Cedar Point 2013

CPfan, the Sky Ride was operating before the Frontier Lift was built, CP had both lifts running for a number of seasons. Frontier Lift was removed when Iron Dragon was built.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Although it would be pretty difficult, it would have been cool if they could have reworked the sky ride to have it still make its way to the FT lift.

Anybody have an old map showing where the Frontier lift went?

It went from the current Iron Dragon station to the restrooms next to Skyhawk. I couldn't find a map showing it.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Why did they remove Frontier Lift?

Sounds like from what others, they removed it for the addition of Iron Dragon .

They probly thought it was kinda pointless with the train. You don't need two rides transporting from that area to the back of the park.

It looks like that lift was a lot of fun, though. It was just all woods below you from what it looks like in the picture.

CPboy77 said:

To make way for Iron Dragon.

CPfan1976 said:
Just got back from 105+temperatures of Tennessee and all of the billboards in Pigeon Forge, Tn (by Dollywood) are hyping the Wild Eagle. See link below. I won't go on it until I go on CP's first. Just my loyalty, sorry, and I dont' want any preconceived ideas either.

Well that was pretty silly. You missed out one of the only new rides that really impressed me in years.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

CPboy77 said:

Iron Dragon, and the fact that there wasn't any way to get emergency vehicles on the island if anything went wrong.

Does anyone know if there has been any talk of moving the Giant Wheel again when DT and SS are removed? It never crossed my mind but I did hear something interesting about it.

^ I doubt it. i think there would be a better chance of having to move troikia then giant wheel.

^I agree, just throwing it out there to see if anyone else heard anything.

I heard that Space Spiral will be closing the first week of august. I would assume the same goes for DT.

I'm very anxious to start seeing progress on the new project, which starts with the rides removal.

I never thought about moving Giant Wheel but I could actually see it being done. I could see them moving it right up to the beach instead of in front of Wicked Twister. I think it would be much nicer then.

SSL488 said:
I heard that Space Spiral will be closing the first week of august. I would assume the same goes for DT.

Where'd you hear that?

^Probably this website considering I have said both will close in August about 3 times now.

99er, You got that right.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service