Cedar Point 2013

SSL488 said:
Does anyone know what exactly is stored inside of DT?

Avalanche Run!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

^ "like"

It was neat Friday night to be able to see the layout ahead of you again. Reminded me of 1985 when I got off the ride and said "Really?? That was it??!". When you can see the layout, it removes any of the "wow" factor the ride had left in it.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

It looks like google earth updated the images of cp

Google earth has windseeker and no wildcat... Google maps hasn't updated yet

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

When we went inside as part of the pointbuzz tour, I was surprised at how little was actually in there.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Is CP's Street View up yet?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

They clearly didn't take you everywhere then.

Just an offside question here....Has anyone seen a video, pov or otherwise video or pictures of Disaster Transport in the early 90's right after the renovation? I am looking for some kind of visual documentation of the ride as it was intended right after the remodel but have been unsucessful with the exception of an old TV commercial as well as the refresh that was done about 10 years ago.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

I've been looking for one too, but no luck. I'm thinking that maybe someone who has footage of it might upload it once they hear the news about its removal.

Do you think Troika will have to close for DT deconstruction, with it being so close and all?

Last edited by Parker23,

Parker

^I would say most likely. Guess we will find out after July 29th.

Top 5 Coasters #1 Millennium Force #2 Intimidator (Carowinds) #3 Top Thrill Dragster #4 The Beast #5 X2

Coasters I want to ride: #1 El Toro #2 Leviathan #3 The Voyager #4 I305 #5 Behemoth

I would guess that corner of DT might be worked on when the park is closed because of how close it is to a midway that can't really be shut down. So if that is the case, Troika Troika Troika could remain open.

Do you guys think the new coaster will have its own web page like Maverick did?

More than likely, it is a big thing as Maverick was. We haven't had a coaster in 6 years, I'm sure they will milk it for all it's worth.

Well then good! I like how they posted pictures of the maverick construction.

Might as well charge us to view the new rides website when it's released.... $5 seems like the fair price these days! ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I could see Troika being slightly moved but I'm sure it'll stay open.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I don't think they will be able to slightly move Troika amd still have it running for Halloweekends. Electric lines aren't usually able to be slightly moved when they are covered in concrete.

Corkscrew Follies said:
I don't think they will be able to slightly move Troika amd still have it running for Halloweekends. Electric lines aren't usually able to be slightly moved when they are covered in concrete.

Can't they just run an extension cord from the old site? That's what I would do! *

*please note the sarcasm

JW Addington said:
Might as well charge us to view the new rides website when it's released.... $5 seems like the fair price these days! ;)

As long as we get to see 'prehistoric' rides, then it's completely reasonable.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service