Cedar Point 2013

That would be a mirror image of Corkscrew's blue track and white supports.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Yep. So far, I think that's the combination I like the most. I think someone posted one with metallic silver supports, which also looked nice.

I wouldn't mind seeing a color combination similar to Vortex at Kings Island. Only in this case, White track with orange rails with blue supports. By the way this photo is coming from my webshots account. Click here!

SSL488 said:
I think the coaster will mainly use the parking lot and the DT space, and then the queue/plaza will be where SS, the food, and possibly the games are.

I second that. I think SS is being removed primarily just for the entrance/queue space. I'm hoping that the majority of the space of the coaster being used is in the parking lot and the asphalt is ripped out and the surrounding area is landscaped. It would be good for future expansion 30+ years from now also when the next CEO gets tired of this coaster (hahaha).

If it is going to be at the rumored 170 feet tall I hope it has an actual drop instead of the half-loop turn around that X-Flight has. I hope it is a true drop from that height and a truly airtime filled rush. I am also hoping that the drop faces the park or water and not out to the parking lot but space does seem rather limited there.

I think the renderings we saw of the coaster in the Register showed a drop like The Swarm and X-Flight. I want a drop like that, we don't really have anything like that.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

It seems to me that with the space in that area and at the rumored 170 foot tall height, that kind of drop makes the most sense with the space they have. I cant wait to see the details and know for a fact that maybe a few early niggles with the design or glitches this will be a very solid ride as far as reliability and rider capacity will be concerned. IF it is the B&M and it has been rumored to be.

Last edited by clevelander,

Walt said:

Whenever a ride is removed, my motive is historical documentation. I wish they would have done a POV for White Water Landing. We can't help in the POV department, but Jeff and I will be at the park next week to give Disaster Transport the same coverage we gave Demon Drop and White Water Landing.

I'm glad to see the CP park history kept alive on here at least. That's why it pains me to see vintage rides/attractions torn down (Jungle Larry's, Earthquake, Funhouse, paddlewheel, etc.) I've seen about 30 attractions removed in my short time at CP. I used to be a big collector of CP vintage park maps (1970's etc.), and see now it's getting a bigger following on the net. Boy how the park has changed since then.
Anyhow my family will be there during next week also. Small world Walt, I live close to the electric power plant (off Rt.6 in Avon Lake) and we drive the scenic view on our way to the park. Thanks to you and Jeff for your hard efforts on the website and keeping these memories alive.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

jo linn said:
As a Cleveland kid that moved to Colorado PLEASE no denver broncos colored rides as I enter Cedar Point ...

As a Denver transplant, if the Browns knew how to closeout the Broncos they could have went to the Superbowl twice. I'm fine with Broncos colors.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

^ i find the scheme very dated and brady bunch.

Like a pair of tube socks

Last edited by jo linn,

It's all good, Manning is going to lead the Broncos to the promised land once again.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

clevelander said:
It seems to me that with the space in that area and at the rumored 170 foot tall height, that kind of drop makes the most sense with the space they have.

That's how I came up with the layout I did when I made my
Nolimits model.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I love the brick station and the track/support colors :)

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

The ^ characters I was referring to can be seen Here on the shipping labels.
http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/cpenthusiast/

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Where's the damn lake, Adam? Huh?

:)

Promoter of fog.

Good job Adam! Hopefully it's something like this!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I should add, Adam, that was rather enjoyable.

I simply cannot wait to take my first spin on Wild Eagle in November...we're taking a "cabin in the woods" family Thanksgiving trip. Not a fan of POV judgements, but I must say it does appear that these Wing-Riders give a very unique ride experience.

I just hope that no elements need to be removed from the ride before it opens. :)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:
Where's the damn lake, Adam? Huh?

:)

The same place where the scenery (buildings, logo, midway, etc) is that I had planned on making.....in my box of "Too lazy, I'll do it later......maybe." :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

He's saving that stuff for his next short film...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

And boy do I have an idea for one. :D

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service