Cedar Point 2013

Break Trims said:
DT will get the rose-colored glasses treatment in its wake. See, e.g., every discussion of White Water Landing, 2008-present.

What do you mean by rose-colored glass treatment?

You see, Shawn, long ago, prior to amusement parks just being in it for the money, there was a wonderous flume ride. True, to the untrained eye, it looked like any other flume ride of its vintage, but it was so much more. Families would congregate on it, and sing the praises of simply being together, and there is now nowhere in the park that they can do this.

The water that flowed around the fiberglass logs contained the very elixir of life, and it was said that chonic ailments would disappear when the water sloshed into passengers' socks as the lift belt ever-so-gingerly took the boat up the chute.

Kings and queens would abdicate their crowns just to...

...Ok, that's about as much effort as I'm putting into this.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

It means that they made it sound like the greatest thing in the world.

Mike, I will miss DT only because one of my students this year has a phobia of rides in the dark, and now there is nothing in the lineup for her to tackle. :) I was actually counting on it.

Perhaps I could throw her on Magnum with a blindfold?

Promoter of fog.

Sounds like a side trip session to KI or KW might be in order...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Kevinj said:
Mike, I will miss DT only because one of my students this year has a phobia of rides in the dark, and now there is nothing in the lineup for her to tackle. :) I was actually counting on it.

Perhaps I could throw her on Magnum with a blindfold?

Or you can just send here on Maverick when the sun goes down. I love riding it when it's dark. It is like a totally different ride!

True, Mike...eh...something tells me a dark ride is in the park's very near future.

And SSL488, that's actually not a bad idea. :) It will be October, so it will get dark quick.

Promoter of fog.

^ And just think... Terror island will be in the Maverick infield so it will be loaded with fog too!!

.....Actually, maybe it won't have as much fog. I would assume that a lot of that fog would end up hanging around in the station. Would that be considered a safety hazard or something? Maybe for something like impairing the operators vision? I don't know. What do you guys think?

^That is a pretty good point. This might sound a little silly, but if the problem was going to be that bad, the station could have pirate themed flags (act as a curtain) on the exposed parts of the station to block out the fog.

^ That could definitely work. I really hope they are able to use at least a decent amount of fog. The fog adds so much too the haunts.

Entertainment will crank up the fog and Operations will complain so it will be turned back down again. Happens every year at various rides around the park.

That station is pretty high off the ground and usually has a decent breeze blowing through it. I don't think it'll be an issue.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

The fog is what made Terror Island my favorite "haunt"! You couldn't see your hand in front of your face a good chunk of the time, giving the screamsters the perfect conditions to do their thing!

Just thinking of the new location worries me that it will no longer have that fog effect. Just like the fright zone when the wind is blowing off the lake, big dead spots where the fog is non existent .

Damn Dinosaurs! Shut that attraction early and let the Pirates overtake the island again!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

If the wood "shell" that Mean streak creates acts as any sort of wind barrier, we might not have to worry so much about drifting fog. Also, my guess is that Mean streak will just be closed when TI opens for the night, I'm sure it won't be a great loss to close it early, as I'm sure we can all agree it's one of the most unpopular rides at the park.

Why would mean streak be closed? TI is going where maverick is.

Maybe, cause MS has been closed for the last 3 halloweekends or has it been only the last 2. Either way I'm sure it will closed again this year.

it would be awesome if they use the MS infield for a haunt. i think it would be a good idea. but, as stated ^ they have already told us that TI will be under Maverick. MS was closed the past two or three HW'S but it was because of maintenance issues. If MS could have been open I am sure they would have had it running.

Last edited by Mikeybo2004,

2008 visits = 38, 2009 = 19, 2010 = 11, 2011 = 14, 2012 = 10, 2013 = 14, 2014 = 14, 2015= 13, 2016 = 11, 2017 = 5, 2018 = 3

Why would MS need to be shut down for whatever haunt is going in there?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

MS seems to be having much better ridership this year. This was the first year I've seen them have all three trains running, pretty much non-stop for the whole week I was there in June.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

MS was shut down last year to start the off season track maintance and the year before due to a fire. It hopefully will be open this year.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service