Cedar Point 2013

Blimst said:
Here is one showing it:

http://sadpanda.us/images/134885-NAHSZ0Q.jpg

That's my map. :-) I wish I had a better scanner.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

NextGen89 said:
Heres that potential footprint I mocked up. If this is the case... then this coaster is going to be Huge! The footprint looks to be 3/4th the size of magnums

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/cpaltwinged.jpg

Now i wonder if we can fit 4600 ft of track in there and in that 25 million dollar budget.

So far we know we have a drop around 175ft and a barrel roll over the front gate... i wonder if it will be incorporated with the gate with a head chopper element like xflight. That would be a sweet front gate statement.

All in all... looking at that potential area... this coaster couldd seriously be a monster. Which is good because im getting sick of short ride times (which this will have the longest of its kind as well. What is wild eagles ride time?

Where did the barrel roll over the front gate come from?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I really hope that this new coaster has some good theming to it, because that's the one thing nearly every coaster in the park is lacking, theme. I would've loved to see DT in it's hayday, right after it got renovated when all the effects were working.

^^I hope not from my NoLimits model, because that's pure speculation on my part.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Jeff said:

Well that was pretty silly. (not riding Wild Eagle) You missed out one of the only new rides that really impressed me in years.

I knew that comment was coming (hahaha!). There aint nothing worse than standing in 2+ hour lines in 105 degree weather with bratty kids. I know CP's will be better also and I would of rode it if I didn't hear about this coaster coming next year first.

NextGen89 said:
This coaster couldd seriously be a monster. Which is good because im getting sick of short ride times (which this will have the longest of its kind as well. What is wild eagles ride time?

About 1:50 if you don't count the 45 seconds of going up the first hill.
CP's hopefully will be a longer ride time.

Pete said:
CPfan, the Sky Ride was operating before the Frontier Lift was built, CP had both lifts running for a number of seasons. Frontier Lift was removed when Iron Dragon was built.

Yeah, I know. I used to ride the Frontier lift all the time growing up. The view was boring with all of the trees. I don't miss it as much as the Sky Slide. I still have some old pics of both in my CP album. You can still see where the Frontier lift cars went into the station when you get off of the Mine Ride and look up to the right. (its boarded up now). I distinctly remember them relocating the Western Cruise (paddlewheel excursions) entrance when Iron Dragon was built and the lift being totally gone.

On another note, before they tear down the Disaster Transport, how many people would like to see them tear off the outer building and the top enclosure tubes FIRST and then be able to ride it uncovered and out in the open (like it used to be when it was Avalanche run) before being totally demolished? That was a way better experience for me personally. Just my two cents.

^^ I would have loved to ride it before it was enclosed, from the pictures I've seen, it looked like it would be a lot more exciting

Disaster Transport was the first roller coaster I rode. It was back when my dad was still able to walk, so it has a special place with me. The themeing was awesome when I was a little kid...all the conveyors belts, the talking robot, the fake welders, the screens on the ride itself to look like explosions. I miss that ride compared to what it is today.

Has anyone thought that the new coaster could be branded and themed as a Disaster Transport 2.0 (except outdoors). They could still use part of the building for the queue, and I feel like you could come up with some interesting theme elements for the ride.

The only thing I had heard about re using any part of the DT building is for the transfer track. B&M really encourages having a covered transfer track. If you think about it, Mantis is one of the only B&m's out there that does not have a roof over the transfer track.

Or maybe keeping the DT area as the station? Why tear down the entire building if you don't have to? Take down the white tubes and maybe part of the structure but leave most of it intact as one large, cooled, open area for the station and part of the queue.

I know that Cedar Point has reused stations before, Maverick is now using what was White Water Landing's station building as its queue

I believe Jeff said before that DT is too small to be used as a station because Winged coaster platforms are huge. I wouldn't really want to keep any part of that building. Why keep it when it looks like that?

Exactly, that building is just ugly. Nobody wants to continue looking at any part of it.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

samosuband said:
^^ I would have loved to ride it before it was enclosed, from the pictures I've seen, it looked like it would be a lot more exciting

You didn't miss anything, the ride is a lot more exciting indoors in the dark. Avalanche Run was a fairly boring ride.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

SSL488 said:
The only thing I had heard about re using any part of the DT building is for the transfer track. B&M really encourages having a covered transfer track. If you think about it, Mantis is one of the only B&m's out there that does not have a roof over the transfer track.

Sheikra has no covering over the transfer track ;)

Most B&Ms don't have a roof over the transfer track. They do however typically have a roof or enclosed building over the maintenance track.

Any scenario where they leave up any part of that ugly building would be a fail regarding the new coaster.

We're all excited to finally have a beach view opened up, but wait!, the box is still there

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service