Cedar Point 2013

Titandwedebil said:
But isn't that approach kind of awkward? You're hinting at a new coaster in a clue to a coaster for next year? It'd be like hinting at Millennium force when you're trying to hype people up about Magnum back in the late 80's.

I think the code might have to stand for rides, but if it does the 21 would have to be referring to 1921. I do find it strange that chaos and a carousel would be encoded, when they aren't coasters. I realize the idea behind the codes isn't to necessarily say it's a coaster, just to say it's a ride of some sort, but why go through the trouble of a code to do that when it really doesn't reveal anything?

For the first part, I got carried away. I was just showing CoasterKid20 my logic behind CF thinking far ahead. It had nothing to do with the coasters.

For the second part, this may be a false clue. They do drop some of those sometimes.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

If you do some math. you can end up with 1029. thats the day after the park closes. so maybe when the ride will be a announcement.

Didn't the news article say they were planning the big reveal for sometime in august though?

For the first part, I got carried away. I was just showing CoasterKid20 my logic behind CF thinking far ahead. It had nothing to do with the coasters.

For the second part, this may be a false clue. They do drop some of those sometimes.

Ah.

And yeah, they do.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Titandwedebil said:
Didn't the news article say they were planning the big reveal for sometime in august though?

What news articles???

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

thepoint4life23 said:
If you do some math. you can end up with 1029. thats the day after the park closes. so maybe when the ride will be a announcement.

The last day is 10/28

Last edited by SSL488,

Right so 10/29 would be the first day the park is closed for winter

thepoint4life23 said:

They already said an announcement will be in August,

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/252450/3/Cedar-Point-teases-about-...attraction

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/19019467/cedar-point-makes-speci...8.facebook

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I was thinking it might have something to do with ride specs...7 inversions, 91 and 97 could be max. speed/angle of first drop (too fast for a wing coaster?). As for 0, 21, and 2 I'm not sure. 0 g roll? As someone stated earlier, 21 could mean 210 foot drop. 2 tracks for a dueling coaster? Haha kidding...just thought I'd get the speculation pot boiling.

thepoint4life23 said:
Right so 10/29 would be the first day the park is closed for winter

I doubt they would wait that long to make a ride announcement.

Burns, those speeds are probably too fast for the coaster if it is only having a 170 ft drop, as said by the register.

Burns16 said:
I was thinking it might have something to do with ride specs...7 inversions, 91 and 97 could be max. speed/angle of first drop (too fast for a wing coaster?). As for 0, 21, and 2 I'm not sure. 0 g roll? As someone stated earlier, 21 could mean 210 foot drop. 2 tracks for a dueling coaster? Haha kidding...just thought I'd get the speculation pot boiling.

I think your right!

7 Inversions

91 Degree Drop

97 MPH

0 G-Roll

21 Stories Tall

2 Sides to Choose From

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

What makes you think you can get a 210 ft coaster with a 170ft drop go 97 mph?

How can it have a 0 G-roll when it has a train on each side? That's two different heart lines.

James

Coaster Boi said:

CoasterKid20 said:
^ Not me...you're crazy. There is more to parks than coasters. And obviously they don't plan that far ahead. You're preaching to the wrong choir.

First, if they could put a new coaster in every year AND still have money to do other park improvements, it would be the ideal park.

Second, there is one reason I can think that they would plan that far ahead. A record breaker such as a 500 footer.

How so? Other park improvements? We're talking about other types of rides. And these very rides need to be worth their return (hence the acronym ROI). Having a whole bunch of rides open in the same year could depreciate that. How about a history lesson...look up "Six Flags Worlds of Adventure" and then look what happened after adding, what was it 4 coasters in two years? That practically sealed its demise. Parks are a business and aren't just catered for building things all the time. Don't go and spend your allowance all in once place basically.

Top Thrill Dragster was planned 3 years in advance. Didn't go beyond that.

I wish this thing would be 21 stories high by the way...but I don't think it will be. We can always hope though.

I was wondering, what are the odds this thing does have a steep drop. It could be like a Dive Machine/Wing Coaster hybrid.

I was wondering, what are the odds this thing does have a steep drop. It could be like a Dive Machine/Wing Coaster hybrid.

I like the idea, but I don't think it would happen. We already have Dragster and Maverick with drops that are straight down.

^True, but imagine how much different of a feeling it would be if it was right after the roll at the top of the hill. Dive drop into 90 degrees. Sounds cool to me, haha.

Sounds cool to me too. I've always loved the steep hills, especially Maverick's.

or maybe they could even add a 90 degree drop after a brake run or something. I just don't like the idea of another 90 degree drop as the first hill.

Dragsterwiz said:
How can it have a 0 G-roll when it has a train on each side? That's two different heart lines.

X-Flight at Six Flags Great America has a Zero G-Roll...so it's happened with a Wing Coaster before.

As for not liking the idea of a 90 degree drop. All these drops have something different.

-TTD is followed by the same degree of incline. The drop is already done at some decent speeds.

-Maverick, the 95 degree drop sticks out above the rest.

-A rollover drop would be way different. Its like comparing all 90 degree drops to Dive Machines. Compare TTD to SheiKra or something.

Coaster Boi said:

I think your right!

7 Inversions

91 Degree Drop

97 MPH

0 G-Roll

21 Stories Tall

2 Sides to Choose From

97 MPH? That's crazy. Millennium Force at 310 doesn't even go 97 MPH. If you can get a coaster that drops 170 ft to go 97 MPH without a launch, tell me because I've never heard of that before.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

^It's just a false clue...haha ;)

On a brighter note, I love having an office job. Every now and then I can check in on here and see what the latest craze is.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

Maverick00 said:

Coaster Boi said:

I think your right!

7 Inversions

91 Degree Drop

97 MPH

0 G-Roll

21 Stories Tall

2 Sides to Choose From

97 MPH? That's crazy. Millennium Force at 310 doesn't even go 97 MPH. If you can get a coaster that drops 170 ft to go 97 MPH without a launch, tell me because I've never heard of that before.

LSM On the lift, like maverick.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service