Cedar Point 2013

SSL488 said:
...B&M really encourages having a covered transfer track. If you think about it, Mantis is one of the only B&m's out there that does not have a roof over the transfer track.

Funny that this is mentioned considering my post and others bashing about it 3 pages ago. :)

Anyways, the beach view is going to be awesome! I can't wait for that building to be torn down altogether so this generation can see the view that has been missing for years.

The only way we'll get a beach view is if the coaster station and coaster are located WAY tomthe right towards the parking lot, and if the happens...What do you do with that space between Giant Wheel and the new coaster? My point is, I don't think we will be getting a totally unobstructed beach view. It will most likely end up like the view we get from the midway looking at Wicked Twister. Even if there isn't a coaster there, there will probably be at least some lights and trees or games in the way. Anything, of course will be a huge improvement over the warehouse.

Last edited by CPcyclone,

Looking at the potential area, i see the station being within the vicinity of demon drops footprint, or between space spiral and that location diagonally

^ Exactly what my thoughts are! Who even said the station was going to go where DT is anyways? I remember Ouimet making references to opening up the view of the beach. Not putting a roller coaster station there again to block it.

Wonder why that would mean removing two rides then? Unless it does it's final turn around in that area?

Just because he said "opening up the view" doesn't mean that it would/will be obstructed in some way. Any new ride in that area couldn't even touch the kind of obstruction that Disaster is. So getting rid of the box and putting a new ride there would absolutely be "opening up the view". Heck, I get excited just thinking of what a massive wing coaster will look like while looking out towards the lake. It'll be amazing.

And anyone still thinking they could do something with the former DD spot needs to go to the park again and take a good long look at what is already taking up that location. There's nothing more that needs to be added to the spot aside from a possible footing for the new ride.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I share your excitement Adam. Especially with this specific coaster design, there is a lot they could do with this location and the ride experience.

Perhaps Coastermania will reveal some more details?

Promoter of fog.

^ thats what I was thinking Kevin. either coastermania or snoopy's birthday.

^Snoopy's Birthday will just be the grand unveiling, of the new for 2013 chocolate chip cookies!!

But, yeah, I am too hoping we get some kind of speaker talk about the new ride and a complete confirmation.

Or at least an official announcement date. That would be good enough if they don't plan on unveiling the official details this early.

Yea. I only mentioned it because of Kinzel's remark last year, but I don't think the park planned on the Register leaking the ride, etc....plus apparently (as Jeff alluded to earlier) it's not "all of the story"; that is, it seems there is more to the story than what most of us know.

Promoter of fog.

That's IF what little we know is actually accurate.

Shawn Meyer said:
Wonder why that would mean removing two rides then? Unless it does it's final turn around in that area?

I'm sure within the course of the ride, it will make it's way over to that corner but that doesn't mean the station is over there. I mean why did they have to move Giant Wheel for Millennium Force? The station didn't take it's place.

TTD 120mph said:
Just because he said "opening up the view" doesn't mean that it would/will be obstructed in some way. Any new ride in that area couldn't even touch the kind of obstruction that Disaster is. So getting rid of the box and putting a new ride there would absolutely be "opening up the view". Heck, I get excited just thinking of what a massive wing coaster will look like while looking out towards the lake. It'll be amazing.

And anyone still thinking they could do something with the former DD spot needs to go to the park again and take a good long look at what is already taking up that location. There's nothing more that needs to be added to the spot aside from a possible footing for the new ride.

Sorry for the double post. I do agree that the view cannot be more obstruct than it is now, but do you think with Wicked Twister even built parallel to the lake it has an open view of the lake unless you're in the station? Why would CP build another coaster station in the adjacent vicinity if they are suggesting a different view of the beach that has never been seen before.

Because it would be. Getting rid of Disaster Transport and putting a coaster that's not enclosed in a multistory warehouse would be opening a view that has never been seen before. Wicked Twister works just fine where its at and it'd be no different with the new ride. In fact, it'd be no more of a better view of the beach itself than it would from anywhere on the Wicked Twister midway.

I think Ouimet saying what he said was more of a hint towards the fate of Disaster. I wouldn't hold what he said as a definitive measure of how open the view is going to be.

you forget--the view of the beach FROM THE COASTER will be far superior to the view from DT even if they build a big, ugly opaque station house

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

CPfan1976 said:
There aint nothing worse than standing in 2+ hour lines in 105 degree weather with bratty kids. I know CP's will be better also and I would of rode it if I didn't hear about this coaster coming next year first.

You don't know because you don't even know for sure that CP is building the ride until they announce it.

And I wouldn't know about waiting in line for Wild Eagle, because I had a Q-bot. Two laps during the day, and another eight during ERT for our event. I just moved around from seat to seat.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Are the inner or outer seats better? Ive heard they're a pretty different experience.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

TTD 120mph said:
Because it would be. Getting rid of Disaster Transport and putting a coaster that's not enclosed in a multistory warehouse would be opening a view that has never been seen before. Wicked Twister works just fine where its at and it'd be no different with the new ride. In fact, it'd be no more of a better view of the beach itself than it would from anywhere on the Wicked Twister midway.

I think Ouimet saying what he said was more of a hint towards the fate of Disaster. I wouldn't hold what he said as a definitive measure of how open the view is going to be.

Huh?! I really don't think you read my post. Not once did I say that Wicked Twister's location wasn't fine. I think it's the best located coaster in the park having worked it, actually. I'm just trying to give you a detailed explanation that one can't simply suggest opening up a view of the beach (tearing down that "multistory warehouse") by placing another building (coaster station) right there just to cover it back up again. Then I gave WT's station as an example of covering the view of the beach unless you are actually standing in the station or in line.

With that last sentence in your post, I could also say in return that I wouldn't hold what the memo says as a definitive measure of what that $25 million is going to cover, but I don't have my doubts as to what is coming next year.

TwistedWicker77 said:
I'm just trying to give you a detailed explanation that one can't simply suggest opening up a view of the beach (tearing down that "multistory warehouse") by placing another building (coaster station) right there just to cover it back up again.

Are you suggesting that if this rumor of the park getting a wing-rider is true that it's station will be big enough to block the entire view of the beach again? Sorry but even if the station was a third the size of DT, it would still in fact open up the view of the beach.

Personally I don't think anymore than 35% of the current space occupied by DT will even be used for the new coaster itself. The station will sit back towards the parking lot, with most of the space being used for a new entry plaza, queue, "viewing area", ride photo, etc. I could even see Troika Troika Troika becoming an "island", having the midway all around it.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service