Cedar Point 2013

So on the blog Becca was just talking about the insane coaster wars show and threw in a little hint at the end. http://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/DVR-Alert-Cedar-P...-Next-Week There is the article and the little hint was "P.S. Hope the show gets a second season we might have new competitor to throw in the ring..." I know it's not a huge hint, but it's something.

^ I was just about to post that!

I'm sure there are a few people on here who are still doubting a coaster until we get an official announcement fro Cedar Point. So I would consider that a huge hint in my opinion!

Some of you act like you have beers with Walter and Claude.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

So what if we have? ;)

What I noticed most about that is the exclusion of a comma and an "a". Sounds like a caveman typed that (no offense to Becca, we all make mistakes). :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

So it's safe to assume we have no idea what this code means yet. Too many exceptions to our code-breaking... "well, if you flip a few numbers, and add 17 to one of them, and take out the year that Maverick opened..." Dimensions and speed is obviously wrong, and while the years seems close, it doesn't really get us anywhere.

No offense intended for Becca or whoever wrote the new code, but we can't assume it's that cryptic, seeing as how cryptography is a relatively unpopular hobby and they probably do want us to solve it. :)

The past two clues have been substitution codes, and have been relatively simple. But these numbers just seem like some sort of data to me. Here's what we've got: boxes, numbers, and a "loop" clue. Maybe something involving "brighten up your day?"

EDIT: I guess I shouldn't say "obviously" wrong, but it sure seems unlikely that a B&M Wing coaster is going to break 90 mph or be that steep. But it was also unlikely that TTD could ever get stuck at the top (or, as some vehemently defended, impossible...), and, well, there's that. CP's surprised us before. 90 kph is reasonable...

Last edited by P.M.,

--PM

BTW, Cedar Point just hinted on a new coaster on OnPoint. Make sure to read the PS AFTER the signature.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/DVR-Alert-Cedar-Point-is-on-the-Travel-Channel-Next-Week

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

^A little late. Read the first post of this page..

Blimst said:
^A little late. Read the first post of this page..

Opps...

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

^Oh, well. Just in case someone missed it, haha.

Does anyone know the exact date that CP will make the announcement? And how do you know whether or not Cedar Point meant to leak that "memo" to the Sandusky Register? By now, the odds are it'll be a wing coaster but as for me, I'm not 100% sure!

So i went to the point today...
Did some pretty in depth snooping and found nothing...

Well almost nothing... i took a stroll along the beach and looked over in the area behind dt to see if i could find something interesting.

There were a bunch of boats (oddly enough) wrapped in blue shrink wrap and some other junk wrapped up as well (looked like keepable valuables fron dt's storage)...

But...

Therre were 2 palettes that seemed different from the others, they looked much newer than all the rest, very large, wrapped in blue, and something told me it was different, so i snapped a photo... i will upload shortly

If you work for cp and know what it is, disband it, i dont want to start any false evidence upheaval

http://screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Hmm, very interesting.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

did anybody else notice how that 29 in the code could mean the day it is announced? DT closes that day

Leave the hypercoaster alone

TTD 120mph said:
http://screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Hmm, very interesting.

I'm more and more convinced that it will be Banshee.

Also that light blue color scheme wouldn't be too bad!

The wing-like image makes you think it'll be named after something that doesn't have wings?

Brandon

This is completely my opinion; I felt like the wing logo was a teaser representing it being a wingrider. I felt that the eyes were a teaser representing Banshee. The Banshee thing seems like it has some merit. My guess is as good as any and is probably as wrong as everyone else's

Sonic the Hedgehog?

NextGen89 said:

There were a bunch of boats (oddly enough) wrapped in blue shrink wrap and some other junk wrapped up as well (looked like keepable valuables fron dt's storage)...

I'm pretty sure that is Halloweekends stuff. But I wouldn't be for sure until you post the pictures. I know during the off season tour there was a lot of Halloweekends stuff in the blue wrap.

Heres the picture i took of the pallets behind dt:
Http://www.myupload.org/viewer.php?file=225u9jj3nzpxgzj049rg.jpg

All the rest of the stuff is just shrink wrapped boats and jet skis, the halloweekends stuff was on the other side, but thi pallet was just out in the open in the back by itself

Last edited by NextGen89,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service