Cedar Point 2013

I really do want to see what's inside that hunk of metal... but not for $70...

Point Place: The New Unofficial Cedar Point Blog

http://www.pointplace.weebly.com

Some of these comments are brutal.

Really was hoping for some info today.

Last edited by Renegade,

I saw some people on Facebook guessing the name was Banshee. This would make sense: @!!$!(*%%

@ = 2 = B (2nd letter)
! = 1= A (1st letter)
!$ =14 = N (14th letter)
!( = 19 = S
* = 8 = H
% = 5 = E
% = 5 = E

I would love it if they brought back the name and stuck with it. It would really work for the Winged coaster that is rumored.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150924441556463&set=a.3191...462&type=3

Edited to include the Facebook link

Last edited by Dragster Joe,

If they went with Banshee would they change it again in 2014?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

No.

Let's Get Weird.

Wow, I can't believe that something constructive came out of a Facebook post.

Last edited by Lowkae,

"Banshee." In Irish folklore, a banshee was a female spirit whose wail was said to foretell a death in the family. After this definition was printed in a local newspaper, Cedar Point felt uncomfortable with it in its patrons' minds in association with the new coaster.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

I should start a thread on what the odds will be that unconfirmed 2013 project will be ready by June.

I could have swore that on the other postings about the name of the new ride,a really smart poster wrote that the name would be banshee. If only I knew who made that post.

Re: Any predictions on the new Wing-Coasters name?

How about "banshee"? I always thought that would be a good name for a coaster.
Last edited by the ffej man, Yesterday, 2:55P

Oh yeah, there it is. I thought I heard it somewhere.

There Facebook post said Disaster Transport & Space Spiral will be dismantled not removed so maybe they might relocate Space Spiral to a different part of the park, and move Disaster Transport to a different park.

I love Cedar Point

So I was looking around on Facebook and there is already a new page called "Save the space spiral at cedar point" that already has eight likes. How can people be so seriously heartbroken about an observation tower?

I am most likely making something out of nothing, but did anyone realize that Cedar Point said: Dismantled NOT Removed? I don't know, what do you think?

Dismantle is a nicer way of saying "tearing it down".

Well tell that to all the space spiral fans that are hoping for it to be relocated in the park.

If they couldn't figure it out on their own, it doesn't matter what I say.

SS would not be feesable to move. Its been in place so long that it is a maintenance nightmare. Metal fatigue?? It just isnt worth it. I'm betting that the plan has been all along that once Wind Seeker was in place, SS would be a moot point.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Cp 6092 said:
So I was looking around on Facebook and there is already a new page called "Save the space spiral at cedar point" that already has eight likes. How can people be so seriously heartbroken about an observation tower?

It may not be anyone's favorite ride but it is the Icon of the park - much like the castle at Disneyland. Everyone that I shared the news with replyed "that can't do that!" Doesn't mean they won't lol. I'm not saying it's the most popular ride but it has always been there calling to you before you enter the park and watching over you your entire stay. If I were just a roller coaster fan I might not notice this, but being a fan of the best amusement park that ever existed it's kind of a big deal. A new roller coaster is always exciting, but the removal of Space Spiral and the Paddle Wheel excursions last year diminishes the park experience. Both should have been renovated as necessary and maintained for as long as the park exists. There is plenty of space and other less important attractions to be shuffled or moved for necessary expansion.

Long time lurker who used to be JUMBO JET.

That is prime real estate. Right at the front of the park on a beach.

Cedar Point is planning on making a new icon, and I can't think of a better location. Edit - unless they go over the parking lot for a noticable amount of it.

Last edited by Renegade,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service