Cedar Point 2013

Im sure after the last day of operation, the building will remain standing until all utilities are disconnected and out of service. Also, the price for scrap is up, so I'd imagine a lot of material will be pulled from the ride before major demolition takes place.

Who here thinks that DT will become a pile of scrap metal overnight? I do. I doubt they will try to salvage much from this ride. It will most likely be a case of, one day you see it, the next you don't. Maybe not exactly overnight, but definitely within a matter of days once the actual demolition process is started.

I would imagine they would try and demolish it as neatly as possible rather than bringing in a wrecking ball and smashing it. Wouldn't it be easier for them to remove the ride from the park if it was in more of a "neat" pile rather than a bunch of jumbled scrap metal that they would have to pick through?

I would imagine that the owners of the 3 other Intamin Bobsleds are interested in parts of Disaster Transport.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I'd be interested in buying them too. I call dibs on that shuttle the robots are always working on in the line queue. ;D

I'll bet they could make more money selling pieces online than scrapping it.

I call the laser looking generator in the middle of the que! Would look good in the driveway for Halloween! ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Scrap metal is big business. I doubt they'll find any buyers for the actual ride itself. The metal is probably worth more than dismantling it, moving it, and rebuilding it somewhere else. All the 1980's technology in there is obsolete. I'm sure whatever replacement parts the other operators of this type of ride need can be pulled very quickly.

I doubt the park will want to have that big of an eye sore for the remaining half of the season standing basically at the front gate.

I wouldn't mind to own the REJECT sign in the queue or the OVERHEATING sign in the pre-lift block.

Dear CP: please auction off the props & give part/all of the proceeds to charity.

Rig the reject sign to run on batteries, get a big chain and attach it to the sign, and wear that bling in the park for Halloweekends! ;)

Or you could buy four 6x6 walls and paint an 12E on the side. You'd for sure win the costume contest.

Last edited by SSL488,

I call the goofy neon Blue's Clues camera at the end of the repair bay.

SSL488 said:
Or you could buy four 6x6 walls and paint an 12E on the side. You'd for sure win the costume contest.

Take it to the next level and turn your kids wagon (if you have a child) into a Disaster Transport car, and have your kids dressed up in neon orange jumpsuits with a black light attached on the wagon to make it "pop"!

I have no idea how this all works once something is scrapped. For Instance when Cedar Point removed Wildcat and it was scrapped, does that mean they can re-use the scrap metal afterwards? Can they re-use the metal that was scrapped and turn it into something else? I know that seems like a weird question.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

They get money for the steel. Some one else scraps it and uses it over again.

Let's Get Weird.

I wonder if the money CP receives from scrapping the metal is put towards the new project.

99er said:
You might not see demolition for a bit. There is a LOT of stuff in there that needs to come out first. They might have already started but there is enough that it will take awhile to move it all. Plus everything from the ride that they might want to salvage.

When I mentioned the closure date to one of the ride ops, they said, "I guess that's why they said everything had to be out by the end of the month."

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Makes sense. But I still have to think they are going to take time to remove parts of the ride worth keeping. The park is notorious for hoarding.

Does anyone know what exactly is stored inside of DT?

Ride parts, vehicles, misc equipment, shipping crates, junk, etc. Nothing exciting, just stuff to help keep the park operational, a lot of stuff.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service