Cedar Point 2013

Whoa hold on here twistedwicker. I did read your post and if you look again, I was actually agreeing with you.....in my own way. There seems to be some confusion here so I'll lay my points out plainly.
First, the notion brought up that the station could be somewhere located at the front of the park is kind of silly IMO. Putting it there wouldn't be a good way to spread out the crowd. If DT goes, then what would be the point of not putting a star attraction there to bring the crowd to that area of the park?

Plus, we don't know exactly what the layout is anyway. The leaked one could very well be a rejected version or it could be the real thing. IF it is, then the only plausible location for the station would be around where DT's station is now. And even if it isn't, there doesn't seem to be many places in the suggested ride area, for a station following a 170ft lift. Sure they could put it somewhere in the parking lot, but that hardly makes sense to me. I know you didn't initially make this point but I wanted to put my input on it anyway.

Second, to my understanding (from reading your posts), you seem to be suggesting that the new station would somehow still be obstructing the view of the beach. Well, given that the new station wouldn't be the size and scale of DT, it WOULD open up the view to the lake dramatically. What I'm trying to say is that no matter what becomes of that area, a 100% unobstructed view is not going to happen. The viewing pleasure would come not only from standing in the station or riding the ride (like with WT), but also from having a clear backdrop when looking at the ride (like WT). So it would be exactly similar to what WT has.

And lastly, you are right to say that we shouldn't hold what the memo says as a definitive measure of what that $25 million is going to cover. This has already been discussed. In fact, we talked about it before the leaked info was made news. It was said that a $25 million capital investment was being made. Most of us are aware that the ride and anything else done to the park is part of the "investment".

Hope that clears up what I'm saying......even though it's a long read and I didn't realize it's 430am........ -_-

::edit:: Also what 99er said.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

TTD 120mph said:
Plus, we don't know exactly what the layout is anyway. The leaked one could very well be a rejected version or it could be the real thing.

What leaked layout are you referring to?

Obviously, the official layout that Adam himself leaked...

;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^ The layout from the sandusky register.

^ You mean the supposed layout of a coaster that hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Yes, That's what I mean. I do believe that the layout in the register is accurate for the most part. We will just have to wait and see.

I wasn't aware there was a layout in the Register. Was it only in the print addition or are we talking about what was written about a layout? If there is a pic, I'd love to see it.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Ensign Smith said:
Obviously, the official layout that Adam himself leaked...
;)

I've done no such thing. ;)

And here's the picture for those wondering.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/files/www2.sanduskyregister.com/ima...oaster.jpg

That was really in the register?

The Sandusky Register. Proud users of Mario Paint since 1992.

Promoter of fog.

+1

From the path that picture shows, it doesn't appear to even be close to where SS currently is.

My guess is that where SS sits is where the entry plaza will be for the new coaster. That way it is the first thing you see when walking towards it from the main midway.

It just amazes me how all of a sudden so many people on here work for the Cedar Point's Planning and Development team and they know where the entrance plaza, station, this, that, and the other thing is going.

As for 99er's response to me on page 62, Yes I am suggesting that it will block the view if the station is placed where DT currently stands. Also, I will suggest that with your theory about the placement of the ride, I think you're forgetting all of the restricted areas that will be surrounding the ride's station, lifthill, block brakes, low to the ground areas, etc. which will forbid any beach views if it's placed in the area you're suggesting it will go.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

99er said:
My guess is that where SS sits is where the entry plaza will be for the new coaster. That way it is the first thing you see when walking towards it from the main midway.

I hope so, and I hope the queue line is around the area. It'd be a lot more enjoyable to watch Windseeker, MaXair, and Wicked Twister from the line. Plus it could add some more excitement to Wicked Twister, launching towards a crowd of people instead of a big box.

The whole area around there definitely needs this ride. That corner just feels under-used.

--PM

I think what some of us are simply saying is that the removal of the building that houses DT itself will, in essence, "open up the view" of the beach. I don't think Adam is suggesting that suddenly you will walk in the park, look to your right and see open waters.

Regardless of how big the station is, it will be an improvement, and will be an "opening" of the view.

In Ouimet's own words, open is a verb, not an adjective. Removing DT, then, is opening the view, to a very significant degree.

And none of us, to my knowledge, know exactly what will be done in and around the area, especially if Space Spiral is also removed.

Promoter of fog.

TwistedWicker77 said:
It just amazes me how all of a sudden so many people on here work for the Cedar Point's Planning and Development team and they know where the entrance plaza, station, this, that, and the other thing is going.

At what point did anyone of us say anything was definitive? We're simply guessing based on the information that is given......which could very well be drastically different when it's announced. So making snarky remarks as part of some kind of retort doesn't really help you. We all have to keep in mind that there are very few on here who have actual knowledge of what's coming and they won't speak. So accusing that guesses/remarks from others that might contradict your own are somehow the same as being part of P&D is a very childish way to go about it.

As for 99er's response to me on page 62, Yes I am suggesting that it will block the view if the station is placed where DT currently stands. Also, I will suggest that with your theory about the placement of the ride, I think you're forgetting all of the restricted areas that will be surrounding the ride's station, lifthill, block brakes, low to the ground areas, etc. which will forbid any beach views if it's placed in the area you're suggesting it will go.

Please keep in mind that I don't mean anything negative by this but I think you're taking this whole "Open up the view" thing a little to literally. ANY part of the coaster that occupies the DT plot will be obstructing the view of the beach........period. But please keep in mind the kind of obstruction, myself and others are describing, that this new ride will make in that area (what ever that case may be in regards to it's layout) can never and will never be the same as what DT does now......even taking into factor things like low zones and restricted areas.

Wow, Adam nailed it. That is almost the exact same response I was going to give on both his comments. Thank you, Adam:)

Like Adam said, anything that is built there will block some of the view of the beach but nowhere near what DT does. Look at Raptor and how the queue is under the block/transfer, B&M does well with keeping their coasters off the ground to allow space under. Plus B&M supports do not really block much of anything, especially on their lift hills. Also for all we know, the park could build a midway that starts at Wicked Twisters front spike and run it along the beach to the rumored first drop of the coaster. That would provide a very wide, unobstructed view of the beach. Point is, we don't know exactly what it will be but we do know that if DT is removed, there will be a view of the beach again no matter what is built there.

Last edited by 99er,

TwistedWicker77 said:

It's a little thing called imagination and speculation. None of us are saying "This is FOR SURE going here," we're just having fun with it until the final information comes out.

Glad I could save you the typing time 99. :)

TwistedWicker77 said:

... are you new here?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service