Cedar Point 2013

Cedar Point just updated their FaceBook with a picture of some eyes. http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint To me they look identical to the Steel Force logo (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=steel+force+logo&num=10&hl=en&biw=11...0,s:0,i:75) or the previous Banshee logo that we were all talking about. (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=banshee+logo+cedar+point&hl=en&biw=1...1,s:0,i:75) They also had another hidden message and mentioned inversions.

Last edited by nycfann22,

That Crazy Dan said:
New Facebook update, with a very Raptor-ish pair of eyes and

Watch out for inversions and (!%!@@!#%(!@!!^ You didn't think we would give away 2013 THAT easy did you?

Yeah... the Banshee cipher doesn't work on this one, because all I got was "IAEABBACEIBAA".

They're telling us to watch out for inversions and FALSE CLUES. You have reverse characters and start from the back. i.e ( ^ = F), (! = A), (!@ = L)................I'm ready for the next clue.

I'm just glad there one point of the new coaster we don't know and that's the name. Atleast we get to have some fun with that. Those eyes do look like the Banshee and Steel Force eyes too.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

nycfann22 said:
To me they look identical to the Steel Force logo.

That they do.

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

D'oh, I forgot the part in the cipher about combining numbers for later-in-the-alphabet letters. Not that I would've figured to start in the back anyway. But I do suppose that's their response to people figuring out Banshee.

Looks maybe like a Raven to me kinda, I mean, it really could be anything, just made me think of a Raven

Wow, those are for sure the Steel Force eyes. yea the false thing was probably a response to all the Banshee stuff. I can't wait to find out what it is!!! Shouldn't be long!!!

Top 5: (1) Superman the Ride (2) Millennium Force (3) Maverick (4) Leviathan (5) Diamondback

Does anyone notice this strange coincidence: CP over the past 8 yrs has been removing all attractions added in the 80's in chronological order: 1982, White Water Landing, 1983, Demon Drop, 1985, Avalanche Run. I wouldn't read into it, but using this pattern, Iron Dragon is next on the chopping block followed by Magnum! LOL.

SkyhawkRaptorXL-200 said:
Wow, those are for sure the Steel Force eyes. yea the false thing was probably a response to all the Banshee stuff. I can't wait to find out what it is!!! Shouldn't be long!!!

As for those being Steel Force eyes...most everyone here knows that the Steel Force Logo was supposed to be the "Banshee" logo right?

It looks like it may be some sort of spirited bird or something.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^^If they get rid of Magnum there will be a riot.

Let's Get Weird.

Im thinking the eyes are a false clue, they are just laughing as us now :P

http://www.tour-the-point.com/Banshee.jpg

http://www.coaster-net.com/pics/dorneypark/steelforcelogo.jpg

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

How do you know that the Sandusky Register "leak" wasn't Bullcrap....(as in type of coaster/some stats) other than the SS and DT part?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

^we don't...

Fear Faire 2010-2011

JW Addington said:
How do you know that the Sandusky Register "leak" wasn't Bullcrap....(as in type of coaster/some stats) other than the SS and DT part?

My initial thoughts around this prompt me to question whether the Register may have reported false information, and I presume without knowing so. (Journalistic integrity?) Would Cedar Point really have leaked "false clues" in an effort to undersell their future product? Not so sure about this.

Regardless, it's all in good fun. :-)

2007 - Top Thrill Dragster
2005 - Magnum XL-200/Camp Snoopy/Monster/Witches Wheel

I there a possibility the new ride is a flying coaster? Cedar Point has been using the "flying" clues a lot and I thought that maybe the new ride could be a wing rider or flyer.

^I do not want a flying cloaster... thats just as likely as saying there tweet "Stay tuned 4 more clues" mean its going to be a 4th dimension coaster.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Fear Faire 2010-2011

Anonymous said:
Would Cedar Point really have leaked "false clues" in an effort to undersell their future product? Not so sure about this.

Regardless, it's all in good fun. :-)

At Carowinds they did in fact release false clues for our 2012 attraction. In front of Intimidator there is a large grassy field and they white steaks out there labeled HUSS GF for several days, and then vanished. We all thought we were getting a Huss Giant Frisbee, but in the end it turned out to be a Windseeker.

Top 5 Coasters #1 Millennium Force #2 Intimidator (Carowinds) #3 Top Thrill Dragster #4 The Beast #5 X2

Coasters I want to ride: #1 El Toro #2 Leviathan #3 The Voyager #4 I305 #5 Behemoth

Maybe "stay tuned 4 more clues" means there will be four more clues.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Whats weird is maverick already had footers and cleared land befote the press release. If its as big of a coaster as everyone says they must be planning to build it fast

Sounds like they have the construction schedule figured out since they are closing DT at the end of July. Maybe there is just less prep work to be done for this coaster? I would think most of the terrain is pretty flat given that it is already being used.

As for the marketing stuff...meh. This is the point where I'm tuning out until after the announcement. Anyone remember the Whyte Lightning from the Crystal Rock Bottling Company? That was a for a concrete-themed log flume with defective boats.

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service