Cedar Point 2013

I'm going to have to take a lot of rides on Mean Streak at CoasterMania tomorrow. I want to see how the construction is going for the new haunt going in the infield :)

When I was riding Mean Streak, I looked inside the infield and I saw several coaster trains like Gemini, Corkscrew, and even WildCat's old cars (which looked repainted.)

Last edited by CedarPointTaylor,

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Were the WildCat cars painted like new? Or were they given more of a scary Halloweekends painting? I can totally see them using the WildCat cars as props.

won't they have to put another path under MS if they are going to have another haunt on the infield? They won't be able to use the existing que line would they?

You would probably go in the same spot under the track but in the infield have it split off somewhere

So TI is going under maverick and another inside mean streak? If we know one's going in mean streak, then I'm pretty sure they'd have to close the ride when the haunt opens up for the night, haha.

Maybe they will split up the path somehow. One line to the new haunt, one to mean streak, but I think that would just confuse the general public.

No loss there if they had th shut Mean Streak down for the night, haha. That ride is TERRIBLE!!!

There is another access point to MS's infield, though I believe it is usually used for "back of house" purposes. They could use that for access to the haunt.

Brandon

Where would the entrance be located for this "back of house" path in conjunction with the midway?

After you cross the RR tracks and approach MS' entrance, there's a backstage path to your right (behind a gate) that leads through the ride structure and into the infield.

Brandon

Gotcha.

djDaemon said:
There is another access point to MS's infield, though I believe it is usually used for "back of house" purposes. They could use that for access to the haunt.

That's what I was thinking. That's basically what they did with the Blood on the Bayou exit.

You can see the backstage path in the upper half here. The two trucks on the right are parked on the park side of the gate.

Brandon

I wonder how much space they are going to use for the new haunt. It looks like they have quite a bit of land to work with. Hopefully it will go as close to the maintenance building as possible.

Corkscrew Follies said:
My fondest memory of AR/DT was driving up the causeway in '85 thinking it looked so cool and couldn't wait to ride it. After waiting 3 hours to ride it my dad and I got off and both said that sucked simultaneously. Thats how I'll remember it.

My thoughts exactly. I was lucky enough to be just old enough to ride the Euclid Beach Flying Turns before that park closed. That is still one of my all-time best coaster experiences, it was an incredibly exciting ride.

When Avalanche Run was announced, I was expecting a modern version of the Flying Turns. What a let down! The ride was a total snoozer, and I couldn't believe how they were able to take a great concept that was similar to Flying Turns and make it such a dull experience.

I'm not at all sad to see the ride go. I think the new coaster will be fantastic and Decker's design will make the area beautiful and pleasant to be in.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Those of you who are there will have to keep those of us who cannot be in touch with any news that is unveiled today. :)

If any...

Promoter of fog.

Someone posted on cp's Facebook he has friends there, said there be a special announcement during lunch.

I think they're going to announce Diaster Transport and Space Spiral will be closed for "future attractions". Even though I'm sure every person there knows what's coming.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I hope its more than just that. I wish i could be there!!!!

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service