Cedar Point 2013

The first pieces of track have been delivered and spotted to the Breakers Express lawn!!!

What color???

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yeah, was joking... I wish though :-(

Cedar Point just updated with a photo and status on Facebook.

Cedar Point Facebook said:
Something big is happening. Disaster Transport & Space Spiral will be dismantled this season to make space for @!!$!(*%%. We're sad to see them go, but are excited as we fly into the future. Stay tuned for more!

This officially confirms the two rides are leaving.

Bold move for the park to use Wingdings font for the new coaster name lol

Last day for Disaster Transport is July 29th.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Well it looks like the name will be 9 letters

Here's a link,
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150924441556463&set=a.3191...462&type=3

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Interesting....

This just in from screamscape:

" .

B&M - (7/11/12) I haven’t heard much about this in some time,but I did get an e-mail this afternoon reminding me that B&M are still working on new exciting coaster projects. With the full scale international launch of their Wing Coaster design now behind us,I was reminded that they are still hoping to evolve the Wing Coaster design into their very own version of a 4th Dimension coaster style attraction,with rotating seats. Don’t look for this to happen next year,and maybe not even the year after that… but from what I’m hearing,they are working on it. Of course,this leads me to wonder about the other new B&M concept that we have yet to see or hear anything about in some time… the launched coaster. I had heard on good authority that B&M was indeed ready to start building launched coaster layouts and had come up with their own new launch system they were comfortable with. If I had to guess,I think we could see a launched B&M before we see the 4th Dimension. However,for either design,there has to be a buyer willing to take a risk and be the first to build "

Looks like what i said earlier about this potentially being a launched winged coaster is still in the realm of possibility. How awesome would that be? A 170ft launch and then a sweet layout... a bigger winged version of maverick b&m style

Disaster Transport is already getting the rose colored glasses on Facebook:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you cant get ride of either of them!!!!!!!!!!!! they are both part of cedar point history!!!!!!!......it better be a flying coaster!!!!! thats the only way to make up for it!!!!!

you would think with all the extra room you would just add more rides instead of tearing them down. Disaster Transport is still a great ride!

NOOOOO! I am indifferent about the space spiral, but Disaster is a fixture and cannot be taken away. It has actual history and was MANY people's first coaster!!!!

-----------------

Never mind the fact that Space Spiral has more history.

And here's the best post:

Not another winged coaster -_-

-------------------------

Yep, all 2 of them in the United States. So overdone. Wish they would put in a nice giga coaster - oh wait. Maybe a standing? Nope. Inverted? Oh wait.

Last edited by Vette,

NextGen89 said:
Interesting....

This just in from screamscape:

" .

B&M - (7/11/12) I haven’t heard much about this in some time,but I did get an e-mail this afternoon reminding me that B&M are still working on new exciting coaster projects. With the full scale international launch of their Wing Coaster design now behind us,I was reminded that they are still hoping to evolve the Wing Coaster design into their very own version of a 4th Dimension coaster style attraction,with rotating seats. Don’t look for this to happen next year,and maybe not even the year after that… but from what I’m hearing,they are working on it. Of course,this leads me to wonder about the other new B&M concept that we have yet to see or hear anything about in some time… the launched coaster. I had heard on good authority that B&M was indeed ready to start building launched coaster layouts and had come up with their own new launch system they were comfortable with. If I had to guess,I think we could see a launched B&M before we see the 4th Dimension. However,for either design,there has to be a buyer willing to take a risk and be the first to build "

Looks like what i said earlier about this potentially being a launched winged coaster is still in the realm of possibility. How awesome would that be? A 170ft launch and then a sweet layout... a bigger winged version of maverick b&m style

This could also go with my previously suggested plan of a 4th dimension coaster, although it does say that it will probably be a few years before B&M releases a 4D.

So they're putting in Q-Bert: The Ride for next year, I see.

And honestly I'd rather a traditional lift hill; I know the trend is for launched, but we haven't had a 'normal' lift hill at CP since Mantis, and sometimes you just want that suspenseful build-up, you know?

That Crazy Dan said:
So they're putting in Q-Bert: The Ride for next year, I see.

And honestly I'd rather a traditional lift hill; I know the trend is for launched, but we haven't had a 'normal' lift hill at CP since Mantis, and sometimes you just want that suspenseful build-up, you know?

The build up only really works on big drops IMO. Winged coasters aren't usually that tall, so, like Maverick, a launch would be fun! First time on Maverick it surprises you. Launch turns the normal, slightly boring, chain ride into an actually fun part of the ride. Chain ride is great on racing coasters though, but I doubt a racing wing coaster is in the work. I can only wish though, I love chatting with the other train on Gemini.

Last day for Disaster Transport is July 29th.

How do you know? ;\

^It was announced at CoasterMania.

After the park closes, there will be a "Last Charity Ride".

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Shoot the Rapids had a traditional lift hill. ;)

Let's Get Weird.

^ Two of them :P

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

CoasterKid20 said:
^It was announced at CoasterMania.

After the park closes, there will be a "Last Charity Ride".

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/disaster-transport-makes-final-launch-for-charity-2012-07-13

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

This Facebook poster wins:

Maybe there's so much demand for the dinosaur exhibit, they are putting in a second one! LOL

Last edited by Vette,

^That's great hahaha

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service