

in_eden said:

Minime15834 said:

Do any of you really in your heart believe that this conspiracy scenario is in the least bit possible? Forget for a minute PLAUSIBLE...

It's not a trick... this is happening. There is no coaster. There never was. It was always going to be a Starflyer/Windseeker. The register just uncovered a story and did what journalists are supposed to do... they broke it.

I know we all want a coaster... but let's not let that desire place anyone in a padded room! It's getting crazy!

did you read the whole thing? I said that I do think it's real. I was just throwing out things that would show the only way whatsoever it could be fake. So please don't try to spell out things to me like I'm dumb. Thanks :)

-Mike

Walt said:
You don't need to reveal a company's capital improvement plan to a local newspaper reporter in order to defend your intellectual property. This is why "no comment" was invented.

This is true. I'm not sure why Funtime did what they did... onther than to spoil the party for CP. But what is interesting to me is that they are planning on suing CP, not Mondial... which leads me to believe that this is more of a breech of contract than copyright infringment.

The rational thing for Funtime to do would be to keep quiet. But what about any of this is at all rational! I mean... it almost seems as if they called the Register...

It appears Funtime has a legitimate patent on the ride, if they have already filed the suit the information is public already. But from the article it seems that Funtime is really angry that the deal they thought was already done, was apparently not, and was in fact stolen by a competitor. All Funtime is doing is defending their IP. Mr. Mirfin simply responded to an interview regarding a business deal gone bad, would anyone feel differently if this had been WSJ rather than Sanudsky Register?

ETA: Well I guess they haven't filed yet, but are still negotiating, this could be an attempt to leverage their negotiations. A licensing fee paid to Funtime is expected.

Last edited by UpsideDown,

UpsideDown! :-)

Anyone watch the video of the new clue? Side by Side? 1944?

I didn't really mean you Minime... yours was the last in a chain of posts discussing the possibility that this was a hoax... or some far-reaching conspiracy to cover up the big announcment of a roller coaster...

I didn't mean any insult.

Check the seating arrangements on the higher capacity "FunDial Wind Flyer" and the clue will make sense.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service