Cedar Point 2013

djDaemon said:Is that true? As far as I recall, the only response from CF to the leaked info was that an announcement would be made "later this summer" (per Bryan Edwards - source).

My bad, you are correct. Funny thing was that I thought I read it wrong but was too lazy to check it again. Guess that's a consiquence of late night posting. :)

And technically speaking, July 13th isn't even 1/4 of the way through the summer. :)

And here I thought my comment would have saved me from having to be any more specific. How naive I am. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I figured the mis-read was attributable to wishful thinking. :)

Brandon

My understanding is that Space Spiral may remain operational a bit longer than DT--possibly until the end of the regular season.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

you could drive up to the parking booth before someone yells at you

Yelling is probably over the top and would not look good for the park image. I'm sure they just tell you the park is closed and show you where to go to leave

They'll probably just leave it up to the moose out front.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^ HA!

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The moose said you're closed, I say you're open

I think SS could easily be preserved and I think it should BE. It doesn't take up much space, why not move it? I think the center of the BS midway would make a good spot for it. Plenty of room over in a somewhat dead area.

Ensign Smith said:
For those of you considering a last hurrah on Disaster Transport, time might be even more of the essence than had been thought. As of today, my current understanding is that the ride may be closed to begin demolition work in as little as two weeks.

I heard the same thing last night at the park. I was taking pictures of the surrounding rides in that area when an employee told me that I should get my final rides in because they will be closed in 2 weeks! So maybe there will be an announcement soon?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Former Screamster
'08 Terror Island
'09-'10 Fright Zone

Oh wow, glad I took my last ride on it this past Saturday.

I think I'll ride it one more time when I go to Cedar Point on Friday for Coaster Mania. I heard a rumor going around that Disaster Transport/Avalanche Run may be heading to Michigan's Adventure for 2013. Please note: This is just a rumor I heard. If that is true, at least those of you that live in Michigan will be able to ride it in the future. :)

That would be nice for Michigan's Adventure. It really is in need of a new coaster.

Corkscrew Follies said:
CanadienPointKid, the basic definition of decadent is the decline of morality in society. Thats why I posted I liked the idea of a decadent station.

I was using the term as meaning "luxuriously self-indulgent", which is the word's second use.

Fav Coaster credits of 2012 season...

The Voyage, Leviathan, Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, The Legend, Flight of Fear

I don't think some NIMBY's around MiA would be happy about AR/DT coming there. The ride is fairly loud.

But the amusement park is already in their backyard. :) I think it would be cool to see it open air at MiA. Though I believe it's extremely unlikely.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Cp 6092 said:
That would be nice for Michigan's Adventure. It really is in need of a new coaster.

What? When did attendance start dropping?

Brandon

^Plus, would the folks up there really want a coaster from the 80's that is mediocre??

At this point, I think fans of MA would take anything they can get. I would be happy with an entrance on the water park side and a path connecting the back of the park!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I would think the managers at MA would be less concerned about the mediocrity of DT than they are about its purported maintenance costs.

MA fans have been turning out in huge numbers, so they're clearly happy with what the park has to offer currently.

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service